Ugliest State License plate

Funny or humorous-type discussions. (follow posting rules)
UKStory135

Ugliest State License plate

Post by UKStory135 »

Who has the ugliest state plates?I nominate the old smiley KY plates:

Attached files
2006 VibeFrosty, Sun & Sound Package, Mods: USA Spec iPod-Aux input adapter. Audiovox Xpress XM Satellite Radio Receiver
ColonelPanic

Re: Ugliest State License plate (UKStory135)

Post by ColonelPanic »

Oh yeah, that one was pretty bad. I don't see what the rush was to get rid of the plate they had right before that, with the cloud shaped as the state, I had that one when I lived in Kentucky... I liked that one, still don't like the new one as much as the one with the pretty cloud that came before Mr. Smiley. Mr. Smiley did have his advantages though... Did you ever get to see any plates where people played around with the guy? One guy at work put a dot of red paint on his head and had blood dripping down, another had an eye patch like a pirate... It inspred some creativity. Nothing beats the Wander Indiana plate though... That one made us Hoosiers look like a bunch of idiots, but I guess it wasn't too far off sometimes when I think about it. lol!
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
UKStory135

Re: Ugliest State License plate (ColonelPanic)

Post by UKStory135 »

They changed the plate over copyright laws, I think. They had issues with that for several years and two or three plates. Personally I had a pirate face on my old license plate. That is really the only KY plate that I ever really hated. The rest of them all look decent.
2006 VibeFrosty, Sun & Sound Package, Mods: USA Spec iPod-Aux input adapter. Audiovox Xpress XM Satellite Radio Receiver
ColonelPanic

Post by ColonelPanic »

I didn't hear anything about the cloud one, I guess they didn't get the message after the whole deal with the horsies on the 88-98 copyright infringement thing. That solid white plate with the stamped lettering for state and county they put out in the interim becaise of all the legal issues sure was ghetto though. lol!http://www.worldlicenceplates.com/usa/US_KYXX.html
03 Vibe base. Born 10/14/2002 06:07 AM
Auto, Moon & Tunes, power package. 143k
Neptune/dying clearcoat/primer grey. :lol:

'21 Elantra Limited - 2.0L/IVT
'15 Escape SE - 1.6L EcoBoost (hers)
Image Image
redlava

Re: Ugliest State License plate (ColonelPanic)

Post by redlava »

I'm still going with an older Nebraska plate. The 2003 base.

Attached files
nygiantzz1

Post by nygiantzz1 »

Delaware has the ugliest plates.

Attached files
stevovans

Post by stevovans »

Texas has a pretty sweet plates
The family with THREE VibesMy Garage - 2006 Stealth Base
binary

Post by binary »

The old Wisconsin plates were pretty fugly.If you've seen "That 70's Show" you've seen the color combination. A putrid yellow with black lettering. It complimented absolutely no automotive colors at all and was difficult to read at a distance. Oh wait... that's a good thing.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

wow ontario plates never really changed much over the years
CCD

Post by CCD »

http://www.worldlicenceplates....U.jpgFlorida a&m is horrible
2003 base
Sputnik

Re: (CCD)

Post by Sputnik »

I hate Vermont's plates. Plates should be as neutral coloured as possible so as not to clash with your car's colour. Personally I don't mind Ontario's. Boring, plain, and doesn't clash with my car. My favorite plates are the North West Territories Polar Bear shaped plates.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Mavrik

Re: (Sputnik)

Post by Mavrik »

I like ontario. white goes with anything. but alaska has plain yellow plates which conflict with the colour of your car. You have to get a personalized one to get a white one.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
drunkenmaxx

Re: (Mavrik)

Post by drunkenmaxx »

[QUOTE=Mavrik which conflict with the colour of your car. [/QUOTE]i can't understand you, you're speaking canadian. do you mean color?
chew aura pizza cheat main"the world in my hands, there's noone left to hear you scream, noone's there for you"
ashleymc_38

Post by ashleymc_38 »

Quote, originally posted by UKStory135 »Who has the ugliest state plates?I nominate the old smiley KY plates: I feel like I'm waking up with Bob Evans down on the farm...haha
Baltovibe

Post by Baltovibe »

A similar thread was started at http://forums.genvibe.com/zerothread?id=14976
That which may be known of God is evident within man, for God has shown it to them, so that they are without excuse.(Romans 1:19-20)&nbspWhat do you want most in life?