2zr-fe head bolts

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
AHW

2zr-fe head bolts

Post by AHW »

2009 pontiac vibe 1.8l 2zr-fe 11-08 build date. Found some at monkeywrench racing. Says that they fit 1ZZ-FE, 2ZZ-GE, 2ZR-FE. I emailed them about this because I can't find anything that says that they use the same size head bolts. I also asked what the length of the head bolts was ....they couldn't tell me the length.
I talked with the parts guy at GM dealership he can't even get any. He did find ES72249-2 head bolts, they are for toyota, toyota truck L4 2.4L DOHC Eng 2001-09. These bolts are 5 5/8 in length. The bolts I removed from my motor are 5 13/16 in length.
Will 3/16 of a inch shorter be an issue. Can I use these head bolts. I don't want to order from MWR without knowing the length and not finding anything saying the 3 engines use the same bolt.
MacGyver

Re: 2zr-fe head bolts

Post by MacGyver »

rockauto says the bolts are ENGINETECH HB298 (unfortunately out of stock) and gives a list of vehicles they are compatible with.

It's important to use the exact bolt to ensure the head is torqued to the block correctly.

What's wrong with the old bolts?
2009 Vibe Base
AHW

Post by AHW »

Everything that I have found says to replace the head bolts an not use the old ones.
When I checked rock auto it said no part found. What did you look up to get that part number?
gtv237

Post by gtv237 »

You shouldn't reuse head bolts because they are torque-to-yield. I would try the Toyota dealership. Just give them the same model year but for a corolla. If they insist on having a vin go on eBay and get one :)
AHW

Post by AHW »

Finally found some through toyota dealer. I was hoping they had them in stock but no luck. He told me that no dealer in Indiana had them in stock. They will be in tomorrow morning. The price wasn't as bad as I thought it would be $108 plus I really need them. He also looked at aftermarket an said that there are no aftermarket bolts. It makes me wonder if Monkey Wrench Racing is selling the correct head bolts for the 2zr-fe or did he just want my business.