A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment

Funny or humorous-type discussions. (follow posting rules)
Thunderscreech

A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment

Post by Thunderscreech »

So, time to fess up about something that happened yesterday. I noticed, as I was putting in a christmas tree, that there were inexplicable air-shock thingies attached to the glass on the hatch door. I hunted around for a latch to see if it opened, nothing. I opened and shut the rear door many times to see if they moved at all and served some weird purpose related to the hatch, nothing.Later on, I mentioned to my wife the mystery that I had found, and she looked at me like I had just pooped myself in public. She took the keys from me and, as you all can predict, held down the trunk button (which I had stared at earlier this week in consternation because it did not appear to actually open the trunk hatch) and then popped open the rear window.Oh.
2003 Bare Bones
ou.grizzly

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (Thunderscreech)

Post by ou.grizzly »

It happens to all of us, do not worry. As for pooping yourself in public, I nor anyone else here would openly admit to doing that...
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
lovemyraffe

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (ou.grizzly)

Post by lovemyraffe »

lol!I think everybody has done something like that before.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
epcIII

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (lovemyraffe)

Post by epcIII »

Yeah, when I first bought mine (used) I just accepted that the window didn't open anymore (with the remote). Then I accidentally held the button down for a few seconds and VOILA! Felt foolish too.
tribalman

Post by tribalman »

oO hahathere is a button on the left side of the steering column to open the glass too. also, if you put the key in the hatch glass and turn it one way it opens the whole thing, and another to open just the glass.(at least on my 04 these work)
None. Vibe is gone.
epcIII

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (tribalman)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman » if you put the key in the hatch glass and turn it one way it opens the whole thing, and another to open just the glass.(at least on my 04 these work)I don't think I have ever tried that yet.
BlueCrush

Post by BlueCrush »

There's 3 different ways to open the hatch window:RemoteButton on dashKeyAnd you still didn't know how to open it.....that's funny right there! Awesome Lion FacePalm pic.....btw.
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
67GTV

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (BlueCrush)

Post by 67GTV »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »There's 3 different ways to open the hatch window:In five years of ownership I still haven't found a need to open that window. The window's too high and the opening is too small for me to think of anything useful for that 'feature'.
1967 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GT Veloce ~ 2004 Pontiac Vibe
bull77

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (67GTV)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by 67GTV »In five years of ownership I still haven't found a need to open that window. The window's too high and the opening is too small for me to think of anything useful for that 'feature'.i use it all the time to drop in a few groceries or items after a trip to CT... it's also good for petting a dog through the window
03VibeOttawa

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Quote, originally posted by 67GTV »In five years of ownership I still haven't found a need to open that window. The window's too high and the opening is too small for me to think of anything useful for that 'feature'.I Always thought the same thing. Seems to me like another feature that looks good in a brochure, or gives slickster salesmen something else to demonstrate in a showroom.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
Tommychu

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (Feelin' The Vibe)

Post by Tommychu »

I use the glass more than the whole hatch. keeps things from falling out when you open it. No power locks though so I spared myself that d'oh moment.
"I like to think GM is sort of like the USSR-In economic terms, an unprecedented catastrophe spanning multiple decades that brought misery to millions, but sometimes they made some nifty vehicles that we just love to post about on the internet."
808 Vibes

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (Tommychu)

Post by 808 Vibes »

I only open the glass to clean it
~ ALIS VOLAT PROPRIIS ~
epcIII

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by 67GTV »In five years of ownership I still haven't found a need to open that window. The window's too high and the opening is too small for me to think of anything useful for that 'feature'.Man, I've used it a lot. I.e.: when I moved a twin bed with the Vibe I opened the glass hatch so it would fit. I also have the wires from my Christmas lights on the roof rack coming out of it. Plus groceries, etc...
Tommychu

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (epcIII)

Post by Tommychu »

Quote, originally posted by epcIII »Christmas lights on the roof rack You are my hero.
"I like to think GM is sort of like the USSR-In economic terms, an unprecedented catastrophe spanning multiple decades that brought misery to millions, but sometimes they made some nifty vehicles that we just love to post about on the internet."
epcIII

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (Tommychu)

Post by epcIII »

Quote, originally posted by Tommychu »You are my hero.I am not a role model.
67GTV

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (epcIII)

Post by 67GTV »

Quote, originally posted by epcIII »I also have the wires from my Christmas lights on the roof rack coming out of it. Plus groceries, etc...Finally! There is a purpose for that silly little roof rack!
67GTV

Post by 67GTV »

Quote, originally posted by Thunderscreech »So, time to fess up about something that happened yesterday. I noticed, as I was putting in a christmas tree, that there were inexplicable air-shock thingies attached to the glass on the hatch door. I hunted around for a latch to see if it opened, nothing. I opened and shut the rear door many times to see if they moved at all and served some weird purpose related to the hatch, nothing.Later on, I mentioned to my wife the mystery that I had found, and she looked at me like I had just pooped myself in public. She took the keys from me and, as you all can predict, held down the trunk button (which I had stared at earlier this week in consternation because it did not appear to actually open the trunk hatch) and then popped open the rear window.Oh.BTW, I failed to mention how well written and humorous this post is! Thanks for the chuckle Thunderscreech.
Barrett

Re: A 'dumb Vibe owner' moment (BlueCrush)

Post by Barrett »

I just got my Vibe about 3 weeks ago (used) and didn't know you could open the window with the remote. Woot for reading old posts!
06pvibe

Post by 06pvibe »

When in doubt, read the manual.
FJ's Garage Thread "There is no tool you can buy that will replace experience." - Josh Mills, C.K.DeLuxe January 2011 GenVibe MOTM
chevelle_lover

Post by chevelle_lover »

Real Men do not need manuals or maps. As I read this today I took the Vibe in as the remote start installed two years ago I have not been able to open the rear hatch with the remote. Today I found out it has been hooked up but need to unlock the doors first.
If God didn’t want us to eat meat, why did he make the cow so slow? (Ever eaten a cheetah-burger? Nope. And you never will.)
Justcar

Re: (chevelle_lover)

Post by Justcar »

I had the same thing, I bought a used '05 and was looking in the rear view window and saw the supports, went to grab my manual to figure it out and it's all in french, I walked around the car more times that I would like to admit and just started turning the key and finally figured it out, Cheers for the glass to keep my stuff from falling out as well.
A Psycho Martyr

Post by A Psycho Martyr »

I've decided my most recent mod belongs here.lol I'm in the process of fixing it...but yeah....WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too dark!
Zvibe04

Post by Zvibe04 »

you just had a stupid moment, dont worry, we all have them. ive forgot how to open the glass before, but then i reliazed how when i saw the button on the dash
2004 base vibemoon and tunes pakagealuminum rimsauto trans (hated)this car is my BABY