Hatch is Stuck and won't Open

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
bombingleroy

Hatch is Stuck and won't Open

Post by bombingleroy »

Hi everyone, so here is the background info. A couple of years ago, someone broke my back window on a rainy night. I woke up and found glass everywhere. I took it to a place that replaced the window and cleaned up the glass for me. Now the next day I went to move a desk, but I couldn't open the hatch. I tried to blame the window people, they said it had nothing to do with them. I attempted to fiddle with the cables and open it myself. Just today, I tried looking for a solution again, but there is nobody that has my problem I guess.
I have attached a video that hopefully shows the problem in full. If anyone knows how to fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.
Also, in the video I say that it is "already locked" I mean to say that the mechanism was already unlocked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4AcfGf ... e=youtu.be
vibrologist

Re: Hatch is Stuck and won't Open

Post by vibrologist »

I think I would go to a body shop. Everything is already accessible. I bet they get it open in a second or two.

Good luck!
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476
bombingleroy

Post by bombingleroy »

So I took another crack at it today. I noticed that right on the latch itself there is a tiny hole that has the arm from the cable mechanism that actually moves the hook that locks onto the little anchor thing on the main body of the car.

So I took a screw driver and just started ramming away in there and I guess whatever was gunked up, and/or caught got dislodged and the hatch is now opening and closing without problems.
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

As we used to say in the construction industry: "there's nothing a good hammer can't fix." Congrats.