W T F, manual?!

Funny or humorous-type discussions. (follow posting rules)
ImUrOBGYN

W T F, manual?!

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

When are they going to start offering auto insurance discounts for manuals? :D

The look on his face at the end = f'n priceless. His mind is blown. :lol:

EDIT: GOSH! Use your imaginations! ;) Kidding, had the wrong link for the forum but it still showed up for me so I never realized it. Here ya go, try this one:
Last edited by ImUrOBGYN on Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
tpollauf

Re: W T F, manual?!

Post by tpollauf »

Are we suppose to make up a story and then laugh? I don't get it. Is there suppose to be a link to click and view something? Pictures? Other missing stuff to back up the story ??? :o
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
mktrat

Post by mktrat »

I don't get it........ (nuttin' there boss)
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

We can't see the image so none of us can get the joke.
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Sorry, link updated.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best
ImageImageImage
tpollauf

Post by tpollauf »

Wow .... an ELEVEN year old clip! Bet this guy (if he's still alive) knows how to drive stick now :lol:
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

I don't think learning that is an option in prison.
ImageImageImage
joatmon

Post by joatmon »

While a manual tranny might offer some limited theft deterrent, there are other factors that make a manual tranny car more of a risk. Manual tranny drivers tend to treat every red light turning green as the lights on at a drag strip. There's also things like the manual tranny driver in front of me the other day, at a red light on a hill, didn't keep his foot on the brake and started rolling back at me. It probably all works out to be not worth differentiating, at least to the actuaries
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

joatmon wrote:While a manual tranny might offer some limited theft deterrent, there are other factors that make a manual tranny car more of a risk. Manual tranny drivers tend to treat every red light turning green as the lights on at a drag strip. There's also things like the manual tranny driver in front of me the other day, at a red light on a hill, didn't keep his foot on the brake and started rolling back at me. It probably all works out to be not worth differentiating, at least to the actuaries
:evil: You stop it with your serious answers....

Of course there are trade-offs to a manual, but since we're going there, you could make the argument that having to utilize a manual forces you to pay more attention to your actual driving. If nothing else, because you have one less hand to text with. lol Also, not everyone who drives a manual is in a stop light race. I feel more often than not, it's quite the opposite but even that's unfair since there are far more autos than manuals which means a higher number of idiot auto drivers simply by numbers. (That ricer in front of you was probably just manual shifting his Honda's auto. ;) ) Besides, insurance companies offer discounts for far sillier things than driving a manual.
ImageImageImage
KRR

Post by KRR »

Sorry to necro this thread, but I am just old enough that when I was growing up, an automatic transmission was usually an extra, a luxury, not something most kids my age had on their cars. In fact, few people *didn't* know how to drive a shift - and you got made fun of, if you didn't. :P

I hadn't really thought much about that fact prior to it coming up in conversation just the other day. Then here today I ran across this thread... :mrgreen:
ImUrOBGYN

Post by ImUrOBGYN »

Myself, as well. An auto was an extravagant extra. It not only was more expensive, but slower and less efficient. It did equal better resale value, though not to me. I've had bad luck with autos for the most part throughout my auto history.
ImageImageImage
lannvouivre

Post by lannvouivre »

I still love this guy's expressions. The irony is that if you know how the clutch and transmission work, it's actually simple to learn. I learned last year by driving a 1985 Tercel down from Farmington, NM. Shift knob fell off in the middle of rush-hour Albuquerque traffic :o (that was very uncomfortable, for those wondering)
"If you don't love me at my diddliest, you don't deserve me at my doodliest." - User ktluvscricket of reddit
Exvita

Post by Exvita »

joatmon wrote:While a manual tranny might offer some limited theft deterrent, there are other factors that make a manual tranny car more of a risk. Manual tranny drivers tend to treat every red light turning green as the lights on at a drag strip.

Is there something wrong with treating every stoplight as a drag strip though?? I mean, I may or may not do that lol.
2009 Vibe GT Lava Red

Ex vitae: Out of Life
NoRemorse2291

Post by NoRemorse2291 »

joatmon wrote:While a manual tranny might offer some limited theft deterrent, there are other factors that make a manual tranny car more of a risk. Manual tranny drivers tend to treat every red light turning green as the lights on at a drag strip. There's also things like the manual tranny driver in front of me the other day, at a red light on a hill, didn't keep his foot on the brake and started rolling back at me. It probably all works out to be not worth differentiating, at least to the actuaries
Thats ur own fault for getting close to em. I will roll back intentionally in my civic just to freak people out. Its their own fault for not paying attention to the road grade and rollin up on my (removed).