Broke My Sunroof Wind Deflector

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
09vGT

Broke My Sunroof Wind Deflector

Post by 09vGT »

Does the sunroof wind deflector actually do anything? I sort of broke it. The only way I can think that I may have broken it was when I was mad and I slammed it shut. It opened fine and everything, and didn't notice tonight when I tried to shut it closed. Ill try to explain best I can tonight, and post pictures tomorrow when I have some daylight. Here it goes. On both sides of the wind deflector that pops up, there are two silver wire type things that, I assume, hold it from flying all the way up. Well, on the right hand side, the end broke off, taking the wire with it. Now there is a spring loaded type of wire sticking down, so when I close the glass, it has to really push, since it doesn't have the piece that broke off, to hang on to. I looked on GM parts direct and couldn't find the piece I'm looking for. Here's a picture of the end that broke off. Again, Ill post pictures of the sunroof tomorrow.I'm guessing I can still function the sunroof normally?
TONY TAT2

Re: Broke My Sunroof Wind Deflector (09vGT)

Post by TONY TAT2 »

Sunroof rage,I think your the 1st !
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
djkeev

Post by djkeev »

So sorry that happened! You can get the parts I'm sure. You may need to stop by a "Pontiac" dealer and have them pull up the image of the unit.What does it do? It quite simply directs airflow UP and over the open roof and not get scooped in by the backside of the roof.Without a deflector you will get air hammer and droning that will batter your ear drums as you drive as higher speeds.You can mitigate this by opening the rear door windows an inch or so to relieve the built up pressure inside the cabin.You don't NEED the deflector but it is nice to have.Dave
(o ! /o) (o)=I=(o)
Cougar Vibe

Post by Cougar Vibe »

Be honest now, this was the situation...right?:
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Alright. Both sides are broken. Not just one. Great. Here's the picture of the broken pieces and when they are suppose to go. One is still on the car, just hasn't broken off yet. If any of yall know the part number let me know please! This looks relatively easy to fix if I can get the parts. Also, do you think maybe the Toyota part may be cheaper, if available, and if it will fit. Right Side Left Side
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Geez Ethan, no need to take your aggression out on poor Apollo ! What'd he ever do to you !?!I checked out GMPD and couldn't find anything. I would suggest taking one of the pieces in with you to a GM or Toyota dealer and see if they can help you. It looks like if you can get the individual pieces it shouldn't be too expensive.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Dealer said it as part of a set. SO, this mean I'm going to have to get creative and find a fix!
star_deceiver

Re: (09vGT)

Post by star_deceiver »

Any junkyards near you that might have late-model Vibe/Matrix's?
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
vibenvy

Re: (star_deceiver)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Any junkyards near you that might have late-model Vibe/Matrix's?Check car-part.com .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Nope Closest one is like 450 miles away!
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Fixed it. Its rigged up.A bottle of ultra strong super glue and four glued fingers stuck together later, fixed it! YAY!