Regional Forums currently being restructured!

The latest news and announcements from the staff at GenVibe
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Regional Forums currently being restructured!

Post by NSimkins »

You may or may not have noticed the regional forums are now being restructured. Some areas have been removed already and will be integrated into their respective "group" soon. Posts contained within these forums were not deleted and will be restored to their appropriate location once finished. Moderators (new Moderators may also be issued in addition to the existing) of their respective forums will remain in the new organization.Please contact me with any questions or concerns.
rasermon

Re: Regional Forums currently being restructured! (NSimkins)

Post by rasermon »

Much better Nick. Loads faster and will save the wear and tear on my scrolling mouse.
Satellite 03 GT Retirement ----> Moderator for Genvibe.com 2002 - 2007 A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says (removed)
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Basic structure is done - posts being moved back to their appropriate location.Feedback/comments??
cibomatto

Post by cibomatto »

AWSOME...one of the best changes done to genvibe yet...It was a great idea to consolidate some of the forums... didn't make sense to have 50..Good job.,..
Salsa (2-tone) Base Automatic Vibe with Moontune package
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Sorry for flooding the "Active Topics" page too.. -- tried to manually move as few posts as possible. I'm done. Open to suggestions or comments.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Looks Great!!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

hey you forgot about making the "overseas" group for me. i want a home too! i dont go till january, but id still like to be the moderator. thanks things look much beter this way
My myspace.com profile My 73' Bronco Cardomain page
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Regional Forums currently being restructured! (meathead333)

Post by NSimkins »

I did forget, but it's done. It's called "World - Other".
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

thanks! but....i also need my status on my avatar changed too. thanks alot nick!
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Regional Forums currently being restructured! (meathead333)

Post by NSimkins »

quote:thanks! but....i also need my status on my avatar changed too. thanks alot nick!I'm working on that.. I plan on having all the Moderators in their appropriate area and titles changed by Monday.
meathead333

Post by meathead333 »

that works for me, thanks
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

wow! that's fast work nick!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Kari

Post by Kari »

*raises hand* One question about the regionizing...since when is TN close to Kansas? IMHO, TN and KY would be more at home with the Southeast region... To be fair to west TN, it might be better to sector TN into east TN and west TN and put east with southeast and west with south central. Just an idea.
GenVibe Global Moderator
shenandoah24

Re: Regional Forums currently being restructured! (Kari)

Post by shenandoah24 »

What about Middle Tennessee????? But I do agree with Kari. I think we fit in better with the Southeast sector. But that;s just another opinion. you know everbody has an opinion...
Heather Proud vibe owner I'M DRIVING IT 'TIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF! IT HAS SURVIVED ABUSE FROM A DUCK......A COYOTE...AN ARMADILLO...A HUGE DEER (NONE OF THEM WERE PETS EITHER ) ...AND A DAUGHTER....WHAT A CAR! 106K AND STILL GOING STRONG!!!!
Kari

Re: Regional Forums currently being restructured! (shenandoah24)

Post by Kari »

You can come with us then. East and Middle TN.
GenVibe Global Moderator
Geo

Re: Regional Forums currently being restructured! (Kari)

Post by Geo »

Hey Hey hey! I like how it looks, Nick!I just have to ask whether or not this is going to restructure how the Moderator titles are handled.Any changes?
BADGER PRIDE
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: Regional Forums currently being restructured!

Post by NSimkins »

Moved KY and TN to the "US - Southeast" forum along with corresponding posts.quote:I just have to ask whether or not this is going to restructure how the Moderator titles are handled.Any changes?I'm still trying to figure out how I want to do that. I'll have to correct my initial post and say that most former regional forum moderators will remain - details to come.
Kari

Post by Kari »

Thanks for moving KY and TN...I appreciate it.
GenVibe Global Moderator
jonathonbarton

Post by jonathonbarton »

Necropost from hell...Speaking as a Coloradan, our "region" should properly be the "Mountain Region" - Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah.Trust me when I say that I shudder to share a region with California...which is big enough to actually be it's own region - I mean, there are more that *twice* the people in California than in the rest of the Southwest Region states *combined*.California: 35,484,453Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico *Combined*: 16,598,734Add in Wyoming and Montana to the "Southwest/Mountain" Region, and you get 18,017,597...Comparable-ish to Ohio and Michigan and Florida... How 'bout it? (I'll even volunteer to "drum up business" as it were... *grin*)
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: (jonathonbarton)

Post by NSimkins »

We used to have one forum for each state, and to say the least, there was alot of scrolling going on. We orgnanized them this way primarily due to general location and overall activity. There may be twice the amount of people in CA than in the entire other Southwest Region but those people aren't actually here. We have no immediate plan to reorganize those forums unless site activity shows necessary. Thanks for the suggestion. We'll keep an eye on it.