Toyota Matrix fuel door compatible with Pontiac Vibe?

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
hawksdman35

Toyota Matrix fuel door compatible with Pontiac Vibe?

Post by hawksdman35 »

Hey all! This is my first post. Anyways, I have an 04 VIbe, and my fuel door was ripped off by a dumb gas man Pontiac wants 95.00 for a new fuel door not painted! But Toyota only wants 60.00. The guy is very hesitant to sell it to me, because hes not sure if it would be compatible or not. What is your input on this guys? Can anyone help me? My Vibe looks like a mess with out the fuel door!
zionzr2

Re: Toyota Matrix fuel door compatible with Pontiac Vibe? (hawksdman35)

Post by zionzr2 »

there is quite a bit of sheet metal differences in the vibe and matrix, so my initial response would be I doubt they are compatible. You might try a junk/salvage yard in your area to see if there is an available fuel door for a vibe.
Bikerscum

Re: Toyota Matrix fuel door compatible with Pontiac Vibe? (hawksdman35)

Post by Bikerscum »

http://www.uneedapart.com/$40 used in silver. Lots of used parts search services online.
CMH

Re: Toyota Matrix fuel door compatible with Pontiac Vibe?

Post by CMH »

I need a 2003 Vibe fuel door and hinge. Searched gm parts and found only springs or whole quarter panel (over $100). Fuel door hinge broken in gas theft, door lost on road. Has anyone replaced a door and hinge, and where did you get it?
Flip-Side

Re: Toyota Matrix fuel door compatible with Pontiac Vibe?

Post by Flip-Side »

Mounting is identical, shape and clearances are totally wrong.

I got mine from a junk yard. I drilled out the rivets of the mount still stuck to my car, threw it away, and riveted the new one on. Paint did not match, so a body shop sprayed it for me for a fee. Better to get one that matches to save money.

The gas doors on the 2003 vibes are known to break, the cheap rolled steel hinge seizes and breaks if it never gets lubed. Most likely not the gas guys fault. I use white lithium grease on my newly acquired matrix to prevent it from happening again. Any autoparts store will have it.
Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for.