Sunroof Weatherstrip Cross-reference?

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
curtis

Sunroof Weatherstrip Cross-reference?

Post by curtis »

My '05 is in need of a sunroof weatherstrip (the weatherstrip is constantly popping off the front corners). I've read that, supposedly, a Toyota Matrix sunroof weatherstrip might be able to replace the Vibe's, but nobody seems to reference a part number. I'm guessing they would match year-to-year, but without confirmation, I'm hesitant to spend money on it.

Does anyone know, especially first-hand, of a part number for a generally-available weatherstrip for the '05 Vibe?
joatmon

Re: Sunroof Weatherstrip Cross-reference?

Post by joatmon »

I'd bet (with your money this time) that the Matrix part would work on a Vibe, I own both an 03 Vibe and an 03 Matrix both with sunroofs, and they sure look identical to me.

https://www.discountpartsmonster.com/au ... nroof-scat indicates that he Toyota part number for the sunroof weatherstrip is 63251-02020.

seems to run just under $40 before shipping at most of the on line toyota parts places

all that being said, I have never bought or replaced a sunroof weatherstrip, so I can not provide direct first hand testimony that that specific part number will fit your car
curtis

Re: Sunroof Weatherstrip Cross-reference?

Post by curtis »

Thank you for the reply, joatmon. I may end up rolling the dice and trying it out sometime. If I get around to trying it, I'll try to remember to post back on this thread.