How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe?

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
DarkCancerian

Post by DarkCancerian »

Anyone have ABS and StabiliTrak? They don't present any problems, right? I know the Vibe is relatively new, and that it takes a while to work out bugs, but I've always been told that the more complicated your options, the more risk you run of having some problems...
“My mind to me a kingdom is; such present joys therein I find that it excels all other bliss that earth affords or grows by kind."
esjones

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (baltimore17)

Post by esjones »

Quote, originally posted by baltimore17 »The conventional wisdom is to avoid a car built on a Monday or Friday, but mine was built on Friday, November 1.How do you know on what specific day your car was built?
- Earl Earl Jones, Sales and MarketingHorizon Systems LLChttp://www.horizonsystems.com/ Skype ID: esjonesMy Vibe: '03 Base, 5-speed, ABS, Alum. Wheels, Power Pkg, DVD Nav., Security, Neptune/Graphite
GKvibe

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (esjones)

Post by GKvibe »

11,000 miles in and no problems. I do have the paint chip thing going on. That is not just a Vibe problem. Bigger rocks than paint. Rocks are free and they have to pay for the paint. I have notice this going on all over autoland. Our gas stays at 31 or 32 in town and 40ish on the road, at 65. Automatic. Would buy it again in a minute. Looking forward to a long stay in Vibeworld.
G&K 2004 Vibe,hers Neptune ,MonchromeMoon and Tunes,Power group,alloys.ABS100K and counting, bought new, only totaled twice so far 2006 Tacoma Double Cab His1982 Honda Goldwing,His
dante

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (GKvibe)

Post by dante »

37000 miles on mine and only a few problems drivers door weather stripping keeps wearing out (think it is from me rubbing on it when i get into car) and door below shifter keeps opening when i drive (fixed after 2nd trip to dealer) and lots of paint chips on hood but I do drive 80 miles a day to work on 696 so expect that.
joatmon

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (dante)

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by dante »37000 miles on mine and only a few problems drivers door weather stripping keeps wearing out (think it is from me rubbing on it when i get into car) mine wore out and I had it replaced while under warranty at about 35K miles. I too thought it was my fault, but I now have 81K miles and the replaced weatherstrip isn't wearing at all, and I really do not think I am making any effort to try to not rub against it getting in and out of the car, so I am no longer sure it was my fault the first time.
Man of Steel

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (ragingfish)

Post by Man of Steel »

I only have 4,000 miles and no problems yet. A/C could stand to be a little cooler but I've yet to do the insulation mod and TSB adjustment. As for the paint, no chips yet but I have one of those massive front end covers from carbras.com. In my unqualified opinion, GM hasn't produced a good paint job in years so I know that was a given when I bought the car. Other than that I think the car is pretty well put together, rides and handles nice, and delivers good MPG. Time will be the ultimate test however.
05 AWD.
the_sarge

Post by the_sarge »

My car has had NO issues since I took delivery. I've bought 4 new BMWs in the past and I can't say the same about any of them..
ragingfish

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (the_sarge)

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by the_sarge »My car has had NO issues since I took delivery. I've bought 4 new BMWs in the past and I can't say the same about any of them..Nothing more satisfying then hearing a satisfied GM customer say his car was better then fricken BMW's...Makes ya feel all warm and fuzzy inside...
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
TheBri

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (kleptos)

Post by TheBri »

I feel you pain big time. I have had my 04 vibe GT for about 2 months now with over 10 000 KM on it. I 1st oil change I got they over filled the oil, the service tech talked on a cell phone the hole time driving my car and servicesing it, killed my floor mat. So I took it back, they half a*^ fixed the mat and over filled the oil again. Not speaking of the pour my the motor is running like and they say its fine to them. I am lucky to get 425 KM out of a tank of gas and mostly highway driving.Things That Have Gone Wrong- Both rear door seals- Motor knocking and running realy rought and vary pour gas mileage- Fog light cracked- Grinds going into reverse- Hard to shift- Ratles in the dash and A pilar- Navagation make a wired humming noise and flashes- Passangers side strut making noise- Rear bummper protector replaced twice- Dealer issues with the dealer coating packages not applyed properly- Dearler oversprayed paint onto my clear coat when fixing some minor area's- Motor has been hitting the rev. limiter at around 6400 RPM when red line is at 8200 RPMSo many things I am dealing with I have called head office twice now and still nothing realy unless I miss alot of work to take care of this stuff. I am going to get Toyota to look at the car a do a report on it so I can take it to GM and say look at this!I love the car but I wish I didn't have to deal with all these problem, there are more porblems with this car than my 20 year old used car.Does anyone know of any good Toyota and GM dealers that know these cars well in the Toronto GTA area??? or even srounding area's???Thank you all for any advice.
kep427

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (TheBri)

Post by kep427 »

"TheBri"You have an amazing collection of problems that I'm real sorry to hear about. I'd bet your car qualifies for our "lemon law" here in California. Do you have one of those?Glad to say I've had only one (very annoying-CEL light routinely coming on) problem that finally got resolved after about 4 trips to the dealer. Since then, the cars been great.
Happy owner of a '04 base Vibe
TheBri

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (kep427)

Post by TheBri »

I have been trying to find out about the Lenom law. If anyone knows about it in Onatrio Canada and could let me know and let me know what are the rules/qualifications, that would be awsome. But I realy don;t want to lose the car, I love it but hate the problems. Mostly the motor problems, I am trying for a new motor but that mostly likely won't happen. Joing this groupe of Vibe owners is awsome and has helped me out great.Thank you all for the great advice.
TheBri

How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe?

Post by TheBri »

Well I took it back to the dealer the other day and they have had it since. Hope they know what they are doing with it. Seems the GM dealers realy don't know they motor/car to well. I am going ot take it also to a Toyota dealer to get them to inspect it / look it over because I think they would have a better understanding of this car (since they make it) I will keep you all posted on the out come.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

Quote, originally posted by TheBri »I have been trying to find out about the Lenom law.I can't speak to Canadian law, but most lemon laws are only applicable if the car is repaired multiple times for the same problem. It rarely will kick in if you've had multiple problems.
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by ragingfish »I can't speak to Canadian law, but most lemon laws are only applicable if the car is repaired multiple times for the same problem. It rarely will kick in if you've had multiple problems. True... You generally have x amount of unsuccessful repair attempts, or x amount of days in which the vehicle was out of service for one particular problem.As has been my experience, they don't give a rat's (removed) if you've had every part replaced on that clunker once already. When you go to arbitration as part of the lemon law proceedings, you can only talk about that ONE single problem. Anthing else unrelated would have to be filed on separate claims, provided that you've had to have the stupid car in the shop x times for THAT particular problem. And of course, once you go to arbitration, and a decision has been made, you can't fight with them over that problem again. If you can avoid the lemon law crap, I highly recommend it. The whole process blows! It's not as simple as "Hey GM, this thing sucks, you take it back!" Ooooh nooo.My car is a piece of crap, but I'm actually glad I didn't have it fall apart while I was still eligible for the lemon law period, GM ate me alive the last time, and they'd do it again in a heartbeat. The average joe can't win, so I guess by my car switching into self destruct mode later in life, this is a good thing since I don't have to go through this lemon law crap again. If you know how to deal with 'em, it may be different, I did not, however, regardless of the amount of research I tried to put into the case. They were too good.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
binary

Post by binary »

I don't want to pick apart your list, but I wanted to comment on a couple. You have a lot of valid issues, but you may want to know:- Fog light cracked - they won't touch it, road hazards.- Grinds going into reverse - reverse isn't synced, so it doesn't go into reverse as smoothly as you'd go from 1st to 2nd.- Motor has been hitting the rev. limiter at around 6400 RPM when red line is at 8200 RPM - for GT's this is build into the ECU - the rev limiter will go to 8200rpm when the engine warms up. If after your engine is warm, and it still doesn't get past 6400 - then you have issues.All others - give them hell about it.
TheBri

Bad Luck With Dealer

Post by TheBri »

Well most of the issues are dealer inflicked and they keep on messing it up for me everytime. But I also have no choice other than to return to the same dealer because it is poor workmanship and GM head office said that they are the ones that have to fix the problems that they created. So in short this is the 4th time its been there and I am about to pick it up tonight to see what they did to it. last time the scratched they hell out of my paint and did not re-apply the symboles on the hatch back on. You would think after years of working on car that they would know how to do it. I will question GM service techs ablity to service sush car that are made by other car manufactures, in this case Toyota! So many issues with GM, overfilling the oil 3 time now and putting the wrong gas in it twice, the list hasn't stopped and on top of that the Service Manager got realy rude with me on the phone because I was calling head office about the issues I was having. But after they are done fixing the workmanship issues they are never going to see the car agian hopefully, I am going to try my luck at another dealer ship.
redvibe05

Post by redvibe05 »

Good Luck ! That is why I do my own oil changes, I know I did it right and did it without spilling it all over the engine. In Buffalo, NY I cannot think of any good dealerships to work on your car .
TheBri

Post by TheBri »

Ya I am in Toronto so that far but thank you for the though. I would do my own oil changes also but its under warrenty so they said get it done by the dealer just in case something happends to the motor, whitch something is up with it for sure. All of the time I do everything my self, on all past cars. And now I think I am going to start.
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

if its under warranty, are oil changes free or do you have to pay for them?
ZubenElGenubi

Re: (northvibe)

Post by ZubenElGenubi »

Quote, originally posted by northvibe »if its under warranty, are oil changes free or do you have to pay for them?You have to pay for them...one way or another.
redvibe05

Post by redvibe05 »

I just keep the receipts and record what I did in the maintance part of the owners manual. I write down what kind of oil, how much oil, and filter I used. Never had a problem in the past with dealers acusing me of never changing the oil, and on my Grand Prix has been in the dealer many times for engine issues. They always seemed satisified with my records.
TheBri

Post by TheBri »

Ya I have to pay for them $40.00 Canandian which suchs plus tax on that. I found out Honda dealers charge $30.00 and they wash your car for you. GM service has gone down the tubes for years tho.I want to do it all my self like I normaly do but I am having problems with the motor so to save my own a*s I am going to get them to do it untill it all gets sorted out.
21Rouge

Post by 21Rouge »

My 05 base 5 speed Vibe just went over 15k km or 9k miles (6 months). In that time I have had replaced a leaking axle seal and have on order a new cat. converter. Of course both are warranty items. For our family long term reliability is critical as we keep our cars at least 10 years.
VibeoFive

Post by VibeoFive »

I am at 4,000 miles now, and brought back to the dealer just once to have alignment redone under warranty. Marked the tie rods before hand and rechecked when I got it home: no changes were made and steering wheel still off center. I like my Pontiac dealer but it looks like they just parked it in their lot and charged GM for the labor. I can't trust the service department anymore after that. Good thing I have no other issues. Great car! Fit and finish are above normal!
AppleBoy69

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (Salsa!)

Post by AppleBoy69 »

If you hatch is rattling try taking out the bag of crap under the cover! The tie downs were my problem so i took the bag of parts out and put in my glove box and it was fine after that.
DiveNut

Post by DiveNut »

Other than the premature wear on my original conti tires..I have had ZERO problems.... lovin it!
Bare Bones Base, Abyss 2004 Vibe, Debadged, Auto, ABS, GM Performance Supercharger, Injen CAI, 2.3" URD Pulley, Unichip,Tru-Cool Tranny Cooler SOLD

1972 Plymouth Duster 340 (Strip/Street Project)
1badvibe

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (DiveNut)

Post by 1badvibe »

i would have to agree the original tires are less than desireable, but other than having to get a new set of sneakers at 31k miles, everything has been good, i did hear complaints about road noise( here on genvibe) so i put added insulation in before i got mine back on the road.
2004 FOR SALE jgtmcn@msn.com
4azdmunky

Post by 4azdmunky »

Overall I like the vibe, my only concerns are with the GM parts, not the Toyota parts. because I have only had problems with the GM parts.ironic huh?
C4242

Re: How do you feel about the quality of your Vibe? (4azdmunky)

Post by C4242 »

I'm pretty happy with my Vibe, except for the majorly crappy paint job with all its glorious chips & scratches!
vibebob

Post by vibebob »

one year and 7,000 miles (yeah, I'm driving the heck out of it) ... no problems .. other than the afore mentioned paint job umm or lack there of
no longer a vibe owner"Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding." Albert Einstein.
Mavrik

Re: (vibebob)

Post by Mavrik »

36400KM on my 2004 and flawless to this point. Its performing for me like I would expect a car of its value to. I'm very pleased.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
pmh013

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by pmh013 »

O/T - Mavrik, how on earth do you have so few kilometers on your car? You should've swapped me on your way by ... I'd help you along on the odometer reading. I might even drive up to Alaska to swap back (especially in the GT!).I guess driving 60,000 km per year for the first 2 years was what did it for me, eh?
2003 Satellite AWD Two Tone, traded off at 180,126 kmNow the (fourth) catalytic converter is someone else's problem Now driving a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan