OC Transpo strike

Ontario
Sputnik

OC Transpo strike

Post by Sputnik »

Anyone on here affected by it? My hubby takes the bus, but today had to carpool with three other coworkers. I drive so I'm okay, but not looking forward to all the extra cars on the road!
GenVibe Global Moderator

Current: 2012 Nissan Juke SL - Sapphire Blue Onyx (July '12 - present)
Current: 2012 Nissan Leaf SL 100% Electric - Blue Ocean (Dec '11 - present)

Past: 2003 Pontiac Vibe - Satellite Silver (Aug '02 - Dec '07)
Amtron

Re: OC Transpo strike (Sputnik)

Post by Amtron »

Most of my friends have been affected by it when going to exams because of the traffic. My buddy was over an hour late for his exam this morning due to it. I mean yeah he should have left earlier, but he didn't leave too late...plus he didn't even take the Queensway. I think he took Carling to Baseline or Woodroffe.It's all a mess. Amazing what they can do to screw up the whole city. Not only affected people driving, but I'd assume most people were late for whatever they had to do today.
Raven

Re: OC Transpo strike (Amtron)

Post by Raven »

It's days like these that I'm glad I moved 80km north. I saw 3 cars, a Bald Eagle, an 8 point buck and an incredible sunset on Lac Heney on my way home from work today.
Amtron

Re: OC Transpo strike (Raven)

Post by Amtron »

It's days like these that I hate unions...
bull77

Post by bull77 »

yup -- i take the bus from kanata to tunneys and now have to drive into work.yesterday it took me an hour with all the snow --- today it took me a hour to get from kanata to bayshore on carling!!! i better be getting a freaking rebate on my express pass... woohoo 1000 posts!
kunkstyle

Re: OC Transpo strike (bull77)

Post by kunkstyle »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »i better be getting a freaking rebate on my express pass...HAHAHAHAHA! Now that's the funniest thing I've read all day.
Kunkstyle's Garage:2006 AWD Pontiac VibeInfinity/Rockford/Kenwood Audio, CAI, Cupholder LED's, Keyless Entry Mod2000 Porsche 911 C2Kenwood Audio, Ultimate Cupholders, DRL's, 0-60 in 4.9 seconds.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »yup -- i take the bus from kanata to tunneys and now have to drive into work.yesterday it took me an hour with all the snow --- today it took me a hour to get from kanata to bayshore on carling!!! i better be getting a freaking rebate on my express pass... woohoo 1000 posts! I work in Bell's Corners and live near Silvercities... so in the morning I usually leave at 5:40 and get to work at 6ish (driving my Rogue - its an hour and a half by bus). Today I got there at 6:10. Not bad. Only a bit more traffic than normal at that time. But HOLY crap on the drive home! An hour and forty minutes. I am SO not impressed by this stupid strike. I'm thinking tomorrow I'm leaving work before 3 in the afternoon and maybe I'll get home by 4.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »i better be getting a freaking rebate on my express pass... If you have an ecopass I think you get a rebate because its a biweekly payment thing. But for bus passes I think you hold onto your current pass and then once they're running again the credit it against the purchase of the next month that you buy.
GenVibe Global Moderator

Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Coming from Kanata eastbound today was ridiculous! It took about 35 minutes from Castlefrank to Right up over that bridge. They were snowplowing that damn bridge and closed a lane....grrr...By the way - that bridge. That thing has been under construction, along with the road, for 2 years now!!! It's freakin' brutal! Almost as bad as the bridge on Terry Fox they were working on for a while....And I noticed to day that this OC strike is also very dangerous. There was a paramedic Impala that had it's lights and sirens on, trying to turn onto Sunnyside at Bronson, but couldn't move because of the congestion...that increases the response time. Not. good.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

I say force 'em back to work. They can work while they figure out their issues. Its become hazardous.
GenVibe Global Moderator

bull77

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »I say force 'em back to work. They can work while they figure out their issues. Its become hazardous. +1 Quote, originally posted by Amtron »Coming from Kanata eastbound today was ridiculous! It took about 35 minutes from Castlefrank to Right up over that bridge. They were snowplowing that damn bridge and closed a lane....grrr...By the way - that bridge. That thing has been under construction, along with the road, for 2 years now!!! It's freakin' brutal! Almost as bad as the bridge on Terry Fox they were working on for a while....I still don't get what they're doing on the 417 (6 lanes? 8 lanes?) and why people drive you could try driving down corkstown to moodie to avoid some of the backup
bull77

Re: OC Transpo strike (kunkstyle)

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by kunkstyle »HAHAHAHAHA! Now that's the funniest thing I've read all day.Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »If you have an ecopass I think you get a rebate because its a biweekly payment thing. But for bus passes I think you hold onto your current pass and then once they're running again the credit it against the purchase of the next month that you buy. damn right
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »you could try driving down corkstown to moodie to avoid some of the backupI always get off at Moodie if there is traffic, and take the road that is parallel to the 417 that takes you to March. Would that one be Corkstown?
bull77

Post by bull77 »

Quote, originally posted by Amtron »I always get off at Moodie if there is traffic, and take the road that is parallel to the 417 that takes you to March. Would that one be Corkstown?yup --- if you go fast enough you can get air over the tracks
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by bull77 »yup --- if you go fast enough you can get air over the tracks Hahaha You know where you can serious air? In the Wendy's parking lot by Carling. Right in back of it there is a huge drop. My buddy got a couple feet of air in his Jeep. I tried in my Vibe. It was one of those think about it after I do it kind of things...
Sputnik

Re: OC Transpo strike

Post by Sputnik »

GenVibe Global Moderator

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

Seen in downtown Ottawa at a (removed) shop.

Attached files
GenVibe Global Moderator

Amtron

Post by Amtron »

Quote, originally posted by Sputnik »Seen in downtown Ottawa at a (removed) shop.(removed)!!! That's amazing!
Amtron

Post by Amtron »

51 days, finally over. But it's going to be weeks before everything is all back to normal...