Waterloo Vibe vs hydro police

Ontario
joatmon

Waterloo Vibe vs hydro police

Post by joatmon »

Quote »Police look for witnesses to Waterloo crash570 News Mar 10, 2011 15:56:53 PMWaterloo Regional Police are asking for witnesses to come forward after this morning's crash on Beaver Creek Road.Police say the collision happened in the middle of the Laurelwood Conservation Area at about 6:30 am.A 69 year old Waterloo man was the lone occupant of the Pontiac Vibe. Police say his car left the roadway and hit a hydro police.The man was extricated from the car and taken to Grand River Hospital with critical injuries.The investigation is continuing. what is a "hydro police" ?

Attached files
silverbullet

Post by silverbullet »

My first thought was a cop boat? And I was wondering how that could have happened. Launched off the pier starsky and hutch style.
BlueCrush

Re: Waterloo Vibe vs hydro police (joatmon)

Post by BlueCrush »

http://www.therecord.com/news/...-poleThis one states "hydro pole" - I wonder if they mean fire hydrant?EDIT: Nope, it's a power line pole (which is right in front of that Vibe): http://www.google.com/images?q...h=492
My Fleet:
'15 Ford Fusion AWD Titanium 2.0 Tutbo
'14 Lincoln MXZ AWD 2.0 Turbo
'14 Nissan Pathfinder AWD SL
'05 Pontiac Vibe AWD
Sputnik

Re: Waterloo Vibe vs hydro police (BlueCrush)

Post by Sputnik »

They mean hydro pole. Those are the poles that have the electrical wires. We call it hydro up here. As if if the power goes out, I'd say "My hydro's out."
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)