Radiator fan not working

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
christo

Radiator fan not working

Post by christo »

Hi everybody,I was leaving Quebec City tonight to go back home for the weekend... As a normal friday afternoon, there was traffic going to the bridges where I need to reach.In the traffic, temperature was going up and up... I think that the fan is not working... how to know where the problem is coming from?Thank you,Christo
djkeev

Re: Radiator fan not working (christo)

Post by djkeev »

First thing, when the engine is cool, open the radiator cap and see if there is any coolant in the system. You may have a leak and if you are low on coolant, no amount of cooling fans will cool off your engine.If you are low on coolant, fill it up, wait, let the bubbles escape and keep filling until it is full. Now, find out why you were low, where is the leak?? Go fix it NOW!!!IF you are full with coolant, start the engine and let it idle until it is fully warm. Before overheating the cooling fan should kick on. Keep an eye on the temp gauge so you don't overheat should it fail to come on.If it doesn't come on, you've got a wire unplugged, a bad fan, a bad fan sensor, a bad relay, a bad fuse......Depending upon your repair skills you can find and fix the problem yourself or take it to a shop and pay them $$'s to fix it for you.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
christo

Re: Radiator fan not working (djkeev)

Post by christo »

Hi!Took a look under the hood this morning... I found that my 40A radiator fan fuse is dead... I think it will be ok... I'm going now for replacing the fuse!!Have a nice day!
christo

Post by christo »

Fail...My new fuse is already dead... there is a problem somewhere...I will probably need to bring the car to a dealer...