GenVibe Winter Spruce-up

The latest news and announcements from the staff at GenVibe
NSimkins
Global Moderator

GenVibe Winter Spruce-up

Post by NSimkins »

Hmmm.. sprucing-up... saved mostly for Spring, but why wait?! This coming winter, we plan to perform some updates to the GenVibe.Com site. This includes adding and updating areas that are in much need (ie. the MODS and GUIDE area).We would like to get your feedback and suggestions for areas to add or improve upon. Below, I'll list some ideas or updates we already have planned or are working with...* Update and tweak the Vibe GUIDE area - add 2004/2005 model years worth of information* Update and tweak the Vibe MODS area - add the latest and all known modifications for the Vibe - all centralized* Slight website design update, primarily the main logo (details later)* Possibly implement a more permanent Chat Room (other than the one we're testing for fun - linked on the front page of genvibe.com)* Offering additional GenVibe.com-branded merchandise (details later)* Updating the NEWS area* Creating a "Welcome Area" for new members to refer to with common forum postings and other useful information* Organize tech-info and how-to forum posts into one area as well as incorporate into MODS area.... and those are just the beginning. Fire away with your comments, suggestions, and feedback.-Nick
nismo

Re: GenVibe Winter Spruce-up (NSimkins)

Post by nismo »

I think that we should have more schemes besides this. kind of make it different user to their preferences.Inder
2008 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbo - Fun stuff under there somewhere 1998 Nissan Sentra - Sold2004 Pontiac Vibe - 107k and SoldCosmo CAI
kostby

Post by kostby »

NickI've been welcoming new members to 'The Encyclopedia of Vibe' for some time now. I certainly don't claim any rights to it. If you want to use it, it COULD be a catchy slogan for Genvibe in general, or at least the 'New Member' forum.I honestly don't see how you can improve GenVibe much! It's already terrific!

My 2003 Vibe Base Auto 2-tone Salsa "SalsaWagon" was built in May 2002. I acquired it in Feb 2004/Traded it in on a 2016 Honda HR-V in Feb 2018.
steves76

Post by steves76 »

Yes Yes and Yes. More in the mod section IE what springs, wheels,intakes etc. and where to find. deffinetly more merchandise coffee mugs, key chains ,hats more tee's, tank tops anything with the logo. Just my 2 cents...
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

I vote more in the Mods, where they can be found, and Gen-Vibe merchandise would be cool. Links to sites and availability lists would be cool for the Mods department.
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
bud_one

Post by bud_one »

A new section for just videos would be nice......
Atomb

Re: GenVibe Winter Spruce-up (kostby)

Post by Atomb »

Quote, originally posted by kostby »NickI've been welcoming new members to 'The Encyclopedia of Vibe' for some time now. I certainly don't claim any rights to it. If you want to use it, it COULD be a catchy slogan for Genvibe in general, or at least the 'New Member' forum.I honestly don't see how you can improve GenVibe much! It's already terrific!sort of a "Vibelopedia" if you will?
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
JohnC

Post by JohnC »

How about a Group Buy section, where we can purchase parts at a discounted price from a site sponsor.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, & Pwr Pkg....my current commuting car.
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Keep the suggestions coming! We're hoping to begin implementation beginning in the new year.

Attached files
Sputnik

Re: GenVibe Winter Spruce-up (joatmon)

Post by Sputnik »

Ugh! Thanks for reminding me I've spent almost 3 years of my life at Genvibe! I hadn't thought of it until you posted that! Where does the time go, I ask??
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »As genvibe ramps up to it's third anniversary 4/1/2005, pehaps the story about the second birthday doesn't rate a front page headline anymore haha, I just caught this one, joat... I agree with you there, unfortunately anything major about the Vibe is far and few between ever since the beginning. I'd like to try to develop other areas of the site to grow inbetween major articles (like the Gallery, VOTM, GVC Gear, Vibe Guide, etc.)... all these are in progress though.I am working with CafePress (previous suggestion) currently to build up our GenVibe.Com store with many more goodies!
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

Depending on the space you have availible to you on your server, I would like to see an expanded area for photos, maybe not just a members ride section, maybe include options, and add-ons too? Especially aftermarket stuff, since GM and Toyota have done a nice job with their online accessories catologs, as has Mats.com.
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Just out of curiosity, whatever happened with the updates and the new gear and all that?
Jason Damron, San Diego, CA, Supercharged 2004 Vibe base - Gone to the wind My Vibe pics on Cardomain2009 Chevrolet HHR SS!
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: GenVibe Winter Spruce-up (damronjr)

Post by NSimkins »

Still in progress, it's slow going sometimes. I just moved so I've been busy keeping up on that, but it's moving, just at a slower pace. Trust me, once we have it running, you will all like it!
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Just checking!
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: GenVibe Winter Spruce-up (damronjr)

Post by NSimkins »

OK - sneak preview time! Note, this is just to check out and view, please don't purchase anything from the CafePress store at this time until I can assure our logo image and the products are at the proper quality.http://www.cafepress.com/genvibeWe'll offer many more products than what is listed, they are just for demonstration right now. I welcome comments and feedback.Once we're set, we'll actually have the site integrated into the rest of GenVibe.Com for a more seamless look.
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

I like the messenager bag But where are the beanies??
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

Kari

Post by Kari »

Looks good..I really like the women's ringer tee, that's cute.Would there be any way to get a slightly smaller version of the T-shirt contest winning logo onto something like that ringer tee? Or something with the car on it? That would be cool too.
GenVibe Global Moderator
damronjr

Post by damronjr »

Looks good, but I think the hat would have looked better stitched instead of the patch sewn on. Just my $0.02. Also with the above msg, what happened to the beanies?
drunkenmaxx

Re: GenVibe Winter Spruce-up (Kari)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

Quote, originally posted by Kari »Looks good..I really like the women's ringer tee, that's cute.not to mention, the dummie wearing it has a great rack!
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
PhillyVibeGT

Re: GenVibe Winter Spruce-up (drunkenvibe)

Post by PhillyVibeGT »

Quote, originally posted by drunkenvibe »not to mention, the dummie wearing it has a great rack! How about a hoodie, or did I miss seeing that?
04 GT Satellite Monotone17'' Fittipaldi Fins on Falkin Azenis ST115'sMoon and Tunes/Sirius Satallite RadioInjen CAI/Magnaflow Cat-back Exhaust GM Top Spoiler/Debaged SilverStar Fogs "I wasn’t born rich, I’m good looking instead"
Kari

Re: GenVibe Winter Spruce-up (PhillyVibeGT)

Post by Kari »

I'd love a hoodie as well. I didn't see one on there though.
GenVibe Global Moderator
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Re: GenVibe Winter Spruce-up (PhillyVibeGT)

Post by NSimkins »

Quote, originally posted by PhillyVibeGT » How about a hoodie, or did I miss seeing that?I added 2 hoodie variations. Remember, this is just a test logo and design - plus once we finalize the logos and products, I'll upgrade our store to a Premier account which also gives us a ton more products to sell. Stay tuned!
tnpartsguy

Post by tnpartsguy »

Quote, originally posted by joatmon »Nick, I hope you are going to be busy tonight implementing the "winter spruce up" because tomorrow is the first day of spring it is just me, or do the car's in the header look freshly washed and detailed??
Current Ride 2015 GMC Terrain SLT
2nd Vibe 2006 Vibe AWD Stealth Monotone "Recon" December 2005 MOTM
Original Vibe: 2003 AWD Abyss Monotone "Darth"
GM/ASE Certified Parts Manager.
scherry2

Re: GenVibe Winter Spruce-up (tnpartsguy)

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by tnpartsguy »the car's in the header look freshly washed and detailedI guess he has been busy. LoL
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

i have an idea for a gen vibe hat but i have to figure out how to switch it to the right format anyone help me???plus is there anyway to make the hoodie available in black?? maybe with red writing im not much of a white wearing person
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
Raivis

Post by Raivis »

hey a couple of yall said something about a hat in the online store but i don't see any hats
You got owned by a wagon..... Life is a sexually transmitted disease!!! check me out at http://www.myspace.com/raiviskysdad
NSimkins
Global Moderator

Updates

Post by NSimkins »

Updates:You may have noticed some updates to the site - in particular the Forums. We're starting to test/implement the new style logo and font as well as some minor color changes.Keep an eye out as the other updates are coming down the line soon.
Sputnik

Re: Updates (NSimkins)

Post by Sputnik »

Saw it changed when I reloaded the page earlier. Very sharp! I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me at first though.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Mr. Poopypants

Post by Mr. Poopypants »

Quote, originally posted by NSimkins »Updates:You may have noticed some updates to the site - in particular the Forums. We're starting to test/implement the new style logo and font as well as some minor color changes.Keep an eye out as the other updates are coming down the line soon.Lookin' good Nick!
A bartender is just a pharmacist with a limited inventory.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

Whoahhhhh! Big change on the forum. I'm sure there is more to come but right now it is hard to read with out frames and color differentiation. Look forward to more changes.***Edit: I may just be on my end. I refreshed the screen and it looks much better now.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
damronjr

Re: Updates (BlueCrush)

Post by damronjr »

For some reason it's not coming up here at work. I get the white box with the x. Same with whatever is just above the forum line.
ragingfish

Post by ragingfish »

For a minute there I thought my monitor was off because the bars that used to be black were now gray...Gave me a scare there! I can see another conversation with gateway...Quote »"Things that should be black are now gray.""Have you made sure the monitor is plugged in and turned on?""Obviously it's turned on if I can see things on the screen.""Are you sure you plugged it in to the right port on the computer?"*shudders at the thought*
YES!I still visit GenVibe periodically. I have not forgotten about my "original" family over here!

2009 PONTIAC G8
3.6L V6 (256 HP @ 6300 rpm, 248 ft-lbs. @ 2100 rpm)
Kari

Re: (ragingfish)

Post by Kari »

LOL...Did your monitor felled and this cause the problem? I like the new font, but it's still kind of messing with my head to not have one of Marcie's neptune brothers or sisters up there... The gray bars are awesome though, that looks much better.
GenVibe Global Moderator
binary

Post by binary »

Maybe setup a Vibe wiki, so smart fellers can start building a 'cyclopeida for the vibe? I think it's a basic PHP shell with a MySql backend... which I'm assuming is very much like this forum.