KEY FOB? which one??????

Discuss any problems, warranty, repair, or replacement issues you are having with your Vibe & Matrix
mango02

KEY FOB? which one??????

Post by mango02 »

Just bought a 2005 VIBE runs good looks ok. I have one problem need to buy a KEY FOB not sure if it's factory installed or dealer installed is there a way to find out? Would like to buy FOB from EBAY...
Salsa Guy

Re: KEY FOB? which one??????

Post by Salsa Guy »

Have the GM dealership run the VIN and they can tell you if you have it. If you have power locks then more than likely you do. In regards to what flavor Key FOB, I've had issues with some off e-gay, unless they are OEM. Also check for Toyota Matrix Key Fobs. The ones we have work for both 03 Vibe and 05 Matrix.
Try this

https://ikeyless.com/vehicles/Pontiac/V ... aQodq0kAdg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

There are a couple of ways to tell.

If it has power windows, it was probably a factory install. A factory install will also have a hatch glass open switch in the dash, between the steering wheel and the driver door.
Look at the sticker inside the glove box, it will have a bunch of three character codes that indicate what equipment the car had when it left the factory. Look for
AU0 - Remote Entry Lock Control
AU3 - Electric Door Locks
If you see those, then it came from the factory that way.

You should be able to get a fob for a vibe or a matrix, probably others. My 03 Vibe uses a key fob with FCC ID G043VT14T. The matrix fobs will also have a panic button the back, Vibe fobs don't , but the panic button will work on Vibes. The fob I bought off ebay had the panic button, and after setting it off accidentally a few times, I modified the fob to disable the panic button
mango02

Post by mango02 »

JOATMAN thanks it does have the AOU and AU3 on the sticker. Ordered a FOB from EBAY. Thanks again JOATMAN.
trb

Post by trb »

Great! Next you get to do the programming dance so the car will recognize your new fob in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=1102" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; See the 6th post. Hopefully you can get it on the first try. It took me a couple of tries before I got it right. Good luck!
Thomas
the "Mustang Guy"
1987 5.0 LX Mustang
2016 Mustang GT - current daily
2004 Satellite Vibe &
2009 Red Vibe GT -twin's cars
2003 Neptune Vibe GT - prior daily
2010 Red Vibe GT - RIP 6/16/14
2006 Platinum Vibe - son's car