Michael Phelps hits the bong

Funny or humorous-type discussions. (follow posting rules)
bodhi_tree777

Michael Phelps hits the bong

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Just to further illustrate that everyone who smokes marijuana is a degenerate scumbag , 8-time Olympic Gold Medalist Michael Phelps got in trouble today because a photo of him taking bong rips came out in some tabloid. Well I am just shocked. Stunned. Horrified. Amazed. and because this is the humor section, here's a hilarious tattoo that came up in the same image search
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
ajflan

Re: Michael Phelps hits the bong (bodhi_tree777)

Post by ajflan »

Haha great! Who cares really, marijuana carries a certain stigma about it, that I dont think is justified. I personally feel that drinking is worse than smoking once in a while.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
kunkstyle

Re: Michael Phelps hits the bong (ajflan)

Post by kunkstyle »

I especially don't see why it's a big deal in the Olympics. Out of anything that isn't 'performance enhancing'...Oh well. I was never a Phelps fan to begin with.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

hah hah hah... what time is it, mike? Not exactly a positive role model for the kiddies though.... Anyway, I'm off to listen to Cypress Hill.
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

I can't see why someone would get mad or all offended about this...I mean it's not like he was causing harm or like causing trouble, he was just hittin the bong and chillin
tribalman

Re: Michael Phelps hits the bong (ColonelPanic)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by ColonelPanic »Anyway, I'm off to listen to Cypress Hill. hehe, i remember when one B-Real was at a tournament, he pulled a pod out of his pack to load into his hopper only to find it was full of weed. he walked off the field, packed up and just left as quickly as he could. marijuana doesn't have any ill effects? xD
None. Vibe is gone.
Raven

Re: Michael Phelps hits the bong (tribalman)

Post by Raven »

He was trying to get closer spiritually to his Aquarian ancestory.
bodhi_tree777

Re: (Amtron)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by Amtron »I can't see why someone would get mad or all offended about this...I mean it's not like he was causing harm or like causing trouble, he was just hittin the bong and chillini think people will be offended (or fake being offended) because he's supposed to be a role model, like an American Icon. Then again, he's also a 23-year old college kid. I wouldn't want to be in those shoes and under that spotlight.
james / bodhi tree studio / tattoos & illustration / http://www.bodhitreestudio.comebay store : vintage clothing & toys---03 Satellite Vibe GT // 04 Neptune base // 1986 VW Golf // 1990 VW Golf GL---
Mavrik

Re: (bodhi_tree777)

Post by Mavrik »

from what I read, this could seriously ruin his chances at entering more competitions.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
BlueCrush

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by BlueCrush »

It looks like South Carolina authorities are going to pursue criminal charges against Michael "Bong" Phelps. LOL! What an idiot! Seriously, this will hurt his career. (If you can call swimming a career...haha) Say, "Bye Bye" to all your current sponsors and say hello to your new ones: Dare, MADD, AA & DEA!!! If he ends up getting his medals stripped, I will have to go to the (removed) clinic. Some role model he turned out to be....F'in Loser!
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
jake75

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by jake75 »

The real shame is that there is no privacy anymore. You ought to be able to do a few things that really don't hurt anyone else without worrying that it will be shown on the internet. If that's the worse thing Phelps ever does he will be 99% ahead of the rest of the country - including some recent Presidents (and past Presidents as well).
2009 Vibe 1.8L Carbon Gray AT Power Pkg 1/12/092003 Vibe 1.8L Neptune AT Mono Power Pkg 1/27/03 [sold 2/2/09]2007 T&C SWB 7/31/07 "Broke people stay broke by living like they're rich. Rich people stay rich by living like they're broke."
tribalman

Re: (BlueCrush)

Post by tribalman »

Quote, originally posted by BlueCrush »It looks like South Carolina authorities are going to pursue criminal charges against Michael "Bong" Phelps. LOL! What an idiot! Seriously, this will hurt his career. (If you can call swimming a career...haha) Say, "Bye Bye" to all your current sponsors and say hello to your new ones: Dare, MADD, AA & DEA!!! If he ends up getting his medals stripped, I will have to go to the (removed) clinic. Some role model he turned out to be....F'in Loser! why would anyone say he is/was a role model? let's ignore all other aspects of his life and just focus on his swimming achievements? what else has he done? all we know is that he's gained a few athletic medals and done a few commercials because of his athletic achievements and now this. i'm sorry. i don't believe we should focus our attention on athletes and try to model them, a person who does a lot for the community and others, someone who strives to make humanity better. i think that is a role model. you can swim/run/throw/spin better than someone else because you have the genetics that allow it, makes you better? no thanks.
None. Vibe is gone.
Kevzaz

Re: (tribalman)

Post by Kevzaz »

Quote, originally posted by tribalman »why would anyone say he is/was a role model? let's ignore all other aspects of his life and just focus on his swimming achievements? what else has he done? all we know is that he's gained a few athletic medals and done a few commercials because of his athletic achievements and now this. i'm sorry. i don't believe we should focus our attention on athletes and try to model them, a person who does a lot for the community and others, someone who strives to make humanity better. i think that is a role model. you can swim/run/throw/spin better than someone else because you have the genetics that allow it, makes you better? no thanks.I was on the high school swimming team. Other team members and I looked up to be Phelps, we would love to be that fast, representing United States in a world wide competition. A few kids were obsessed with him. He is probably one of the most dedicated swimmers out there. Maybe this makes me more mad to see people saying stuff like 'smoking pot isn't bad'. I am proud to say that I never smoked anything in my life. This will hurt a lot of our swimmers. It made me rethink things...
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Didn't Phelps eat like 10,000 calories per day?Hmmm.Can. Someone. Say. Munchies.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
ColonelPanic

Re: (ou.grizzly)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by ou.grizzly »Can. Someone. Say. Munchies. hahahaha! Say, if he loses some of his sponsors he would be quite a good spokesperson for companies like Frito Lay, Hostess, Little Debbie, etc...

Image Image
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

He is a rookie. Now if made a 3 litre bong and was going to town.I do hope he does not put a spin on this about being young, the pressure, having no father.
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

I can't believe how many of you are poking fun at this.. =/ almost all of you are double my age... I should be the one saying 'Hell yeah! He is deff my hero now' I don't know... maybe I am over reacting?
ou.grizzly

Re: (Kevzaz)

Post by ou.grizzly »

Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »I can't believe how many of you are poking fun at this.. =/ almost all of you are double my age... I should be the one saying 'Hell yeah! He is deff my hero now' I don't know... maybe I am over reacting?To the one who starts threads about beating his g/f and it turns out to be a joke. Sure, go tell you little joke to to the abused house wife or the prom date that was raped as they have no where to go or are afraid to tell others as they do not want to be thought less of as they feel ashamed.
ajflan

Post by ajflan »

I think this is ridiculous. It in no way tarnishes his image in my eyes. Holy crap! He's human after all! Get over it people. Smoking a little tree is a lot less harmful than drinking. He is the best swimmer in the world, pot doesn't change that. And as far as being a role model, every person has flaws. How about we try to be the best we can be, instead of looking at someone else to shape what we think we should be. Life is too short to get caught up on garbage like this. Did everyone forget his underage DUI a while back? Thats a heckuva lot worse than hitting a bong. Seriously, he could have done a lot worse. Life's short, enjoy it. At least it wasn't crack.
February 08' VOTM Check out my Band! http://www.facebook.com/pages/...67945
joholste

Re: (ajflan)

Post by joholste »

i'm just kinda interested to see how they're going to pursue this as a criminal charge being that all they have is a picture of him with a bong. Unless there's more picture that i didn't see, in any case what are they going to charge him with? I can see them using the picture as evidence, but what evidence do they have that it wasn't just a hookah bong? in which you can smoke legal tobbacco? I'm not surprised and I don't think it tarnishes him, simply because weed is definitely not a performance enhancing drug.
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
bodhi_tree777

Re: (joholste)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by joholste »i'm just kinda interested to see how they're going to pursue this as a criminal charge being that all they have is a picture of him with a bong. Unless there's more picture that i didn't see, in any case what are they going to charge him with? I can see them using the picture as evidence, but what evidence do they have that it wasn't just a hookah bong? in which you can smoke legal tobbacco? I'm not surprised and I don't think it tarnishes him, simply because weed is definitely not a performance enhancing drug.they can't prove it. even with this apology, actually proving it in court would require a witness to step forward and say "yes, I too smoked from that bong with Mr. Phelps". I'm not even sure what they could charge him with, as he's not been caught in possession, wasn't publicly intoxicated and was not selling or buying it. The yokel sheriff down in SC is making a stink just to get his picture in the news, it seems, but if he actually tried to file charges against this poor kid I would be embarrassed that he was my sheriff and that he was wasting state funds to pursue the case. As if there are no worse crimes in that county that he should be pursuing. It would be like someone filing charges against Jack Nicholson and Peter Fonda for the pot they smoked in that one scene in Easy Rider, which they did admit was real.
joholste

Post by joholste »

which is why i said i would be interested to see what they actually end up doing
ColonelPanic

Re: (joholste)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Yep, will be interesting to see what the law down there can come up with. I really don't see them being able to do much. Probably the best they can do is pull him over sometime and plant some weed on him, say "lookie what we found here, boy!" and then pursue legal action.

Image Image
Kevzaz

Re: (ColonelPanic)

Post by Kevzaz »

"Michael Phelps was suspended from competition for three months by USA Swimming, the latest fallout from a photo that showed the Olympic great inhaling from a marijuana pipe.The sport’s national governing body also cut off its financial support to Phelps for the same three-month period, effective Thursday.“This is not a situation where any anti-doping rule was violated, but we decided to send a strong message to Michael because he disappointed so many people, particularly the hundreds of thousands of USA Swimming member kids who look up to him as a role model and a hero,” the Colorado-based federation said in a statement.“Michael has voluntarily accepted this reprimand and has committed to earn back our trust.”Phelps won a record eight gold medals in Beijing and returned to America as one of the world’s most acclaimed athletes. Now he’s enduring a wave of bad news in the wake of the photo, published Sunday by News of the World, a British tabloid.http://sports.yahoo.com/top/ne...=lgns"Good... =/
kunkstyle

Post by kunkstyle »

And lost his Kelloggs endorsment.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
bodhi_tree777

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »I can't believe how many of you are poking fun at this.. =/ almost all of you are double my age... I should be the one saying 'Hell yeah! He is deff my hero now' I don't know... maybe I am over reacting? c'mon man, spare us the feigned shock and dismay. This from the kid who tosses out "I punched my girlfriend in the face" jokes. You'll find, as you get older, that a lot of your illusions about celebrities will probably be shattered, and rightly so. No one's a perfect role model, and the quickness with which you're willing to toss someone you previously held in high regard to the wolves is pretty sad.
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 » c'mon man, spare us the feigned shock and dismay. This from the kid who tosses out "I punched my girlfriend in the face" jokes. You'll find, as you get older, that a lot of your illusions about celebrities will probably be shattered, and rightly so. No one's a perfect role model, and the quickness with which you're willing to toss someone you previously held in high regard to the wolves is pretty sad. +1. Couldn't have been that great of a role model to you if you disown him so quickly...
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 » c'mon man, spare us the feigned shock and dismay. This from the kid who tosses out "I punched my girlfriend in the face" jokes. You'll find, as you get older, that a lot of your illusions about celebrities will probably be shattered, and rightly so. No one's a perfect role model, and the quickness with which you're willing to toss someone you previously held in high regard to the wolves is pretty sad. I never said he was a role model. But I did look up to him for what he did. He was amazing at what he did. My only role model was my master back in the day and my dad.
NascarXprt

Post by NascarXprt »

well that doesnt mean you should stop looking upto what michael did. its just pot, its nothing serious like steroids. its kids (teens and 20s) stuff.
My '04 Garage - My '06 Garage - My '09 GT Garage
November 2006 MOTM / February 2007 VOTM / April 2010 VOTM / June 2011 VOTM
Kevzaz

Re: (NascarXprt)

Post by Kevzaz »

Quote, originally posted by NascarXprt »well that doesnt mean you should stop looking upto what michael did. its just pot, its nothing serious like steroids. its kids (teens and 20s) stuff.I think less of him, because of how famous he is, he shouldn't be peer pressured into doing things that everyone else is. I am a quite popular kid in high school and I never smoked a thing.
SublimeVibe

Post by SublimeVibe »

I was just wondering if he was an X games star athlete.What would have been said then?Oh yeah its part of the scene.I think we hold the athletes in these type of sports to a higher standard because its seen as a mainstream sport.
2003 VibeAWD Envy(sublime)wCharcoalPower pkg.Enkei EVO5 Hyper Black 07/08Vibe floor matsMud flaps Hood DeflectorLimo tint on rear and side windowsstainless steel insterts
Kevzaz

Re: (SublimeVibe)

Post by Kevzaz »

Quote, originally posted by SublimeVibe »I was just wondering if he was an X games star athlete.What would have been said then?Oh yeah its part of the scene.I think we hold the athletes in these type of sports to a higher standard because its seen as a mainstream sport.Maybe, but it has a lot to do that he was the Olympics star. He was representing America.. you know? Man.. I feel like I am fighting a loosing battle.
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Michael Phelps back in 2004, @ age 19, driving under the influence.http://www.cbsnews.com/stories...shtml
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »I feel like I am fighting a loosing battle.That's losing battle. lolP.S. Guys, you need these t-shirts! Been there / smoked that / got the t-shirt!

Image Image
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

I have to agree with the young one here. It's disappointing to see an athlete such as Phelps give into peer pressure and smoke. I'm 31 yrs old and have NEVER smoked anything other than my tires or salmon. Not everyone smokes pot, nor ever has like people make out to believe. I know SEVERAL people older than myself who have also never smoked pot or cigarettes. And anyone in the spotlight will become a role model, whether they want to or not. Kids and adults alike want to idolize those we feel are better than we are, or those who accomplish great things. How is this a bad thing? To want to follow in someone else's footsteps to better ourselves? Sadly, this greatly hurts his reputation and I will say that yes, I too shake my head and am disappointed. I enjoyed my teen years, I enjoyed my college years, I was very popular and never once did I give into drugs or alcohol. I hope Phelps will learn from this experience and if anything, show those who look up to him that even people like himself make mistakes. At least he can own up to this and take responsibility.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
bodhi_tree777

Re: (AKLGT)

Post by bodhi_tree777 »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »I enjoyed my teen years, I enjoyed my college years, I was very popular and never once did I give into drugs or alcohol. I think you and Kev are the only ones framing this up as a popularity or peer pressure thing. I think it's safe to say that most of the "pro" people on this side of the argument probably did not or do not smoke because they're trying to be "cool" or popular. People all over the spectrum, from all walks of life, have been known to smoke. As I said before, I'm fairly certain that Phelps didn't light that bong because he was nervous about fitting in at the party. I can see the peer pressure thing being an issue in high school, but everything in HS is about pressure and crappy self image. However, I think most of us here are grown-ups and none of us are "bad people". Some of us are hard-working, family-loving folks and simply don't see this as a negative thing. I find it interesting that we're having this debate only because pot is illegal. If the headline was "Michael Phelps drinks beer", nobody would care. If pot were legal, nobody would care.Now if you'd care to talk about the legalization issue, I'd be glad to have that debate. I think it's looooong overdue.
joholste

Post by joholste »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT » I'm 31 yrs old and have NEVER smoked anything other than my tires or salmon. wow and they say that cigarettes put tar in the lungs...i wonder what smoking tires would do
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 » Now if you'd care to talk about the legalization issue, I'd be glad to have that debate. I think it's looooong overdue. Sorry to go off topic but here is a political party that would maybe interest you if you were to vote in my home province:http://www.blocpot.qc.ca/englishSorry again to go off topic Ok back to Phelps!
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

scherry2

Post by scherry2 »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT » It's disappointing to see an athlete such as Phelps give into peer pressure and smoke..peer pressure? bullcrap. he smokes pot plain and simple this wasn't the first time you can bet on that.
ColonelPanic

Re:

Post by ColonelPanic »

If anyone pressured him into something he didn't want to do, all he would really have to say is "Dude, do you know who I am? I'm Michael *bleepin'* Phelps!" He has star power! lol

Image Image
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

when I say Peer pressure, I'm not talking about his friends saying, hey man, let's do a doobie. :rolleyes: please! I'm talking about the pressure of WHO he is, people always wanting something from you, you can't be normal. Perhaps he decided he wanted to be NORMAL (or what he thinks is normal) like an average joe and smoke a joint with his buddies because he's just a guy in his 20's. That's what I'm talking about, not all his friends standing around him with joint saying YOU GOTTA SMOKE THIS MAN. Come on! Peer pressure is many things, not just a small group of people wanting you to do something right then and there. *edit* and for the rest of you ADULTS who think that peer pressure only applies when you're young, you are quite wrong. What about coworkers and your own personal group of friends, maybe your church, etc. People who want you to do what they want you to do, not necessarily what YOU want to do. We have pressures around us every freaking day, people telling us what we should or shouldn't do, so if you think you aren't affected by it, then you are living in a hole. I own my business, I am the boss, but I still have pressure on me to perform, succeed in my business, ensure my employees are performing and doing well, etc. I do not see that pressure any different from when I was in HS with my peers or teachers telling me what school to go to, what to major in, what to do with my life, etc. Pressure is pressure.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Kevzaz

Post by Kevzaz »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »when I say Peer pressure, I'm not talking about his friends saying, hey man, let's do a doobie. :rolleyes: please! I'm talking about the pressure of WHO he is, people always wanting something from you, you can't be normal. Perhaps he decided he wanted to be NORMAL (or what he thinks is normal) like an average joe and smoke a joint with his buddies because he's just a guy in his 20's. That's what I'm talking about, not all his friends standing around him with joint saying YOU GOTTA SMOKE THIS MAN. Come on! Peer pressure is many things, not just a small group of people wanting you to do something right then and there. *edit* and for the rest of you ADULTS who think that peer pressure only applies when you're young, you are quite wrong. What about coworkers and your own personal group of friends, maybe your church, etc. People who want you to do what they want you to do, not necessarily what YOU want to do. We have pressures around us every freaking day, people telling us what we should or shouldn't do, so if you think you aren't affected by it, then you are living in a hole. I own my business, I am the boss, but I still have pressure on me to perform, succeed in my business, ensure my employees are performing and doing well, etc. I do not see that pressure any different from when I was in HS with my peers or teachers telling me what school to go to, what to major in, what to do with my life, etc. Pressure is pressure.This ^^^^Thank you..
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by bodhi_tree777 »Now if you'd care to talk about the legalization issue, I'd be glad to have that debate. I think it's looooong overdue. If marijuana was legalized and regulated the government would make a killing off that! I don't know how much you know about Canadian or provincial regulations, but here in Ontario alcohol is controlled by the government and they make money off the sale of it. The LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) is the only store that can sell liquor in the province. If they ran a monopoly on weed like they do for alcohol, they would be raking in the profits!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

let's not get into that debate in this thread. that's a whole other animal to tackle.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »let's not get into that debate in this thread. that's a whole other animal to tackle.I was guilty of going off topic too lol!!! Ok guys back to Mr. Phelps and his doobies
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »let's not get into that debate in this thread. that's a whole other animal to tackle.My bad.
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by Kevzaz »Maybe, but it has a lot to do that he was the Olympics star. He was representing America.. you know? Man.. I feel like I am fighting a loosing battle.Just throwing this out there, but as a representative of America the fact that he smoked weed seems to be a fairly accurate representation. Quote »The survey also found that more Americans not only experimented with drugs, but also tended to try pot and cocaine for the first time at a younger age compared with people in other countries. Just over 20% of Americans reported trying pot by age 15 and nearly 3% had tried cocaine by the same age. Those percentages jumped to 54% and 16%, respectively, by age 21. Quoted from Time. http://www.time.com/time/healt....html
AKLGT

Re: (ArcsVibe)

Post by AKLGT »

Quote, originally posted by ArcsVibe »I was guilty of going off topic too lol!!! Ok guys back to Mr. Phelps and his doobies shame on you, mr mod. j/k
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by AKLGT »shame on you, mr mod. j/kLMAO!! Well that is what makes us human
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06