Poll: '09 & '10 GT Owners Inside Please

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
VforVIBE

Poll: '09 & '10 GT Owners Inside Please

Post by VforVIBE »

Anyone having issue with the front bumper of their Vibe GT not wanting to stay clipped in? The problem seems to be right where the bumper meets the outside edge of the headlight (where the reflector is)...This is after I pushed the bumper in......which it came right back out again.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Actually glad I came across another thread about this.. I thought it was something I had done !.. Guess not.. But yeah.. mine looks like yours.. not too bad yet.. but I'm always pushing it back in.. LOL on the last choice to vote!
papacueball

Post by papacueball »

I ran over a raccoon on the way to work a few months ago, and the right side popped out. I popped it back in, and it's been good ever since.
2009 Vibe GT - Carbon Gray Metallic - 5 sp. manualClarion-Sundown-Pioneer-Vifa-H Audio-Dayton-SDS
lowincash

Post by lowincash »

Mine popped out when someone hit my car while it was parked. They hit my car so hard that the left headlight was aimed down and the bumper popped out. I just popped it back in and it's been in ever since.
-- 2009 Vibe GT in Jet Black
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

So far mine is still perfect! I was going to ask if the climate changes would have had something to do with it BUT I see that all of you are located in Warmer states. Otherwise ice, snow, expansion & contraction MAYBE could be partially to blame? Also compare VIN numbers and see if they were all made close to each other where the factory could have had a bad batch of clips/fasteners? I'm now going to keep an eye on mine though I still have very low mileage on it (just turned 5k). I obviously haven't hit as many bumps & potholes as you guys yet!
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
vibenvy

Re: (tpollauf)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »LOL on the last choice to vote! x2!Both mine and my mom's are fine. I will definitely keep an eye on them though.
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Any idea on how to fix? Now the clips closest to the drivers door have come loose too.. So now it like has dropped down on that whole side.. I tried to take hold of the bumper from the bottom push up and hammer in with my hand.. Didn't work.. I think the Vibe's a bit to new to be duct taping just yet
tpollauf

Re: (09vGT)

Post by tpollauf »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Any idea on how to fix? Now the clips closest to the drivers door have come loose too.. So now it like has dropped down on that whole side.. I tried to take hold of the bumper from the bottom push up and hammer in with my hand.. Didn't work.. I think the Vibe's a bit to new to be duct taping just yet OK... this Vibe GT front bumper issue is really giving me a "challenge" (as if I need more work on my schedule). Anyways, I will inspect MY front bumper to see exactly what you're talking about. Once I see these "clips" and what their intended purpose is for, I'll then be able to come up with a BETTER solution. If this is happening somewhat frequent to several Vibe GT's all around the country, shouldn't there be a TSB issued on this? I doubt it is, or will get to the point of a recall BUT a technical service bulletin on this problem would be a start AND it would then fall under covered warranty work. Has anybody who experienced this problem contact a dealer about it? If so what was there response? I can & will gladly come up with a fix" to this problem (something I'm good at & enjoy) BUT only as a last resort. Metal fabrication is one of my passions and I've created some unbelievable "fixes" to a lot of problems over the past 30+ years. Look into this more and keep replying to this thread & eventually we'll get this problem solved.

tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

I just got done laughing my as off (no acronym needed here) We actually had ONE person cast a vote who "isn't cool enough ..... "I'm not cool enough to own a '09 or '10 GT, but wanted to vote anyway (9%, 1 votes)Not only does this forum educate me and involve me with other fellow Vibers, but the comedy relief is sometimes unbelievable!

09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Next time I take my car in for an oil change ill talk to the service manager about it.. They are extremely friendly and helpful at my local dealer.. they have fixed several different problems on my car (out of warranty) for free.. So ill ask them about it.. It'll probably be another 2 weeks to a month before I go back..
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »I just got done laughing my as off (no acronym needed here) We actually had ONE person cast a vote who "isn't cool enough ..... "I'm not cool enough to own a '09 or '10 GT, but wanted to vote anyway (9%, 1 votes)Not only does this forum educate me and involve me with other fellow Vibers, but the comedy relief is sometimes unbelievable! That was me Almost as cool as you guys, but not quite!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
vibenvy

Re: (ponta2147)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by tpollauf »I just got done laughing my as off (no acronym needed here) We actually had ONE person cast a vote who "isn't cool enough ..... "I'm not cool enough to own a '09 or '10 GT, but wanted to vote anyway (9%, 1 votes)Not only does this forum educate me and involve me with other fellow Vibers, but the comedy relief is sometimes unbelievable!Quote, originally posted by ponta2147 »That was me Almost as cool as you guys, but not quite! How did I know it was Michelle that voted for that !It's up to 4 votes now !
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
ponta2147

Post by ponta2147 »

I'm a trendsetter!
2009 2.4L Automatic with Preferred Package and Sun and Sound package May 2010 MOTM March 2011 VOTM
HarleyQuinn

Re: Poll: '09 & '10 GT Owners Inside Please (VforVIBE)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

You know this happens to me all the time a few times a week actually (This was happening even before i took off the front end to paint the grill)
09vGT

Re: Poll: '09 & '10 GT Owners Inside Please (HarleyQuinn)

Post by 09vGT »

Quote, originally posted by HarleyQuinn »You know this happens to me all the time a few times a week actually (This was happening even before i took off the front end to paint the grill)Lucky you!... This is a daily hassle for me.. multiple times a day.. actually.. anytime I drive the car. Push it in before I leave.. when I get out.. its hanging off agian.. GRR!!
HarleyQuinn

Re: Poll: '09 & '10 GT Owners Inside Please (09vGT)

Post by HarleyQuinn »

there is days that it does happen a couple of times a day so it is a bit fustrating but i just push it in and keep driving it, keep on saying to myself im gonna take it in but i get busy and forget oh well small price to pay for an awesome car though lol
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Went to the dealer today for an oil change.. and mentioned the bumper to them.. They told me after they were finished with the oil that they had fixed it, FREE of charge btw . The service manager told me that some clips were missing and they replaced them for me. Just thought I would let you all know who have the problem..
VforVIBE

Re: (09vGT)

Post by VforVIBE »

Quote, originally posted by 09vGT »Went to the dealer today for an oil change.. and mentioned the bumper to them.. They told me after they were finished with the oil that they had fixed it, FREE of charge btw . The service manager told me that some clips were missing and they replaced them for me. Just thought I would let you all know who have the problem..Awesome, will have to do that.
“I live my life free of compromise, and step into the shadows without complaint or regret.”
Viva la Pontiac! 2009 Jet Black GT
09vGT

Post by 09vGT »

Bahaha!.. Never mind since then.. It's falling off again.. I don't know what to do? Duct tape or Gorilla Glue?!..
areles

Post by areles »

Mine is fine so far.
jake75

Re: (areles)

Post by jake75 »

I have various body parts that slip out of place from time to time but so far they snap back in just fine. And I am a 1942 model!
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
Loaded87IROCZ

Post by Loaded87IROCZ »

The front bumper on mine pops out of place like that from time to time, but usually stays in place for a while after I pop it back in.
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT - Wife's daily driver
2001 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi - Daily driver
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/5 speed swap, TC suspension, 8.8 disc rear w/ 3.55s, 3" exhaust, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC at 17psi