2009 AWD - CEL, VSC(blinking), ABS and AWD lights

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
MindBlowin03

2009 AWD - CEL, VSC(blinking), ABS and AWD lights

Post by MindBlowin03 »

Recently started getting these lights off and on. Noticed it only happens when it's raining or damp outside. Went to my local Autozone and it had two codes, P0607(ECM) and P0138(Bank 1 Sensor 2). Anyone ever has this issue before? Just wondering what to expect.
-Nick
'09 Vibe AWD
gtv237

Re: 2009 AWD - CEL, VSC(blinking), ABS and AWD lights

Post by gtv237 »

It's disabling VSC because of your p0607.
sstewart2967

Post by sstewart2967 »

MindBlowin03 wrote:Recently started getting these lights off and on. Noticed it only happens when it's raining or damp outside. Went to my local Autozone and it had two codes, P0607(ECM) and P0138(Bank 1 Sensor 2). Anyone ever has this issue before? Just wondering what to expect.

Mine just started this as well about a week ago. My check engine, traction control, abs. AWD, and vsc light flashing. Mine may have been self inflicted. When i washed it, i popped the hood and gave the engine compartment and the underside of the hood a good cleaning. I tried to be careful not to blast any electrical connections...but....you know how it goes. Well, a few days later, it started. I pulled the plugs on the computer to reset it. It worked, lights out. It ran pretty bad after doing so. Wanted to stall in drive. I let it idle in park for about 10 minutes to "relearn" the idle control. All was well for about 200 miles, until this morning. It was wet and rainy and the lights came back on. I didnt do anything this time, just drove to work and home. It was dry and warm after work and later went for drive, no lights. I didnt get any codes read anywhere. Well see what happens tomorrow morning as its drizzling now as i type this.
2009 AWD blue
MacGyver

Post by MacGyver »

P0138 means bad O2 sensor. Check the connections to it, check the path to and from the airbox and make sure it's clear - and replace the sensor if necessary.

If the engine isn't running right, and a code is triggered, often the other systems (ABS, VSC, etc) get disabled to protect the engine from excess strain and possible further damage. See viewtopic.php?f=17&t=45570&p=515440
2009 Vibe Base
Caretaker

Post by Caretaker »

Yep, water and Vibe engines don't mix so well. I've toned back my engine cleaning to wet cloth wipe downs. No more full bore engine washing for me. Did you happen to wash your engine out before this happened? Another thing which triggers those lights is getting a carbon deposit cleaning service done where they do a slow drip, and after an hour a plume of white smoke blows out the tailpipe as the carbon deposits are blown out. If done hastily, those services also trigger the VSC, ABS and other lights at the same time. About 10 or less times over these 7 years, I have had a rough idle start when there has been a heavy dew or after a night of rain. Only once did I notice a temporary flashing of lights. Unfortunately our electrical wires don't get wrapped/insulated quite the same way as a Mercedes.