2004 Roof Leak

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
kc6yot

2004 Roof Leak

Post by kc6yot »

Have a 2004 Vibe, AWD "No Sun Roof", just bought this used, first heavy rain water dripping from driver and passenger side headliner edge just above the front doors just a little forward of center of the doors. Did a topic search but only found leaks topics related to sun roof. I also have a 2006 Base 5-speed no leaks at all. Is there something in the roof track or roof rack that may need to be resealed? I do not think the water is not coming from the door gaskets, rain water getting in from somewhere on top. Any ideas?
Scwmcan

Re: 2004 Roof Leak

Post by Scwmcan »

If it is truly not coming in the door seals, the there is only one or two places it could be coming from, either the roof rack area or the windshield ( depending on where the leak is). So yes i would probably check the roof rack area for leaks, maybe you can use a hose to try to spray only that area and see if you get leaks, at least then you could know wether you have to remove the racks and try to resell or not. Good hunting.
sideshowalan

Post by sideshowalan »

There is a rubber strip on the roof above the front doors just forward of the roof rack. Look around or under it to see if there are any drain holes.

Besides that the most likely thing is that the water is getting past the windshield seal. Have you had the windshield replaced anytime recently?
2008 Pontiac Vibe
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
(Former 2003 5-speed Vibe owner)
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

sounds like the windsheild
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Does the car have an aftermarket XMsirius antenna? Shops that don't know what they are doing sometimes drill holes in the roof for the wire.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
kc6yot

Post by kc6yot »

Looking at it in the daytime, it is where the headliner meets the plastic on the forward door/windsheld post, going glass place tomorrow to have the windshield resealed. I agree if that does not fix it, the roof rack is next. Will let ya know after the next rain.
Flip-Side

Post by Flip-Side »

I had the same problem after a new windshield was installed. Took it back and after they resealed it the leak stopped.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.
kc6yot

Post by kc6yot »

Yep, it was the windshield gasket, leaking on both top corners. Took it to Discount Auto Glass in Jacksonville, AR, for $109.00 they took the windsheild out, removed the old gasket, remove the rust, then reinstalled the windshied with a life time warranty that it will not leak again. Took them two hours to get it done. Not bad, would recomend them to anyone in Central AR. :P