Registry Updates

The latest news and announcements from the staff at GenVibe
mkowdley
Site Admin

Registry Updates

Post by mkowdley »

Hello all, The GenVibe.Com Registry http://www.genvibe.com/cgi/registry/registry.cgi has been updated to use the same login as your forum account.If you don't have a forum account already, you will need to create one before you can update your registry again.When logging into the registry, use your forum username and password. The first time through, you will get an extra form that allows you to link your forum account and registry account by entering in your forum username, forum password, old registry username, and old registry password. After you've done this, you can access your registry using your forum username and password, and you will not need your old registry username or password any more. Also, a link to your registry will be shown under your name in any posts you make on the forums.If you have any problems with the linking process, post them here and I'll try to assist.
BlueCrush

Re: Registry Updates (mkowdley)

Post by BlueCrush »

After linking my old registry to my forum account sucessfully, I get a 404 Not Fount Error:Quote »NOT FOUNDThe requested URL /cgi/registrydev/details.cgi was not found on this server.Apache-AdvancedExtranetServer/2.0.53 (Mandriva Linux/PREFORK-9.2.102mdk) PHP/4.3.10 mod_jk/1.2.6 Server at http://www.genvibe.com Port 80
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: Registry Updates (BlueCrush)

Post by mkowdley »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »After linking my old registry to my forum account sucessfully, I get a 404 Not Fount Error: Okay, this is fixed. You may need to clear your browser cache (the reload button is sufficient for Firefox, but maybe not IE) to load the patched javascript and see the correct result.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Yup, it works now. Thanks!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

I am unable to add a photo to the registry home page and get this error when I click on it: The requested URL /cgi/registry/photoinstruct.htm was not found on this server.Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at forums.genvibe.com Port 80Thanks!
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »I am unable to add a photo to the registry home page and get this error when I click on it: The requested URL /cgi/registry/photoinstruct.htm was not found on this server.Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at forums.genvibe.com Port 80Thanks!Got it figured out. You need to add a photo in the Registry Update.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

I set mine up the other day but didn't see it show up yet in my profile section yet. I'll follow the info here and see if that helps clear up the issue.Edit:nope can't get it to show up overI've cleared my history, my forum cookies, ect. Is there something I'm missing to keep it from showing up over
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
BlueCrush

Re: Registry Updates (keithvibe)

Post by BlueCrush »

I saw it missing on a few members posts.
My Fleet:
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
mkowdley
Site Admin

Post by mkowdley »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »Got it figured out. You need to add a photo in the Registry Update. Thanks, I will fix the link.
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: Registry Updates (keithvibe)

Post by mkowdley »

Quote, originally posted by keithvibe »Edit:nope can't get it to show up Okay, I fixed it. There was a bug when creating your registry that didn't link it properly to your forum account. I fixed the bug and manually linked the two. New users won't have any problem (hopefully), but users who recently created registries may also need to have the accounts manually linked by me. Let me know in a forum PM if you need this.
keithvibe

Post by keithvibe »

ty.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

Quote, originally posted by mkowdley » Okay, I fixed it. There was a bug when creating your registry that didn't link it properly to your forum account. I fixed the bug and manually linked the two. New users won't have any problem (hopefully), but users who recently created registries may also need to have the accounts manually linked by me. Let me know in a forum PM if you need this.It must have worked because I had no problem registering our Vibe or installing a picture link. However, it does seem that we are not allowed to buy our cars in December? FYI: I had to say that we got ours in January, because of no December option on the drop-down.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
AdmRose

Post by AdmRose »

Whenever I try to update my registry information it gives me an error message that all photo URL's must begin with http:// even though I didn't type anything into the box. As a result it won't let me update it.
2004 AWD Vibe - "The Indignant"- Traded in 7/9/12
2010 Honda Insight EX - Current ride
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: (AdmRose)

Post by mkowdley »

AdmRose - is this still an issue?
AdmRose

Re: (mkowdley)

Post by AdmRose »

Quote, originally posted by mkowdley »AdmRose - is this still an issue?No all I had to do is upload a picture and the update work, but if I had chosen not to do so then it still would have been an issue. Basically it won't let you update without a picture URL.
2004 AWD Vibe - "The Indignant"- Traded in 7/9/12
2010 Honda Insight EX - Current ride