2003 vibe gt thermostat issues

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
metso5

2003 vibe gt thermostat issues

Post by metso5 »

hi everybody
i always go on this site to leech valuable info on my vibe but for once i can post some info on to others,,here goes
i ould start my car in the cold mornings to warm up--it did after 10 minutes---right up to normal operating temps....then as i would drive to work the temp gauce would drop faster than i could read!!!in a matter of thirty seconds my temp gauge would read 50--(removed)!!!anyways i brought my car to whitby toyota(cause the local gm dealership is brutal!!)and after a quick repair i had a new thermostat and my car was perfect again----my old one was stuck open!!!!!its better than stuck closed i guess cause then my vibe would have over heated and bye bye motor--first issue ive had with my car affter 150 000km so im not compaining--it was just a bit mind boggling
Flip-Side

Re: 2003 vibe gt thermostat issues

Post by Flip-Side »

You were smart to use a toyota dealer thermastat. The 2z engine has issues with cheap ones like murray or duralast. They die faster than fast, and the oem one is the only one I would ever use on this car.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.