Rear door power windows not working, but fronts work just fine.

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
trb

Rear door power windows not working, but fronts work just fine.

Post by trb »

I was just wondering if anyone had a similar problem before I take off work to go to the dealer. My son's Vibe's passenger rear window "stuck" several months ago and would not roll down. After I worked with it a bit from the door button and wiggling the window, it started working again. Well, the last time I washed his car, I tried to roll all the windows down, and neither of the rear windows worked. The front work fine. The window lock is not "on". When it is on, only the driver's window works as designed. It does not seem like I hear the motor trying to work either.I'll certainly go to the dealer before the B2B warranty runs out, but I was just curious if anyone else had similar issues. I just hope his friends didn't superglue the windows shut! LOL!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car
lovemyraffe

Post by lovemyraffe »

Sounds like an electrical issue. I don't do much with electrical.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
vintagegz

Post by vintagegz »

either a wire has broken at the harness between the body and the door, or from lack of use the contacts on the motor may have corroded slightly. Usually if you can wiggle the window slightly and it starts moving it is the lack of use symptom, just use it once in a while to keep motor from oxidizing its contacts
KrazyB

Re: Rear door power windows not working, but fronts work just fine. (trb)

Post by KrazyB »

I had this happen on my Highlander, it was a circuit problem about a 300 dollar problem.