Do you feel your Vibe's A/C is deficient?

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
cptnsolo77

Re: Do you feel your Vibe's A/C is deficient?

Post by cptnsolo77 »

Has anyone tried hosing off the condenser ? I replaced my radiator not too long ago and had full access to the condenser and hosed it off. It has lots of bugs stuck in between the fins. You can still hose it out from the front. I noticed a difference in cooling after the cleaning. Just a thought.
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on
Vikingjedi

Re: Do you feel your Vibe's A/C is deficient? (kharman)

Post by Vikingjedi »

ColonelPanic wrote: Tue May 31, 2005 9:01 am Maybe there is something up with my car, as it's never been able to cope with even 80-something degrees with high humidity. Nothing really would surprise me at this point. Or maybe I'm just asking for more than this thing is capable of delivering, even if it is in perfect, working order.
Did you press the AC button? I didn't when I first got my vibe. Thought it would be automatic when you turn on the air. Nope. You have to press the AC button too.
SeANMcBAY

Post by SeANMcBAY »

It’s not the best but it does the job well enough here for me in the Central Valley where it’s a dry 100 pretty much every day in the middle of summer.
steveassault

Post by steveassault »

My compressor exploded recently. Had to get new compressor and drier. I hoped w a new compressor and full AC service it would work a little better. Nope. Still
works just "ok". Like a lot of ppl have said if you want freezing AC this is not the car for you.