airbag light

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Raivis

airbag light

Post by Raivis »

my airbag light is now on. not sure when it came on but just noticed it today. wondering if it will be covered by warranty??? planning on taking it in on monday or thursday. anyone know if warranty will cover this???
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
joatmon

Re: airbag light (Raivis)

Post by joatmon »

you have an 03? the factory warranty was only for three years. A bit longer for emissions equipment, but that wouldn't include the airbag system
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

got an extended warranty for 6 yr and either 60,000 or 70 ,000 miles only have like 59,600
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
joatmon

Re: (Raivis)

Post by joatmon »

didn't know that, I guess it depends on the terms of the extended warranty, but I hope it's covered. when you get it fixed, let us know what the issue was and how they fixed it.
keithvibe

Re: airbag light (Raivis)

Post by keithvibe »

raise the seat all the way up and disconnect and reconnect the air bag connector under the seatdo this as the car is off - turn the car on real quick, turn it off, and it should be good to go.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
scottibabeez

Re: airbag light (keithvibe)

Post by scottibabeez »

Is the above remedy a "fix" or just a temporary way to make the light go off? My airbag light has been blinking and I was quoted $700 to change the airbag "module" (I did my own post), but hoping that this is the real problem. I'll try your suggestion later today. Thanks.