Replaced fuses and now car won’t start ??!!!

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
1kingtez

Replaced fuses and now car won’t start ??!!!

Post by 1kingtez »

Is this a typical problem and can’t it be fixed quickly????

I needed t replace the CIG fuse on my 05Vibe AWD

Replaced that and now everything is cool

In the mist of relacing that fuse I had taken out the DOOR AND AM1 Fuse to see if they were ok ...as placing the fuses back in the alarm was armed ...tried starting vehicle after that and nothing but a humming sound!!!??

Can I do something to get my car started quickly
runningslow

Re: Replaced fuses and now car won’t start ??!!!

Post by runningslow »

I'm not sure what to tell you. You may get a faster response from the Facebook group for a more time sensitive issue like this. If you're not
on their, yet, here's a link. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Genvibe/

Are you certain that you put the fuses back into the correct places? I would recommend checking all of the other fuses, which I personally know is a royal PITA. Do you have a multimeter? The easiest way to check if a fuse is good is to check continuity of the fuse in place.

If the alarm (factory alarm?) was armed, can you disarm it? If you can't, it sounds like you may have activated some sort of immobilizer circuit (but I really don't have any idea how this system works).
Josh
2005 Vibe GT ~ Platinum
2006 Vibe ~ Lava, Base, Auto
2005 Corolla S ~ Silver Streak Mica, Manual (Wife's)
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something
completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
joatmon

Re: Replaced fuses and now car won’t start ??!!!

Post by joatmon »

Don't know what alarm system you have in the car, so its hard to say how that might affect it. Alarm systems were not a standard feature in Vibes. I'm not sure if the factory optional theft deterrent system was just something to honk the horn or if it might keep the car from starting. The 2005 owners manual has steps to disarm the system on page 2-17 ( viewtopic.php?f=28&t=755 ) If its an aftermarket alarm system, then maybe the manual on it would provide some insight

If its not the alarm, then the CIG and DOOR fuses wouldn't affect it starting. The AM1 fuse feeds the CIG fuse, so if your radio works, then the AM1 fuse is back in the right spot