Getting around Toronto is a challenge with a lowered car

Ontario
03VibeOttawa

Getting around Toronto is a challenge with a lowered car

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

I spent last weekend visiting friends in T.O., and had to drive the Vibe around downtown alot. Ouch to my undercarriage! At some of the road construction sites, there would be an 8"+ drop where the pavement was removed, with lanes not more than a couple of feet on either side of my mirrors. There are so many parking lots and private roads without smooth curbs, and no way to approach on an angle. And then the Harbour Square condo complex vistor parking garage?! Killer! Since I lowered my car 6 months ago I've put 15,000 city kms using my car for work in Ottawa (including daily constuction, and parking garages), and let me tell you, it is a MUCH MUCH easier city to get around in a lowered car.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.
kevera

Re: Getting around Toronto is a challenge with a lowered car (Feelin' The Vibe)

Post by kevera »

It's funny I've lived here for a long time and don't have a problem getting around.I bet you mine is lower than yours.Tourists
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
bull77

Re: Getting around Toronto is a challenge with a lowered car (Feelin' The Vibe)

Post by bull77 »

to be safe -- give me your exhaust so you can breath easier when you scrape...strictly in the best interest of the vibes undercarriage
03VibeOttawa

Re: Getting around Toronto is a challenge with a lowered car (kevera)

Post by 03VibeOttawa »

Quote, originally posted by kevera »It's funny I've lived here for a long time and don't have a problem getting around.I bet you mine is lower than yours.Tourists Fair enough! As long as you live in Toronto proper, and not in "GTA" suburb like most people who claim to be from Toronto Quote, originally posted by bull77 »to be safe -- give me your exhaust so you can breath easier when you scrape...strictly in the best interest of the vibes undercarriage hehe yeah, it's probably not much to look at anymore.
03VibeOttawa–’03 Salsa 5spd. Fast Wheels Blade 17”s/Fuzion Zr1s (summer),Blizzak Revo1/’04 WRX rims, (winter),Tokico HP Struts,Tein S-Tech Springs,Progress RSB,K&N Typhoon SRI,SLP ram air hood,Magnaflow CB,DC header. Sold 11/9/2012 w/ 217,633kms.