Window Recall

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (ToolGuy)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Three weeks now and the parts still haven't come in.So, am I getting jerked around or is this typical for Texas?
sloth

Re: (ZubenElGenubi)

Post by sloth »

It took over 2 weeks for my bulbs to come in and I had the dealership order them before the recall was official. I don't think GM had all the bolts they should of when they started the recall.
irishroach77

Re: Window Recall (Vibe_dude)

Post by irishroach77 »

yeah got the recall notice, to bad the bolt fell out and shattered my window about a year ago. should have saved my receipt
03 vibe base modelK&N cold air intakeMagnaflow cat back exhaustCamconNeon incab displaycarbon fiber filmed door trimBridgestone Potenza G019 Grid
Herb

Re: Window Recall (irishroach77)

Post by Herb »

Quote, originally posted by irishroach77 »yeah got the recall notice, to bad the bolt fell out and shattered my window about a year ago. should have saved my receipt That maybe so, but couldn't hurt to have it done now just in case the bolts they used last year were old stock. Then you'd have the same problem all over again
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
WD0AFQ

Post by WD0AFQ »

Got mine done yesterday. The shop manager said it was about to fall off. Got it in nick of time.Dan
Dan GreggDexter, Mo.03 GThttp://www.danandteri.blogspot.com
Herb

Re: (WD0AFQ)

Post by Herb »

I got mine done today as well. Nothing unusual was reported, but then I don't drive it that much so the bolts never got a chance to get worn out.
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
mm car forums

Re: (mm car forums) Recall didn't fix problem

Post by mm car forums »

Returned to dealer. Window popping still occuring after new bolts installed. Only happens when door is closed. Dealer service determined that Door Check Link is worn. Not covered as part of recall. $150 repair job. Note: The door check link is the metal piece that keeps your door from swinging open beyond the normal point. It's visible when the door is opened. It slides into the door when closed. I'm not sure why it should ever interfere with window operation.
soonerfan

Post by soonerfan »

I purchased a 2005 three weeks ago and noticed the passenger side window would not go all of the way down. Thought maybe the bolt had fallen out or was really loose. Popped the passenger door panel off this afternoon, bolts were tight but the door check link, as mentioned by mm car forums above, was bent with a slight crack in it and not letting the window go all of the way down. If you opened the door the window would go all of the way down. If you closed the door, with the window down, the check link was up against the window, putting some good pressure against it. I would bet this little gizmo has caused a few broken windows as well. I removed it completely and will give the dealership a call tomorrow to check availability and price. I did notice the drivers side check link was different in material and design, so apparently it has already been replaced.
jclay49

Re: (Pigger)

Post by jclay49 »

I had my recall done last week and it also still pops about 2/3rds of the way down. I called the Pontiac Customer Assistance Center and they called the dealer but the dealer and Pontiac said that all they are required to do is replace the bolts. The dealer told Pontiac that it must be the regulator and that I would have to pay for it even though the dealer told me yesterday that he checked the regulator and it was fine. My only recourse is to try to go to NHTSA because it says in the letter that if I am not satisfied that they did their best to remedy the condition that I should contact them. I told the Pontiac rep that just maybe the bolt replacement will not work on all vehicles and it sounds like there might be other issues. Of course I should'nt expect a GM mechanic to actually find and fix the problem--just throw parts at it and let the customer pay. One reason that I will not buy another new car. It is just as easy to fix this stuff myself.
tots

Post by tots »

Just got mine done last week. The window was making a popping sound when being closed so it was good timing. I've had my Vibe for almost 5 years and this is the 1st time it's ever needed to be in the shop for a repair.
My Vibe: 2004 Base, Fusion Orange, Mono, ABS, Power.16" Alloys, Factory Alarm, Side Air Bags. Cargo Box
VibeMike

Re: Window Recall (tots)

Post by VibeMike »

Got mine fixed about a month ago but I am still hearing the sound. So I took it to my dealer--since the window was wet due to rain that day, it didn't make the sound. Has anyone noticed the sound disappears when window is wet?
jclay49

Re: Window Recall (VibeMike)

Post by jclay49 »

Mine is an '04 Fusion Orange as well with 70k and this is the first repair. The door stop is clicking slightly when the door is closed but I am just going to ignore it for now because I don't want to take the door panel off and I don't think that it is going to get worse or hurt anything. Maybe Pontiac will do a recall on it someday if someones window breaks because of it.
bodhi_tree777

Re: Window Recall (VibeMike)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

i also just recently had the recall taken care of, although now I can hear a popping sound when i didn't hear one before. Or maybe I just didn't use the window all that much before due to concerns about this whole issue. Either way, I"m calling the dealership that did the work today or tomorrow but I'm curious to hear anyone else's experiences with theirs as well.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
jclay49

Re: Window Recall (13Vibe03)

Post by jclay49 »

Run the window up and down. If it pops when the door is closed but not when the door is open, then it might be the door check link as discussed above. The dealers will not fix it.
moongdss

Re: Window Recall (jclay49)

Post by moongdss »

SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS PPL!! If you pay for an 'uncovered' repair, and they later issue a recall, you may be entitled to reimbursement
Pandora the 2006 Pontiac Salsa Vibe, 17"wheelsMods: tint, "Pandora" windshield decal, front badge skull overlay, rainguards, hoodguard, Projectorz headlite covers, black painted grills, FIAMM dual-tone horns, black grafxwerks overlays, redouts, Genvibe decals, splashguards, scangaugeII, 12v console outlet, DRL interrupt and I turned off that @#$% seat-belt beep! upcoming: red interior LEDs
slaning

Post by slaning »

Not bad at all. I had the driver's side done under warranty at 33k, and the passenger side done by my own guy at 55k (full regulator replacements, both times). Only real problems I had up to that point. Just received full reimbursement from Pontiac. Surprisingly painless, no hassle experience.
jpnj

Re: window recall--not fixed

Post by jpnj »

I took my 2003 Vibe (approx 70,000 miles) in for the window recall, and the "popping" or "clicking" sound still occurred when the window was in operation and almost completely down (this is after the defective bolts of the window recall were supposedly replaced.)I can't see any difference at all between the car before and after the "service" for the recall.I returned to the dealership, and now they claim that the problem really is the door link (wonder why they didn't see that the first time, if it really is the door link) and that it will cost $213 to repair.Does anyone know if the door link could cause this problem? If so, and it is NOT fixed, would the window break (as in the recall bolt notice), or just keep making that sound? I hardly use my windows--just to pay tolls and to pay for gasoline--if it's not a safety issue, I'm not sure why I need to have it fixed.
bodhi_tree777

Re: window recall--not fixed (jpnj)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

If anyone has any tips on a DIY fix for this (not the bolt, but the latch that we all seem to have problems with, and/or the window rattle) that would be really handy. If anyone decides to tackle this themselves please take pictures.It's not crucial, i guess, but it definitely bugs me when i shut my door with the window down at all and the glass rattles in the door like that.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
KrazyB

Post by KrazyB »

Has anyone had any of their dealerships tell them that the recall is only VIN specific? I went to the dealer to get my checked for reacalls and there were none. Just wondering, would hate for the window to break.
jsimon63

Post by jsimon63 »

Did you get a letter telling you of the recall? If so, I think I would try a different dealer! What year is your Vibe? I'm thinking the recall was on 03 and 04 Vibes only. Seems to be the same issue with later model years too, Maybe they are next to get the recall. Good luck!
04 Salsa Monotone base, SUPERCHARGED! Auto trans , 6 disc 200w stereo, Alloys, K&N filter, Moons and Tunes, Silver Stars in both fog and head lights, And now Magnilow Cat back exhaust! 06 Lava Monotone Base Auto trans, 200w single disc XM, On-star Alloys, Moons and Tunes Loaded 96 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD Built trans #0 fuel plate and secret adjustments!
mm car forums

Re: window recall--not fixed (jpnj)

Post by mm car forums »

I took mine back to the dealer because the popping sound still happened after the recall fix. Roll the window down with the door closed and then with the door open. If it is the door links (my dealer told me), then the popping only occurs with the door closed. It's a simple way to test it. Mine's a 2003 Vibe, with approx 60,000 when the popping started, and around 90,000 when the repair was done.It cost me $155 to have the dealer do the repair. Maybe labor rates are different in your area. I did provide feedback to the dealer. I was annoyed that the technician didn't let me know there was still a popping problem. Did he even check it, or maybe checked it with the door open. It was a hassle to take the car back in. I wasn't necessarily complaining about the charge. However, if this is your situation, ask the dealer to contact Pontiac service. I've received a refund for the repair charge.
Blueridge9

Re: Window Recall (Blueridge9)

Post by Blueridge9 »

Quote, originally posted by Blueridge9 »Krazy, Yes, the window bolt recall is VIN specific so not all 2003-04 are affected.It's recall # 07273. For more info contact Pontiac customer service 1-800-620-7668.It also includes a letter that says "If you paid to have this condition corrected prior to this notification, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement" and includes a claim form but you must provide a receipt with it. Contact 1-800-620-7668
Blueridge9 2004 Base, 1.8L "The Vibe is a melding of muscular looks, ..utility & economy, sportiness & road-hugging tractability." -Road & Track Magazine Sept. 2008 Pictures: http://s278.photobucket.com/user/blueridge9/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KrazyB

Re: Window Recall (Blueridge9)

Post by KrazyB »

So it is only on the 03 and 04 models? I have been having a popping sound for a whyll. I did have the driver window fixed about a year and a half ago. The window would not go up or down any more. Mine is an 05.
KrazyB

Re: Window Recall (KrazyB)

Post by KrazyB »

I noticed the other day that when my door is open that it pops really loud and sounds like it is going to break. I will not be unrolling the window with the door open ever again.
Danyeln

Anybody have thoughts on this?

Post by Danyeln »

Like one previous poster, one of my window clips was broken off and last week I had the glass replaced. However, after replacing it, the glass guy showed me that it was still moving up and down at odd angles. I told him about the recall but all I knew was that it concerned the regulator bolts. He seemed to think that having those replaced MIGHT fix my problem. Can anybody tell me what the difference would be between the operation of the window with loose regulator bolts and with a faulty regulator? Right now I am just not using the window and it will stay up fine on its own. I'm trying to steel myself for the hefty price of replacing that part if need be.
Toasted7

Re: Anybody have thoughts on this? (Danyeln)

Post by Toasted7 »

I'm guessing this is not covered on the 05s yet? I had mine worked on a year or two ago and it is popping really loudly again... sounds like the window is going to shatter. When I took it in before, they scratched up my tint and pretty much blew me off when I told them that they scratched. I'm hesitant to take it in to them again until it actually breaks completely.
VMFIC of Cincinnati Scikotics Cincinnati Scikotics sponsored by: KerryScion.com My other ride is your mom
Nightstandvibe

Post by Nightstandvibe »

Well, now this has got me pi$$ed.The car was perfect before the recall, my Wife took it in, and of course did not check it afterwards.Now it sounds like the window is going to explode, and goes up at an angle.Nice job GM. You would think they can make a window by now. My 95 Impala had the smae damn problem.GM is losing market share why?Having to go back to the dealer: Priceless.
jsimon63

Re: (Nightstandvibe)

Post by jsimon63 »

I have heard that more then once...... I say leave well enough alone if it's not a problem. I'm just wondering if they will still do my warranty work?!Can't seem to get a picture to post.... I'll figure it out! If anyone wants to offer help...jsimon63@aol.com Thanks!
04 Salsa Monotone base, SUPERCHARGED! Auto trans , 6 disc 200w stereo, Alloys, K&N filter, Moons and Tunes, Silver Stars in both fog and head lights, And now Magnilow Cat back exhaust! 06 Lava Monotone Base Auto trans, 200w single disc XM, On-star Alloys, Moons and Tunes Loaded 96 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 CTD Built trans #0 fuel plate and secret adjustments!
jsimon63

Re: (jsimon63)

Post by jsimon63 »

IMG]http://i447.photobucket.com/albums/qq19 ... G_0669.jpg[/IMG]I was gonna fix it myself.. but had a little trouble getting the door panel off....
03_Vibe

Re: (jsimon63)

Post by 03_Vibe »

I just purchased an 03 vibe and I have the same issue with both windows. I took it into the dealer for the recall and I still have the same issue so I decided to take the door panel off myself and check the bolts. The bolts seem to be tight but I still get the same noise. I am thinking about trying to replace the regulator to see if it helps but the dealer wants $150 for the part. It seems that I get the noise with the door open and closed. Has anyone tried to replace the regulator to fix the problem? If so is it hard to change out? Thanks!
jsimon63

Re: (03_Vibe)

Post by jsimon63 »

My door is making a bit of noise now too!