Blower fan noise

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Will1979

Blower fan noise

Post by Will1979 »

There is noise coming from my blower fan. I cleaned the cabin air filter and tried to vacuum in there, but I still have a noise. Also, I noticed a wire that was disconnected. I plugged it back in and the vent above the blow started to continuously close. Any suggestions? Thanks!
vibrologist

Re: Blower fan noise

Post by vibrologist »

What is the noise? Tuck-tuck -tuck....?
If it is clicking like that you need a new recirculation actuator. I did this just a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjEVPCi5JVU
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
Will1979

Post by Will1979 »

Thank you!
vfour

Post by vfour »

Sometimes you get leaves and other debris that ends up in the blower assembly. You need to take it out and clean it or check that the blower isn't cracked.

If you check YouTube there are lots of videos that explain how to do this. Pretty easy.
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

vibrologist wrote:What is the noise? Tuck-tuck -tuck....?
If it is clicking like that you need a new recirculation actuator. I did this just a few weeks ago.
Does it go away or come back when you engage or disengage the circulation button? If so, Vibrologist is spot on.

Otherwise, it could simply be debris in the blower motor. If you haven't changed the cabin air filter in a while, now is as good of a time as any to do so while checking on the motor.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe