How is your Vibe ???Any problems???

Ontario
metaxa44

How is your Vibe ???Any problems???

Post by metaxa44 »

I was pretty happy with my 2009 Vibe till not too long ego , than alternater gone of course not 3 years old yet but 4000 km over the warranty period...Next thing is my rear brake has to be replaced , because it is worned out all ready...I did not think a car recomended by soo many , has soo much proplem soo soon...What is next ???
lovemyraffe

Re: How is your Vibe ???Any problems??? (metaxa44)

Post by lovemyraffe »

No major issues with my Vibe. The only thing I experienced was a cracked intake manifold gasket & a blown MAF. For some reason, I can't fix the squealing brakes. I've done everything to them and they always start squealing again.
March 2011 MOTMFebruary 2010 MOTM My GenVibe garage
Zimm

Post by Zimm »

i've been generally satisfied with my '10, but have been very disappointed by the fit and finish of the car. lots of chronic and intermittent rattles, noises, etc that are the result of poor engineering and build quality. dealer service has been very poor.we'll see if i'm any happier after i have my steering column replaced next week. i had to raise a major stink after being told by my dealer service guy that the clunking in my steering was "normal." i asked him to have the new car sales manager direct me to the model on the lot he promotes to customers as having the clunkiest "normal" steering.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
Cougar Vibe

Post by Cougar Vibe »

For much of their model life, the first gen Vibes were the only GM-recommended vehicles in Consumer Reports (CR is hit & miss, take it for what it is). My '05 AWD w/62K miles can attest to why, as it's never been back to the dealership fro any issue, large or small. The only things I've "corrected" were the front brakes (replaced w/ceramic to alleviate dust/noise) and the OEM tires (replaced lousy Goodyear Eagle RSA w/Toyo's). As far as nit-picky things, the coating on the factory radio preset buttons has worn off, the hard plastic in the rear cargo has some scratches and my rear window struts are starting to go out. Overall, it's been the most reliable and easy to maintain car I've had...and that includes other cars from Toyota, GM, Ford, Nissan and BMW.
Cougar Vibe

Re: (Zimm)

Post by Cougar Vibe »

I had an '06 Pontiac G6 w/a "clunking" steering column that is a well-known problem w/those cars, Malibus, Auras and Malibus. Anyway, it sounded like hell...like something bad was going to happen. However, GM...in their infinite wisdom...decided that the fix (an ongoing fix) is to spray aerosolized white lithium grease between the steering column shafts. As my car wasn't under warranty when the "clunk" first developed, my local stealership wanted $150 for the "parts" and labor to "fix" the problem. Luckily, this thing called the "internet" allowed me to research the problem further and I quickly found that I could buy a can of the same grease at O'Reilly's for ~$5 and do the work myself. It was then that I decided that GM's dealership network would forever prevent my from purchasing another GM vehicle...regardless of how improved their vehicle lineup could be. Hopefully your experience will be better.
star_deceiver

Post by star_deceiver »

94000kms here. So far I've replaced the OE tires and have been in for 2 recalls. If by chance I'm at a dealer that's not busy and I have time to kill, I may get the pedal replaced... but those are big if's! Replaced the windshield as well... rocks are a part of life... I would have left it but it needed to be crack and chip free to pass the out-of-province inspection. Which my car passed with flying colours! Everything that's supposed to work, works. Nothing leaks. The front brake pads are at 7mm and the rotors are at 0.862 and 0.865 (wear limit is 0.748). Rear brake pads are at 4mm and 6mm, rotors are both at 0.345 (wear limit is 0.295).There are numerous scratches and scrapes on the plastic. Moreso on the rear plastic floor. The front end has tons of rock chips and dings. There's the throttle body whistle from the first recall... it's annoying at times but only if the windows are down. (the dealer said the whistle was normal as well... needless to say I've never been back there!)The only problems I've actually had with the car have been self caused!If you have an automatic, and/or do a lot of city driving be prepared to replace the brakes every couple of years! But brakes are cheap compared to some of the other things that can wear out!
2019 Ram 3500 4x4 CCSB srw 8HP75
2016 Ram 3500 4x4 RCLB Dually w/stick (traded in - 05/10/19)
2012 Chevy Silverado 1500 Cheyenne 4x4 (Traded in - 03/30/16)
2009 Vibe. (Traded in - 12/12/12)
Zimm

Re: (Zimm)

Post by Zimm »

i neglected to mention my disappointment with the paint. despite the fact that i never wear rings or hold stuff in my hand while opening the doors, there are numerous scratches under the handle of both the driver and passenger (rarely used) front doors. fingernail (man's fingernails to boot) scratching through clear coat? i'm also noticing some rust forming on some stone chips on the hood. rust through primer=crap paint. especially at 25,000 miles.
'10 Black w/1.8L AutoAir/PW/PL/PM
TONY TAT2

Post by TONY TAT2 »

A TO B THEN BACK TO A,Nothen more.Nothen less a little over 30 miles a day.no major problems so far
09 VIBE08 G694 GRAND AM93 GRAND AM85 VETTE78 VETTE
ou.grizzly

Post by ou.grizzly »

Dash lights on BOTH 2009 Vibes and PCM replaced in one after a 30 day wait for the part and lights came back on again.You do the math2003-2008 Vibes, rock solid
2009 Jet Black 2.4L Auto / Fogs / 17" Alum / Clear Bra / Camry Leather Shift Knob / GT Rear Spoiler
2013 Polished Metallic Honda CR-V EX-L Navi
cptnsolo77

Post by cptnsolo77 »

120K here. Have had the car for 4 years. 3 door handles, 1 starter & 2 power door lock actuators. Sorry to rain on the parade. Seems like I have had more problems than most....
* 2003 Vibe Auto Satellite Silver w / Moons & Tunes
* Kenwood Excelon KDC-X597
* Polk DB651-Speakers
* Soundproofcow Roadblock R sound deadening in all doors
* Drop In K & N Filter
* NGK Iridium IX Plugs
* 27 MPG City/Highway with AC on