How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe?

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
ragingfish

How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe?

Post by ragingfish »

Overall, I like my Vibe. But I have to say, I'm starting to get frustrated. I've yet to hit 6,000 miles, and I'm already having problems my older cars didn't have until well over 100,000 miles. For example: the paint is chipping in a lot of places. It seems that the quality of the paint and clearcoat they're using is nowhere near adequate enough to fight off pebbles and road debris. Then, today, the prop rod just fell off in my hand. All my doors squeak when they open. Lights are burning out. The engine seems to lag and not have the kick it did when I first got it. I don't know...I'm a loyal Pontiac driver, and I just feel that I'm having more problems with this car than I have ever had before. Is anyone else experiencing an unusually high number of problems in the early life of their vehicle, or am I just an unfortunate soul?
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
baltimore17

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (ragingfish)

Post by baltimore17 »

I am astounded to have a car that had absolutely no defects when delivered. Is this what Toyota is all about? OK, I've only had the car for a month and have yet to break through 1000 miles, but no car I've ever bought was flawless on delivery.The conventional wisdom is to avoid a car built on a Monday or Friday, but mine was built on Friday, November 1 and them NUMMI folks were having some sort of good day!
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

quote:the paint is chipping in a lot of places. It seems that the quality of the paint and clearcoat they're using is nowhere near adequate enough to fight off pebbles and road debris. Then, today, the prop rod just fell off in my hand.Sorry to hear that. Considering I was the unlucky vehicle to get stuck directly behind an actively spraying rock salt truck on the freeway a multitude of times, I have only one very minor paint chip on the lower cladding, fortunately. I was really expecting paint chips galore after those incidents, but fortunately in my case, the paint seems to be very durable.quote:All my doors squeak when they open.It happens... hinges can't stay lubed forever. Buy some WD-40 and spray the hinges regularly. My past cars (pretty much all newer) did this every winter and I had to get out the WD-40 each year. No problems after that.quote:Lights are burning out.What lights in particular? One or two here or there isn't abnormal.quote:The engine seems to lag and not have the kick it did when I first got it.Have you done anything to the engine (area) at all?quote:Is anyone else experiencing an unusually high number of problems in the early life of their vehicle, or am I just an unfortunate soul?That's unfortunate in your case, but really your complaints aren't too bad for a first year vehicle. No major problems to report on my end and I am about at 6,000 miles as well.Good luck.
VibeSalsa

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (baltimore17)

Post by VibeSalsa »

Hi Mr. Baltimore17 !I think I have to agree with you: our car were built on November 1 but took differents ways... I'm not having anything to complain about the quality of construction of my Vibe too. I'm very satisfied and it's far better my old Saturn. It's solid, good handling, fun to drive, have a high driving position... very nice car after 2500 km (1560 miles).
2003 Base Vibe, Salsa, 5-speed, Power PackageLow pitch hornPic of my Vibe
ragingfish

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (NSimkins)

Post by ragingfish »

quote:Sorry to hear that. Considering I was the unlucky vehicle to get stuck directly behind an actively spraying rock salt truck on the freeway a multitude of times, I have only one very minor paint chip on the lower cladding, fortunately. I was really expecting paint chips galore after those incidents, but fortunately in my case, the paint seems to be very durable.Wish I could say the same. :- quote:It happens... hinges can't stay lubed forever. Buy some WD-40 and spray the hinges regularly. My past cars (pretty much all newer) did this every winter and I had to get out the WD-40 each year. No problems after that. While I never had any problems with my old cars ever doing this, I understand it happens...but I even had them lube ALL the doors today, and they still squeak. Is it SAFE to use WD-40 on the doors? I'm afraid to grease anything myself, I never know if I'm compromising safety or something or not, yaa know?quote:What lights in particular? One or two here or there isn't abnormal.Well, first the front courtsey, now myseriously the one in the hatch area went, and one of the LP lights seems dim.quote:Have you done anything to the engine (area) at all?Other than changing out the horn, heads, and fogs, nope, not a thing. quote:That's unfortunate in your case, but really your complaints aren't too bad for a first year vehicle. No major problems to report on my end and I am about at 6,000 miles as well.Just seems odd that so many things are going wrong when I haven't even had the car 4 months.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
Jethro

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe?

Post by Jethro »

A survey about quality of a vehicle really has to take into account the amount of use and length of ownership IMHO. I haven't really had mine long enough to say it's been excellent but I am pleased overall so far.As for one or two lights burning out being normal ... I disagree, unless there's an electrical problem it's due to using inferior parts. My Vibe replaced my Honda Civic which was 9+ years old and never had a single bulb replaced. If that seems abnormally good consider that my Ford Festiva (actually built by Kia) only had one bulb (overhead interior lamp) replaced in the 7 years I had it - and that was around the 6th year.As for squeaking doors - take it to the dealer and have them properly lubricate it. My Honda did this the first winter, they lubed it and it had just started to sqeak again for thie first time since when it started turning cool this fall. WD-40 is good for some applications but your dealer would have the right lubricant and it MAY not even be a lubrication issue - it may just need a slight adjustment somewhere.
ragingfish

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (Jethro)

Post by ragingfish »

quote:A survey about quality of a vehicle really has to take into account the amount of use and length of ownership IMHO. I haven't really had mine long enough to say it's been excellent but I am pleased overall so far.Thankfully, I wasn't going for scientific results. But sometimes, you get a feel from the start if things don't seem right, or even if things are going great.quote:As for one or two lights burning out being normal ... I disagree, unless there's an electrical problem it's due to using inferior parts.That's what I was feeling. I figured one bulb coulda just been a defective bulb. But 2 or 3? Seems very not good to me. quote:My Vibe replaced my Honda Civic which was 9+ years old and never had a single bulb replaced. If that seems abnormally good consider that my Ford Festiva (actually built by Kia) only had one bulb (overhead interior lamp) replaced in the 7 years I had it - and that was around the 6th year. As much as I hate to say it, there is more evidence every day that things just aren't made the way they used to be. Very frustrating, I would hope that NUMMI would have put SOME importance into quality. And maybe it's just me having unfortunate luck, but I sense there are a few people who are having similar experiences. Makes me question Pontiac's priorities -- quality vehicle, or bigger profits...quote:As for squeaking doors - take it to the dealer and have them properly lubricate it. My Honda did this the first winter, they lubed it and it had just started to sqeak again for thie first time since when it started turning cool this fall. WD-40 is good for some applications but your dealer would have the right lubricant and it MAY not even be a lubrication issue - it may just need a slight adjustment somewhere.Already had them lube it once. Or at least they told me they did. Still is doing it. Very irritating. First car I ever had that had squeaky doors. Back to teh dealer I guess. grrrrrrr...........

2009 PONTIAC G8
Vibe

Post by Vibe »

Well--Knock on wood but I haven't found one thing wrong --not even a squeak or rattle. I have 3,000 miles and so far I am very impressed with the build quality of my Vibe.And I am a real nit-picker . James
ragingfish

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (Vibe)

Post by ragingfish »

Who sold due to unresolvable problems, and would you care to tell us what they were? Just curious...

2009 PONTIAC G8
E-Man

Post by E-Man »

I have had the car for a little over a week -- Delivered Dec 13. Everything is fine except for the rattles -- the rear end compartment of the vehicle has a rattle I cannot seem to figure out what it is -- is it the rear cargo cover? Is it the rear hatch? it does not seem loose. Is it something with the rear suspension? Gosh I hope not. Now it seems I am getting the instument cluster itch. If things are this bad now at 1300 miles -- I cannot imagine them getting better with more milage.I feel that when I hit a bump or some uneven pavement, the only sound I should here is a thump and nothing else. Am I expecting too much out of this car? I am expecting Toyota build quality!I bought the car with having heard great things about NUMMI build quality. I am going to take a look at the rear compartment area this week to see if I can tighten anything down. I might have to take it to the dealer -- I just hate for them to screw other things up -- especially scratching the paint.Ed
Monotone Salsa Vibe
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

quote:.....am I just an unfortunate soul?Could be. I have had the car for 3 months now, it has not been back to the dealer for anything.My brother asked me how it was going with the car, any problems? I told him about the rattle in the A pillar. He suggested, make a list and take it to the dealer. I replied, List? That is my list. The one other thing that was out of whack I could easily adjust myself (hatch wouldn't close). This car is as good as Honda for quality! Last night my mrs. sat with the grandson in the back seat and found the shoulder belt wouldn't advance and retract, just retract and retract and retract and retract....trying to squash the life out of her. So I will play with it to confirm the trouble and make an appt. NUMMI deserves a big pat on the back. They may not make a lot of Vibes but the ones they do make are top drawer.
Frosty 5 speed Vibe Power & Safety Packages. Naturally Aspirated my gallery
NovaResource

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (Frosty)

Post by NovaResource »

quote:Last night my mrs. sat with the grandson in the back seat and found the shoulder belt wouldn't advance and retract, just retract and retract and retract and retract....trying to squash the life out of her.That is designed in. If the rear seat belts (all 3) are pulled all the way out until they stop, the mechanism goes in retract-only mode. This is done to secure a child car seat. If the seat belt is not pulled all the way out it will allow for extension and retraction. This also applies to the front passenger seat belt.See pages 1-22 and 1-48 thru 1-50 of the owners manual.
Frosty

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (NovaResource)

Post by Frosty »

quote:If the rear seat belts (all 3) are pulled all the way out until they stop, the mechanism goes in retract-only mode.Thanks Scott. Cool feature. However, my little lady was using the seatbelt, not the grandson. She never had any trouble with the passenger seat where I usually like her to sit. But she may have pulled the belt all the way out inadvertently.I will check it out when I go to wash all the f***in salt off at lunch time.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

quote:That is designed in. If the rear seat belts (all 3) are pulled all the way out until they stop, the mechanism goes in retract-only mode. This is done to secure a child car seat. If the seat belt is not pulled all the way out it will allow for extension and retraction. This also applies to the front passenger seat belt.See pages 1-22 and 1-48 thru 1-50 of the owners manual.Scott: You nailed it, thanks. I sat in the back seat and fastened the seat belt normally, no problem. If I pull it out all the way, it ratchets. I will advise the user on the correct operation. So no visit to the dealer required, my rattle only occurs when the car is cold, it goes away when it warms. I will get the dealer to investigate next oil change perhaps.
NovaResource

Post by NovaResource »

Glad to hear that. It is a very cool feature that was not really highlighted in the manual. It makes putting child seats in very easy. My Voyager doesn't have this feature and I have to use a metal clip (that is supplied with the car seats) to clip the shoulder and lap portions together to keep the belt from extending and to keep the child seat secure. The LATCH and anchor systems is even better but neither child seat we own has this feature.
Frosty

Post by Frosty »

quote:It makes putting child seats in very easy.My wife will be very happy about that. She is a safety girl
Sub-Vibe-R

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

quote:It makes putting child seats in very easy.In my Vibe, I put the metal clip anyways. Also, when you ahve to swap the seat in another car, you always have the clip....
rubberman

Post by rubberman »

Up date05/07/17 radio replaced, both front seats fixed,battery replaced, tires are crap! transmission screams,AC sucks!( But according to FRANK LAURIA its a normal....BS!!!) would not buy another GM product...raped for parts(GM)overpriced cheaper at toyota!!!!
Car&Bike Pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2355922/1New Kumho712(summer225/50/16)195/65/15 Dunlops(winter)03 Vibe 49,000kms gone!!!!!New Battery/window rubber pass doorTwo seats fixed(coming apart at the seams)Transmission?,Tires that sound like mudders on a truck(Contis) 18,000kms done/noisey A/C Compreser/poor paintRadio(no am)2 days old ,door speaker replaced
Triton

Post by Triton »

I would have to say that the quality of my Vibe is outstanding! Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having ragingfish. I haven't had any major problems here, although I haven't broken 1000 miles yet either.My wife had the same problem with the seat belt earlier today, but thanks to the great info provided once again by our web site, I have an answer to that.I was wondering if anyone else with a manual tranny has had any trouble with the pedal squeeking when you press it. I have tried getting under there and spraying WD-40 directly on the shaft that goes into towards the transmission and that didn't help at all. I bought some silicone spray today and used that also. That seemed to help a little but it still does it. Anyone else have this problem? And if so, how did you resolve the issue? Could it be that it is just cold? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
ragingfish

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (8th Planet Vibe GT)

Post by ragingfish »

Squeak might be in the engine somewhere where you can't get to it and just resonating through the shaft of the pedal. Might be a dealer fix.

2009 PONTIAC G8
Triton

Post by Triton »

I might have them check it out when I take it in for my first oil change. But it definately sounds like it is coming from the inside. Thanks for your input though. Any ideas help.Thanks again ragingfish.
***SOLD***2003 Vibe GT Monotone Neptune - Inaugural October 2004 Vibe of the Month***SOLD***

Now the proud owner of Titanium Silver 2012 Kia Optima SX
buds71595Vibe

Post by buds71595Vibe »

Our Vibe came off the lot in late August and It's about to turn 16,000 miles. So far the only problems we have had is that we can't keep it clean thanks to New England winter, our mileage dropped substanially after our first oil change, and two pieces of bad luck, one destroying our tire, and the other chipping the windsheild.All in all the Vibe has been great so far and my wife and I are really happy.
Neptune BaseAutoMoon & TunesPower16" WheelsThis Car Just Rocks!
furrydogs

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (buds71595Vibe)

Post by furrydogs »

ONE ANNOYING PROBLEM: My CD player makes an awful racket while playing CD's. Dealer ordered a new stereo a month ago and I'll be going in Monday to get it isntalled. Everything else is working just fine.
kleptos

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe?

Post by kleptos »

Lets see, where to start... I had my vibe in the shop to fix the cigarette lighter and the speaker rattle on the passenger side. I left with another appointment to come back because they managed to break the OD switch, they didnt tell me they broke it, they told me it wasnt working, but i used it that morning. So go figure. They fixed the cigarette lighter though, the fuse was blown and all that so they replaced it. The speaker rattle got worse and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Now, i have my whole dash rattling, if i hit a small bump, my rear tire cover rattles, the dash rattles, when my stereo even hits the smallest of bass notes the dash rattles, it sounds like the speaker is blown, but if i open the door, the speaker sound fine, i am sick of dealing with the dealership, so far the car has been in 3 times, and my car gets progressivly worse, and the dealership is HORRIBLE....
.: kleptos :.-----[STATISTICS]--------------------Year: 2003Make: PontiacModel: VibeColor: FrostyExtras: Moon & Tunes, AutomaticFuture Mods: Shaved Door Handles Suicide Back DoorsLocation: Boca Raton, FloridaEmail: Click Here! --------------------[02/04/2003]-----
ragingfish

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (kleptos)

Post by ragingfish »

hey, i noticed my dashboard rattles too. i figured i'll ignore it before i dare let the dealership near it.i have to admit, it's very frustrating that i can't bring my car to a PONTIAC DEALER for repair cause they make it WORSE...or at least they don't get it back together the way it was...very very very frustrating...what is one to do???

2009 PONTIAC G8
NovaResource

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (kleptos)

Post by NovaResource »

I'd look into a new dealership for service. All those rattles are common but most, if not all, can be fixed.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

can anyone on here from jersey recommend a good dealership that actually FIXES things?

2009 PONTIAC G8
PBFlash

Post by PBFlash »

My Vibe was great until last week. At 12075 miles the clutch went. Besides that I feel the quality is great. I have a few rattles but not too noticeable unless the radio is off. Not too worried about the clutch, I have not heard of any others going yet so maybe I just got a bad one.
Satellite Vibe GTMoons and Tunes Package with 6-Disc In Dash CD, Safety/Security/Power Packages, cargo mat. 35% tint all around (except windshield)18 in Motegi Racing MR8 Wheels/Nitto NT 555 225/40ZR-18 tiresStainless Steel Exhaust TipInjen CAIPics of my Vibe CarDomain.com
ragingfish

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (PBFlash)

Post by ragingfish »

When the clutch goes, what happens? You can't shift gears at all?

2009 PONTIAC G8
Voitek

Post by Voitek »

quote:When the clutch goes, what happens? You can't shift gears at all? Depends what goes. If your clutch slips or the spring is completely gone/broken you have a slim chance to get going. If your hydraulics (master and slave cylinder) go you can actually drive it (as the clutch is still angaged). So you go like that:1. Stop the engine.2. Put in first3. Depress the clutch pedal (to satisfy the interlock)4. Start the engine. THE CAR WILL START ROLLING5. Rev up and go. 6. When you reach upshift revs, just do it.You have to somehow try to match the revs of the shafts in the gearbox (upshift and downshift), but it is quite easy. You simply drive a car without synchronized gears (Fiat 500 model 1957). In fact Timo Makkinen (or Rauno Aaltonen - don't remember) won a Monte Carlo Rally in a Mini Cooper driving without using the clutch (he was gaining some 0.02 sec. on each shift change). Finally, is driving Vibe without using clutch safe? Not quite (see 3 and 4 above). Is it legal? I do not know (see 3). Is it practical? Not really (see 1 and ask yourself, how many times you have to stop on the red light etc.) Will I do it again. Depends. If stuck in the midddle of nowhere, no cell phone no tow truck, no hope I would do it. In fact been there, done that.
ragingfish

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (Voitek)

Post by ragingfish »

what if you keep the brake pedal down? why can't you do that to prevent rolling?

2009 PONTIAC G8
Voitek

Post by Voitek »

quote:what if you keep the brake pedal down? why can't you do that to prevent rolling?Than you will never be able to put the first gear. One shaft of the gearbox is connected to the rotating engine (via the stuck clutch) and another to stationary wheels. This is what you see in the movies when the guy who had never driven the standard tries to steal the car but can not put it in gear (as the engine is running). That's why you have to follow the sequence which I desribed. But to be honest, do not do it unless you really, really, really have to. It's not diffcult to drive like that, but small mistake and your greabox is history.
lesterb

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (silverawd26)

Post by lesterb »

So far our Vibe has been excellent. The fit and finish is better than I expected. Mind you I only have 420 miles on it. The only thing I have found so far it that you really need to slam the hatch door for it to close. I'm sure that is only a minor adjustment needed at the dealership. All in all I'm impressed so far.
LesterbBase Vibe, Salsa, Moons & Tunes, Power and Sport package,5 speed manual, and Security system. Two tone.
n2sound

Post by n2sound »

I’m very satisfied with my GT. 7000 miles and I haven’t had to take it to the dealer for a single thing. (It will probably blow up after posting this…Ha Ha!) There seems to be a minor rattle in the dash but it isn’t noticeable when the radio is on. I have owned many GM vehicles (Yukon, Venture, Grand Prix, Express Van, 1500 Truck, and Bonneville) and feel that this has been the best one so far!
Sub-Vibe-R

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (n2sound)

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

No trouble yet and I hope it will stay as is
Shadow Realm

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (Sub-Vibe-R)

Post by Shadow Realm »

I've only had two problems and they were minor. The first one was the tires being out of round and they replaced them right away. The second was the dash squeak which was also fixed expediately. All in all, I love my Vibe and wouldn't change it for the most part.
Abyss Monotone GT, 6 speed, Moon & Tunes, Power Group,and 16" Alloys. Soon you can see my Vibe GT at Shadowrealm's car pics but for now it is under construction!
slbpsi63

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (Shadow Realm)

Post by slbpsi63 »

I am starting to get worried. My pait job seems to be poorly done. My Vibe is 1 month old and I already have a rust spot!!! I have a total of 6 ships in my paint. Do alot of people have this problem??
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
Shadow Realm

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (slbpsi63)

Post by Shadow Realm »

I've onll seen one in my service dept for that problem. They only had it for 2 days and noticed that the paint looked bubbly. I haven't found out what was wrong, but i wil ask in the morning. Like I said before, take it to your dealership and show them especially that rust. All of that should be warrantied.
Abyss Monotone GT, 6 speed, Moon & Tunes, Power Group,and 16" Alloys. Soon you can see my Vibe GT at Shadowrealm's car pics but for now it is under construction!
E-Man

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (Shadow Realm)

Post by E-Man »

So far I am very disappointed in the vibe's quality. The rear rattle I have has yet to be fixed in 3 trips to the dealership. They have adjusted the rear hatch 2 times and now it does not close with the nice solid sound it did when it was delivered and now I have to slam it. The rattle in the back has improved some but I am not satisfied -- they epoxied a bunch of rubber bumpers to the spare tire cover to quite the rattle -- looks like crap and the cargo cover is now bubbled up. I have a few rattles in the dash and the entire instrument panel buzzes when going over rough pavement. The car only has 2100 miles on it. Ed
Monotone Salsa Vibe
ragingfish

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (E-Man)

Post by ragingfish »

Dude, seriously sounds like you need to get a new dealer, and get that cover replaced. Sounds like they mangled your car man!!!!Rattles shouldn't be this hard to resolve...just takes two people...one to drive, one to crawl around back there and locate the damn rattle...if they epoxied your cover to oblivion, which it sounds like, demand they replace it with a new one from the factory, get that hatch repaired to original condition by another dealer, and i would file a complaint with GM...it sounds like they are destroying your car.

2009 PONTIAC G8
Shadow Realm

Post by Shadow Realm »

I would have to agree with RagingFish. I would go directly to the dealer and demand all of that. If they won't do it then find another dealer that will. I would also call GM and tell them what kind of problem you are having and what the dealer has done/not done to fix it.It's a new car and they are going to have minor problems, but they should be able to fix the problems without doing more harm than good.
MJN2

Post by MJN2 »

Only complaints I have right now are 1.) Had it in for the buzzing up near the windshield (they removed/reinstalled the defroster vents) and the noise is still there.And the fact they didn't tell me when I bought it that the 17" tires aren't all season (probably my fault, I didn't go into the dealer looking at Vibes, so didn't do any research).They did fix the cargo area rattle though. According to my dealer, there is a service bulletin about it.Other than that, I'm happy..a lot less problems than my last car, which was a first model year as well.
Two-tone Neptune GT w/17" OEM rims, Nav System, BOMZ short ram, Sabresport STB
MJN2

Post by MJN2 »

Like I said...that's what the dealer told me, so take it as you want But, underneath the tray that holds the jack, etc and underneath the spare tire, I found a rubber mat they put underneath to quiet things down. Made a big difference.
Two-tone Neptune GT w/17" OEM rims, Nav System, BOMZ short ram, Sabresport STB
MadBill

Post by MadBill »

I hope I don't jinx myself for saying anything, but I've had zero problems in 10,000 km and 3 months with my base 5 speed! Nada. Nothing. (No, wait, I lie: there was a groan when I lifted the hatch below ~-18C., but a drop of WD40 on each strut fixed it...)
Sub-Vibe-R

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

My Vibe does not seems a stong as I expected.In cold morning, my Vibe sounds like an old car: slow crank while stating, slipping belt.... and my hand brake make a big craking noise when I release it and my clutch pedal is doing a sqicky sound when I press it. Except that, my Vibe is ok.
Sub-Vibe-R

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

quote:Does not sound inticing, but if it makes a noise once in a while, I would just ignore it and go on my way. My clutch and my hand brake make noise everytime it touch them. it is not once in a while. ANd for the hand brake, it is even worst when it is cold outside. It give a big scratching plastic noise.
Sub-Vibe-R

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

quote:Take it to the dealer and see if they can adjust/lube/replace it. That would bother me, those noises. Sorry to hear ya have that problem. Should be fixed tomorrow am, I have an appointement at 10:00
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Unfortunately, if I can't quite a noise myself, I don't mention it to the dealer. They either claim they can't hear it, or they say "we ripped apart your car and couldn't find the problem, sorry" or they say "yeah fixed it no prob" and it's still there. I hate my dealer. GRRRRR.......

2009 PONTIAC G8
Sub-Vibe-R

Post by Sub-Vibe-R »

If my dealer cannot hear the clutch "squick" and the hand brake "scratch", he is totally deaf.I'll come back tomorrow with the summary of my dealer appointement.
pmh013

Post by pmh013 »

My Vibe was really great, until about 3 months ago, when the transmission started acting up on the highway. Now, my problem lies with the dealership -- it took 3 months & a complaint to GM to get the part in that would fix my car, only the part didn't fix my car. It is now at the dealership (again -- 3rd time for this problem), probably with a disassembled tranny.My concern is warranty; I took the car in 3 months ago to get this problem fixed. The misdiagnosed the problem, sat on their a$$es waiting for this part (all the while I'm putting over 1000 km per week on the car). What if I damaged something by driving it for that long? Will Pontiac extend my warranty? (doubtful)I've had some dash rattles, but they seem to move around -- I attribute it to "settling in" and poorly maintained Saskatchewan highways.However, I must say that before I started having the problem it was awesome!!! My advise is if you have any problems, keep on your dealership to get them fixed without delay (hind sight is always 20/20).
2003 Satellite AWD Two Tone, traded off at 180,126 kmNow the (fourth) catalytic converter is someone else's problem Now driving a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan