New Server, New Datacenter

The latest news and announcements from the staff at GenVibe
mkowdley
Site Admin

New Server, New Datacenter

Post by mkowdley »

Hello all,GenVibe.Com moved to a new datacenter today (10/29/2011). Some of the files are still updating so you may notice some issues with the services. If you notice anything after today (starting on 10/30/2011), please post here so that I may review. Thanks!Mike K.
joatmon

Re: New Server, New Datacenter (mkowdley)

Post by joatmon »

A quick test and the only thing I could find is that the Gallery is 403edit - I thought today was the 30th, sorry to jump the gun.But while I'm at it, server time seems to be off, maybe 7 hours fast
millster

Post by millster »

Thanks for the notice and thanks for keeping us running!
-Millster-
2006 Toyota Matrix XR
1995 Saab 9000CSE 2.3T
1986 Jaguar XJ6 Vanden Plas (GM Drivetrain Conversion)
2007 Outback XT EJ257 2.6L Build
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

The Registry is also 403. More specifically, a 500 when trying to log-in: "Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request...."
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

Okay, gallery is back up. I will look at the registry and timezone later today. I also found a problem with the hardware that is going to require a little more downtime this afternoon, but the wife says it's time for brunch, not work. Thanks everybody for your patience!
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: New Server, New Datacenter (joatmon)

Post by mkowdley »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »edit - I thought today was the 30th, sorry to jump the gun.But while I'm at it, server time seems to be off, maybe 7 hours fast yeah, looks like it thinks it's in GMT
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »But while I'm at it, server time seems to be off, maybe 7 hours fastYep. It's currently showing that I made this post at 6:35 PM on October 30. It's currently 11:35 AM on October 30 here in Chicagoland .
2009 Liquid Platinum Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
2009 Steel Blue Metallic Vibe GT - 5-Speed Auto – Garage
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: New Server, New Datacenter (06pvibe)

Post by mkowdley »

Quote, originally posted by 06pvibe »The Registry is also 403. More specifically, a 500 when trying to log-in: "Internal Server ErrorThe server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request...." I updated the configuration and it seems to be working correctly now. If there's any other registry issues, please post about them and I'll take a look.Gallery should be working properly too.Okay, only remaining issue that I know of is the timezone problem; if you notice anything else then post.Thanks all for your patience!Quote, originally posted by millster »Thanks for the notice and thanks for keeping us running! Let's be honest, it's the moderators and our members that really keep this site going. My thanks to you all!
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

New gallery is skinned.Date on new posts is fixed. Date on posts made today (10/30) will remain 8 hours ahead.Any other issues, post here or email me. mkowdley (at) genvibe (.) com
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

I upgraded the gallery software from 1.5 to 2.3.1. It hasn't been skinned yet but it should be fully operational otherwise. The old software wasn't compatible with the new OS on the new server.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Thanks Mike!!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

Yea, we are missing a donate tab.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
Salsa Guy

Post by Salsa Guy »

So they can take our money and run like 9th Gen??? Only joking Genvibe gods! Thanks for this great site and the people on here!
05 Matrix XR 4WD and 03 Vibe GT
"If you want Government to solve your problems, then you are the problem!" BMSR
Trix MODS: SRI w/ AEM filter, Vibrant/Magnaflow Cat-back, Alutec Lightweight Crank Pulley
GT MODS: Cosmo SRI, DRL, Auto Stop
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: New Server, New Datacenter (keithvibe)

Post by mkowdley »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »Yea, we are missing a donate tab. if you'd like to donate, buy a t-shirt! then everybody gets something. although, the store is offline right now ; i haven't gotten that back and running after the move. that problem should be solved this weekend. separately, i think that people are having trouble receiving emails from the site which might be affecting user registrations. this is on a mail-provider basis and probably has something to do with reverse lookups not working properly. i'll investigate this wednesday evening.
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

Quote, originally posted by mkowdley » separately, i think that people are having trouble receiving emails from the site which might be affecting user registrations. this is on a mail-provider basis and probably has something to do with reverse lookups not working properly. i'll investigate this wednesday evening. Okay, nevermind it was just a form I had to fill out; email should be working properly in 2-3 days once the reverse DNS is setup and it propagates.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Mike, Please have a look at this thread, if you haven't already and let us know what you think:http://forums.genvibe.com/zero...46545
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: New Server, New Datacenter (06pvibe)

Post by mkowdley »

Thanks for bringing this thread to my attention. I don't normally visit the forums very often but I saw this post since I am subscribed to this thread. You can also always email me if there is a website problem at mkowdley@genvibe.com.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

No problem, Mike. Thanks for the reply.I'm only sorry I didn't think to look for a thread like this one sooner. DUH!!
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

Quote, originally posted by mkowdley » if you'd like to donate, buy a t-shirt! then everybody gets something. although, the store is offline right now ; i haven't gotten that back and running after the move. that problem should be solved this weekend. fyi, GVC GEAR still says "Sorry, GVC Gear isn't currently available."(reference http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=45842 )
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

mmm, cool, now i have my project for this afternoon
vibenvy

Post by vibenvy »

When I make a post, the time of the post is showing up as 2 hours ahead of when I actually posted .
star_deceiver

Re: New Server, New Datacenter (J_TO_ENVY)

Post by star_deceiver »

Saw this too... I changed my time zone to compensate until it's fixed.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

thanks all, i will check it out. the time on the server was changed from PT to CT so i have to figure out how to get the forum software to compensate
vibenvy

Re: (mkowdley)

Post by vibenvy »

Quote, originally posted by star_deceiver »Saw this too... I changed my time zone to compensate until it's fixed.Good thinking Ryan ! I may have to do the same thing. It's not a big deal, it just bothers me when I post at 6:15 PM central time and it shows up as 8:15 PM central time !Quote, originally posted by mkowdley »thanks all, i will check it out. the time on the server was changed from PT to CT so i have to figure out how to get the forum software to compensateThanks Mike !