Custom Brush Guard?

Funny or humorous-type discussions. (follow posting rules)
kboisvert

Custom Brush Guard?

Post by kboisvert »

I need feed back. I am having this brush guard custom made by a friend of mine. we are using aluminum piping for the wider sections and scrap metal for the rest. critiques? we figure this can be done with $150-$250 in materials. we are welding and bending the pipes ourselves with his equipment.

Attached files
tpollauf

Re: Custom Brush Guard? (kboisvert)

Post by tpollauf »

Welcome. With that much protection you'll be able to keep EVERYTHING from hitting the front of your Vibe Criticisms ....... Just focus on the front grille protection. Going over to the headlight assemblies seems a bit over kill and it takes away some of the "appeal" the front of the Vibe has. But then again, maybe where you are located you'll NEED all that protection. Whatever you do, keep as much of the metal "radiused" so that it will blend in with the curves already there on the Vibe. Just my two cents
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"
kboisvert

Re: Custom Brush Guard? (tpollauf)

Post by kboisvert »

right on! thanks man. yeah, after looking over it a few more times i do think im gunna cut that curved bar at the highest point and yes...it def needs to curve with the car. thank you for ur input.
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Just curious... thought you said you have an '04 vibe? The '09 has a drastically different look. Just make sure you still like how the design flows on your '04 unless that was a typo on your earlier post. Can't wait to see how it comes out
kboisvert

Re: Custom Brush Guard? (Blanco_Diablo)

Post by kboisvert »

yeah the reason is says 09 is bc i stole that pic from the web. lol i liked it as a template. it just a rough idea. i hope itll work!
Blanco_Diablo

Post by Blanco_Diablo »

Gotcha... found an '06 schematic illustration... still not the same as yours but closer http://www.the-blueprints.com/...2006_/
DressedInBlack

Post by DressedInBlack »

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't weld aluminum and metal together. Brazing is the only option.I do like the idea though. Gives a bit of a mean look to the car. I agree with Tim. Protect the grille more and the lights less. But either way, it's gonna be cool.
http://
kboisvert

Re: (DressedInBlack)

Post by kboisvert »

ill need to look up that info about the aluminum for sure. so what a good light weight metal for welding? thanks for the heads up
JVibe

Re: Custom Brush Guard?

Post by JVibe »

Any updates on this? I'd be interested to see how it looks. I agree with the rest, protect the grill and dont worry about the headlights. I seen two police cars today and they both had brush/push guards just protecting the front grill and thought it would look awesome on our car.

Jimmy
NoRemorse249

Re: Custom Brush Guard?

Post by NoRemorse249 »

if you know someone with a tig welder you can make it out of aluminum. youll just have to build mounts where it attaches to the car so you can bolt it and not weld it. like he said cant weld aluminum and metal together. but with the right placement bolting it on would be just as sturdy.
05 vibe base, 1.8L DOHC