Cruise Control popping out

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
blankmonkey

Cruise Control popping out

Post by blankmonkey »

Hello all, I am deeply hopeful I can get some info, I am in between jobs and need to fix this myself.

The cruise control will pop out after varying degrees of time. Very similar to this;
viewtopic.php?t=40413

Even when the car is not pushing hard. I had a mechanic check, and there are no codes to be seen. I did replace the center brake light, and it got better, but it is still a problem.
Jbenrod

Re: Cruise Control popping out

Post by Jbenrod »

Test the brake light switch.
2005 Base - 220k
blankmonkey

Post by blankmonkey »

How do I do that?
blankmonkey

Post by blankmonkey »

I do know the brake lights are not on when i am not breaking
circuitsmith

Post by circuitsmith »

There's also a clutch switch if you have a manual trans.
2006 Matrix 5-sp
blankmonkey

Post by blankmonkey »

Automatic

Had a discussion with some guys today, they were saying to check the break calibers. I am hearing a knocking (more recent then CC problem) and said it may be contributing to this and other problems. thoughts? links and pictures??
PonchoGT

Post by PonchoGT »

This sounds elementary, but make sure your brake light bulbs aren't burned out. The cruise control won't enable properly if the circuit isn't completed and the bulbs are part of the circuitry.
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

I have a CC issue in my auto 03, where the CC light will blink off once for a split second and then come back on steady, and the car will drop out of CC. (stepping on the brake while CC is on doesn't seem to blink the CC light) If I set it again, it will work for a while, but a little less time than the previous time. I can repeat the cycle, each time for less time than before, until the CC will blink off right after setting it

However, this only ever happens when I have the heat on. Works fine when in just fresh air or with AC, but goes into ever shortening cycle when I'm blasting heat. I figure I've got a leak in the air duct system blowing on the CC control module, which gets too hot and then freaks out, but I haven't done anything to verify that guess or to fix the problem.

Sounds different from your problem, and not a problem in a midAtlantic July