CEL, VSC lights on with four code faults

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
djan2000

CEL, VSC lights on with four code faults

Post by djan2000 »

Hi everyone,
2009 vibe GT just recently has check engine light on, along with VSC light on the dash. My little OBDII code reader gives four faults:
N/A 01/01
N/A 01/02
N/A 01/03
N/A 01/04

The car runs and sounds fine. Any clue what these codes mean? Is this likely something a mechanic needs to deal with, or something I can possibly tackle? Thanks for any help and advice.
Dave
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic
MacGyver

Re: CEL, VSC lights on with four code faults

Post by MacGyver »

Sometimes, when the CEL comes on, the car disables VSC in order to not strain a possibly compromised engine.

How old is your code reader? N/A suggests the code reader can't understand the codes the computer is throwing. Try another reader, or visit your local auto parts store and get your codes read for free.
2009 Vibe Base
djan2000

Post by djan2000 »

Thanks for the info.
My code reader is probably about 5-6 years old.
If my code reader can't figure out the codes, then it sounds like I should get them read at an auto parts store, and go from there.
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic
enfield577

Post by enfield577 »

This morning, about a half mile from the house, my CEL, TCS lamp, and VSC lamp came on simultaneously - the TCS lamp was flashing. I stopped and shut the engine off and restarted, but same lamps. I turned around and drove home and got the other car.

When I got home from work I checked the lamps - still there - then I put my OBD2 reader on the Vibe, and it showed DTC P0602 (which really doesn't tell me much - "engine control module programming error"). The owners manual says that the TCS and VSC lamps can come on, which turns on the CEL, for a TCS issue. So DTC P0602 doesn't make much sense here.

So I cleared the code, which turned off the lamps. I did a test drive of about 7 miles, with multiple stopping and starting, corner turns, usual driving profile. The lamps did not come back on and the OBD2 shows no DTCs.

So I'll see if they come back on tomorrow. Sometimes, in the world of electronic control modules (which I work with on Army trucks almost daily), an ECM can see a bad or garbled message on the network, or some other slight glitch that sets a code. But there really isn't an issue. Maybe that's the case here (i hope).

** One day later ... problem solved. No reappearing issues, after driving some 30 miles today.
2009 Vibe GT Red Hot Metallic 2.4L
Garage - viewtopic.php?t=34799