Car stalls way more than it should

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Duravibe

Car stalls way more than it should

Post by Duravibe »

I just replaced the clutch in my car, everything went fine, after about 50km it started stalling a lot, mostly when its up to temp. If i push the clutch in when i stop it stalls, at this point i bump start it and it runs great until i go to stop again. When its up to temp unless i tap the gas pedal when it starts itll stall. On the first test drive it threw p0300-p0304 (missfire all 4 cylinders) cleared the codes and 200 km later no codes have came up. Im really stumped any help would be awesome!
2007 pontiac vibe 1.8L 5 speed manual, custom stainless exhaust, cold air intake
vibrologist

Re: Car stalls way more than it should

Post by vibrologist »

In general it is a good idea to trace back for anything that may have been disconnected or disturbed during the recent work.

Beyond that give us a little more to go by.
How many miles?
How old are the spark plugs?
Any fluid leaks? (Valve cover gasket maybe?)
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
hogdoctor

Post by hogdoctor »

Your description reminds me of a blown brake booster diaphragm - when you hit the brake, the vacuum booster lets a bunch of extra air into the intake manifold and the engine leans out and stalls. Try clamping off the power brake booster and retest. (of course be aware that it will be harder to work the brake) See if you can find a test for the brake booster in the manual...
zbyers

Post by zbyers »

Definitely sounds vacuum related. Since you have to take the air box out of the way to replace the clutch, I would check there. I would also look at the vacuum line running to the brake booster, since you have to reach back around that to the shifter cables.
'74 Thing, '79 El Camino, '83 VW DoKa '91 Vanagon, '03 Base, 04 GT
'06 CRV, '06 AWD, '07 Base, '12 Highlander Limited, '17 Frontier CCLB

Byerscrew Garage, GenVibe Facebook, How-To Index
Everything You Need To Know About the Pontiac Vibe
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

If you forgot to connect this hose the car will run like crap. Ask me how I know.
file.jpg
file.jpg (89.05 KiB) Viewed 1023 times
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476