Blower fan noise

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Will1979

Blower fan noise

Postby Will1979 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:28 am

There is noise coming from my blower fan. I cleaned the cabin air filter and tried to vacuum in there, but I still have a noise. Also, I noticed a wire that was disconnected. I plugged it back in and the vent above the blow started to continuously close. Any suggestions? Thanks!

vibrologist

Re: Blower fan noise

Postby vibrologist » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:34 am

What is the noise? Tuck-tuck -tuck....?
If it is clicking like that you need a new recirculation actuator. I did this just a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjEVPCi5JVU
Vibrologist
'05 Vibe

"It is important to know the difference between 'accurate' and 'precise' even if you are neither!"

http://forums.genvibe.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=43476

Will1979

Postby Will1979 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:55 am

Thank you!

vfour

Postby vfour » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Sometimes you get leaves and other debris that ends up in the blower assembly. You need to take it out and clean it or check that the blower isn't cracked.

If you check YouTube there are lots of videos that explain how to do this. Pretty easy.

zbyers

Postby zbyers » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:11 am

vibrologist wrote:What is the noise? Tuck-tuck -tuck....?
If it is clicking like that you need a new recirculation actuator. I did this just a few weeks ago.

Does it go away or come back when you engage or disengage the circulation button? If so, Vibrologist is spot on.

Otherwise, it could simply be debris in the blower motor. If you haven't changed the cabin air filter in a while, now is as good of a time as any to do so while checking on the motor.
Ruby- 03 Salsa, Ray[is]AWD- 04 Salsa AWD, Simon- 03 Silver "Faux by Four"
Raven- 03 Abyss GT, Neptune- 05 AWD, Robyn- 07 Stealth Gray Metallic, Mystic- 09 AWD

GenVibe on Facebook, Everything You Need To Know About Vibes, Great How-To Index

Return to “Problems & Warranty Issues”