Driver's Side Mirror

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Soulmanvibe

Driver's Side Mirror

Post by Soulmanvibe »

Has anyone had trouble with the driver's side mirror not responding to the mirror controls? My passenger side mirror moves, but the driver's doesn't. I got another mirror at a wrecker and plugged it in, but it didn't work either. Not a big problem, really, but I'm curious what might be wrong.
jolt

Re: Driver's Side Mirror

Post by jolt »

Your second guess should be that the switch is bad but it could be a broken wire or bad connection too. If the salvage yard had a mirror, go back and get the switch to try. If you like to gamble then get the switch.
Soulmanvibe

Post by Soulmanvibe »

I went back to the wrecker and got the switch (only a couple of bucks) and it didn't work either. I'm going to check the wires and see if there is anything obviously wrong. I'd appreciate any other ideas.
vibrologist

Post by vibrologist »

Soulmanvibe wrote:I went back to the wrecker and got the switch (only a couple of bucks) and it didn't work either. I'm going to check the wires and see if there is anything obviously wrong. I'd appreciate any other ideas.
Check the wires as you have already planned. Keep in mind that the circuit needs to have ground to complete.
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
jolt

Post by jolt »

If you had used the "Search" box in the upper right side of every page, you would have found this post which has the wiring for the outside mirrors:

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=46061&p=518847&hil ... ng#p518847

You did not say what year Vibe you have but the above wiring diagram is basically the same for the two generations of Vibes. The wire colors are different but where the wires go and how they work are the same.