2009 Vibe AWD rattling at around 2000 RPM...

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
Gohan77

2009 Vibe AWD rattling at around 2000 RPM...

Post by Gohan77 »

I have a 2009 AWD Vibe (77,500 miles) and has been a great car. But Since I have owned it I have noticed a slight rattling noise at or around 2000 RPM, especially going up a hill. Almost like it doesn't know what gear it wants to be in. So in order for me to stop the noise I either have to slow down or speed up so it shifts. Anyone experiencing this issue?
jolt

Re: 2009 Vibe AWD rattling at around 2000 RPM...

Post by jolt »

Engine rpm sensitive rattling noise from car and I think of exhaust shields. Check your exhaust system and the heat shields under your car. You can try to bend the heat shields and see if that will stiffen them up and keep them from vibrating. Your not giving much info here so that is what comes to mind with the info you gave.
Gohan77

Post by Gohan77 »

jolt wrote:Engine rpm sensitive rattling noise from car and I think of exhaust shields. Check your exhaust system and the heat shields under your car. You can try to bend the heat shields and see if that will stiffen them up and keep them from vibrating. Your not giving much info here so that is what comes to mind with the info you gave.

I have removed the rear exhaust heat shield already due to rattling. This time its coming from the front of the car
Gohan77

Post by Gohan77 »

I have given all the info i have. I am not a mechanic and cannot diagnose more complicated things based just on a noise at a certain rpm. It seems to happen on slightly lower rpm when i have another person in the car. Around 1500 to 1750 rpm. If that helps