Site Downtime

The latest news and announcements from the staff at GenVibe
mkowdley
Site Admin

Site Downtime

Post by mkowdley »

Hi everyone.It's very likely that the site will be down for a few days starting this afternoon. The forums are still hosted at the former owner's datacenter, and I was notified just now that their servers are being shut off this afternoon.I'm flying down to California tonight to install the new hardware at the new datacenter, and then the tricky process of getting the forums moved over will begin. "Tricky" because the software is unsupported, and no upgrades or documentation is available. Good times The WWW site will stay up since it's hosted at a different location that isn't being shut off, and I'll post updates there as frequently as I can.Mike K.
joatmon

Re: Site Downtime (mkowdley)

Post by joatmon »

Thanks for the heads up Mike, just the kind of thing why I nominated you as MotM this month http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=36604I doubt if there's anything we can do to help, but if there is then let us know, and thanks
BlueCrush

Re: Site Downtime (mkowdley)

Post by BlueCrush »

Thanks for the notice! Good Luck, Mike!For people who don't know there is an ongoing "While the GenVibe Forum is down" thread from previous GenVibe outages over on MatrixOwners ( http://matrixowners.com/?showtopic=63808 ) that you can check up on to see whats going on. Nick has provided us with updates over there in the past.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
mkowdley
Site Admin

Re: Site Downtime (BlueCrush)

Post by mkowdley »

I'm going to have to lock the forums now so that I can start backing up the data before the servers go offline. See you all on the other side.Mike K.