2004 blend door stuck on heat.

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
e_just

2004 blend door stuck on heat.

Post by e_just »

Hey Gang
The hot/cold balance control on my vibe does nothing. Warm air blows through the vents even if the control is set all the way on cool. I took a look at the climate control knobs and I don't think they are the problem. Where would be the next place to look?
Thanks
ColonelPanic

Re: 2004 blend door stuck on heat.

Post by ColonelPanic »

I would say to start with sticking your head under the passenger side of the dash and turning the temperature knob... Make sure the cable is still attached to the white damper piece and that it moves freely.

Here is a thread with a post showing the part.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
e_just

Post by e_just »

Thanks for your reply. The cable is still attached and seems to work properly when adjusting the control knob. Could it be disconnected on the other end? Anything else I need to check out?
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

You could try disconnecting the cable from the flapper door and see if you can move it from one stop to the other, and then reattach the cable and adjust it per the thread that ColonelPanic linked. Some cars I've owned had a valve that would stop coolant flow through the heater core when HVAC controls not set in a heat position, but Vibes have hot coolant flowing through the heater core all the time, so if some air gets past that blend door, it will be partially heated

Does the temp control have any effect, and difference between max hot and max cold settings?