Ultimate Vibe Horn

Funny or humorous-type discussions. (follow posting rules)
tribalman

Ultimate Vibe Horn

Post by tribalman »

I'm really curious to know who did this. While watching it though, i think that really looks like a vibe.. then he shows the nose and i KNEW it was a vibe. then you see the wheel. who's is it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?f...nvzRA#!good idea! was thinking of putting in 8 tones so i can play songs, but i kinda like this idea more!
None. Vibe is gone.
csxt8058

Re: Ultimate Vibe Horn (A Psycho Martyr)

Post by csxt8058 »

Interesting.....this is what he should've done..That's a real train horn. I'm in the process of getting a setup together that will allow me to blow this horn and others from my locomotive horn collection, on my Vibe out on the back roads around here. Nothing permanent and with no mods to the car. You'll see the results here soon enough. Unlike the character in the clip, I won't be using mine in traffic JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
MotoAce51

Post by MotoAce51 »

DUDE! I WANT A TRAIN HORN!
2004 Vibe Base- Injen CAI, 10,000K HID's, Projector Retrofit W/ Angel Eyes, Billet Grilles, Kicker KX6.5 Components, Helix TB Spacer, Pioneer Premier HU
Thunderscreech

Post by Thunderscreech »

Hey guys, that's me! Haven't posted in a while and I never thought my little Youtube video would take off like that, hence the super scruffy appearance and whatnot.Yeppers, it's my 2003 Vibe. I picked up a couple more horns this weekend (the Oooga and some old single-tone locomotive horn thing at a swap meet) that I'll be adding.The train setup on yours looks fantastic, csxt8058! Might be hard to be subtle with, though, heh heh.
2003 Bare Bones
Thunderscreech

Post by Thunderscreech »

BTW, just posted a followup video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnOUtklx9ps
2003 Bare Bones
KITT222

Re: (Thunderscreech)

Post by KITT222 »

I just watched your video replying to the horn video. Then I found your Iphone app from that video. My question is... Who are you, and why have I only found you NOW?Also, is that little curl up above your Vibes headlight intention?
Thunderscreech

Re: (KITT222)

Post by Thunderscreech »

I've been here for ages, I just lurk, heh. The curl above the headlight _is_ intentional. I put carlashes on my wife's car and had to trim one off each end. On my vibe, the single 'lash' is very low key and gets conversations going. First step for picking up the gals, you know! :D
2003 Bare Bones
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by Thunderscreech »BTW, just posted a followup video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnOUtklx9pshaha! also, how DARE you make me want to read the comments in any youtube video. i forgot they exist and really wish i didn't ready any of them. as the rule goes: anonymity+audience+internet=fools.
None. Vibe is gone.
Thunderscreech

Post by Thunderscreech »

I know, right?! BTW, I found another air horn this weekend and am running out of mount spots under the hood. I think I'll be using the firewall for this next one, hope it doesn't melt!
2003 Bare Bones
Herb

Post by Herb »

I remember seeing the mod for turning the Vibe badge to evil awhile back!
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
Thunderscreech

Re: (Herb)

Post by Thunderscreech »

Heh, that was me too. An oil change guy was trying to enter my car, and his verbal gymnastics to avoid saying 'Evil' were excellent. He was trying pronunciations that rhymed with 'Deville', 'defile', and so on before I let him know.
2003 Bare Bones
SeattleJeremy

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Thunderscreech, your car is in a story on the Roundaboutshow.com podcast #98 at about 23min in.
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT
Thunderscreech

Re: (SeattleJeremy)

Post by Thunderscreech »

Neat! I'll check it out when comes out, looks like theyre at 97 right now.
2003 Bare Bones
Herb

Post by Herb »

Click on the Watch Live page and it's on the recorded broadcast
Would you agree to debris acceptance? 2003 Vibe GTMods installed GM Top and Mid-Gate Spoilers, Cosmo CAI, TWM Short Shifter with Desert Eagle weighted shift knob, TWM Bronzoil Shifter Cable Bushings, Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust, Unichip, Injen Billet Aluminum Engine/Sparkplug covers and oil cap, Optima RedTop Battery, Lineage Ground Wire KitAwaiting install: Energy Suspension Motor Mounts, DC Sports Header
csxt8058

Post by csxt8058 »

Quote, originally posted by Thunderscreech »Hey guys, that's me! Haven't posted in a while and I never thought my little Youtube video would take off like that, hence the super scruffy appearance and whatnot.Yeppers, it's my 2003 Vibe. I picked up a couple more horns this weekend (the Oooga and some old single-tone locomotive horn thing at a swap meet) that I'll be adding.The train setup on yours looks fantastic, csxt8058! Might be hard to be subtle with, though, heh heh. No chance of being subtle, although I don't plan on driving anywhere busy with a horn mounted..I prefer to remain hidden back in the woods when making 'noise', or music as I call it. JR

2010 Ultra White AWD-Railfan Customized...on to a new owner in 2015
2008 two tone Salsa base model..current railfan rig
Thunderscreech

Post by Thunderscreech »

Update, I picked up a Grover 24" chrome horn with a 6" bell. When I hooked it up to my shop air, it bellowed like a ship horn.That's soooo going on, I'll document how I do it.
2003 Bare Bones
SeattleJeremy

Re: (SeattleJeremy)

Post by SeattleJeremy »

Quote, originally posted by Thunderscreech »Neat! I'll check it out when comes out, looks like theyre at 97 right now.I was listening to the "Live" one. They released the podcast this morning, and they talk about your car briefly at 21:00 in. Looks like they removed two minutes in editing http://www.roundaboutshow.com/....html
*Sold* 06' Vibe Base - Mono Platinum - Manual
Turo'ing 15' BMW 328i Sport - Jet Black - Auto
Daily 19' Toyota Camry SE Hybrid - Galactic Aqua Mica - eCVT