Help us decide

Ontario
Zoomer

Help us decide

Post by Zoomer »

We test drove a Vibe and Taurus this week, both excellent vehicles. Questions we have are: how does the Vibe handle wintery conditions of snow/ice, how quickly does it heat up in the winter and how does it handle on the highway? Info/tips would be most helpful to make this decision.
slbpsi63

Re: Help us decide (AtWork)

Post by slbpsi63 »

Not to mention that everybody I know that has owned a taurus had to do some serious tranny and engine overhauls before the car hit 75000 miles. I'll take the 1zz's dependability over the taurus' horrible maintanence record.
Base Vibe, Shadow Monotone, 5sp.
philndz

Re: Help us decide (slbpsi63)

Post by philndz »

quote:I'll take the 1zz's dependability over the taurus' horrible maintanence record. no question about it.....this would be the quickest decision of my life i had to make it!!!! enjoy your new vibe
2003 Shadow Vibe Base 5spd - 53,000 MilesFlowmaster 60 series exhaust - Short Ram Intake SystemKonig Kaliber 17x7 Rims w/ 225-45-17 Kumho Ecsta 711's - Hotchkis Springs - Progress Rear anti-sway Bar My Vibe is FOR SALE: $8900
Big_Red

Re: Help us decide (Zoomer)

Post by Big_Red »

If you need another opinion....mine is as follows:For winter = GREATFor Summer = GREATFor Spring = GREATFor Fall = GREATBasically, it is the best fuel efficient car in its class and it has the 5 Rating for crashes.I love my Vibe....just the way it is....so my suggestion is, buy it, but don't get a Salsa Red Vibe (since that is my colour.....only mine!!!)
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
Zoomer

Post by Zoomer »

Thanks for all your responses. I am sold on the Vibe. We will likely order one very soon.
Altus

Post by Altus »

Hey Zoomer -- as someone also from Thunder Bay, I'd also say GET THE VIBE! ;->We just picked ours up today -- we've been toying with the decision for a few weeks now, and finally decided Monday to get it.After all the test drives, research, and general "checking it out" the Vibe won with me easy. Way more pros. And I wouldn't be afraid of driving it in a TBay winter at all.... well.... with proper winter tires on it anyway :->Greg
2003 Shadow Vibe -- Alloys, Auto, and Allota fun!Vibe #4,873Sadly, traded-in for a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan