Thinking to rust proof @ Krown

Ontario
elkhaze

Thinking to rust proof @ Krown

Post by elkhaze »

Thinking to take my 2009 Vibe for rust proofing @ Krown 4900 Sheppard Avenue East this SaturdayDid anyone rust proof at that location? How is the service? How much did you pay? Now cost $105 + tax. Did you have to wash it before bringing it or will they wash it?A friend menthioned they give discount if you say u are from suburu club, not sure if it will work, but will try.Thanks
2009 Vibe 1.8L Auto
Mavrik

Re: Thinking to rust proof @ Krown (elkhaze)

Post by Mavrik »

Its always a good idea to get the underside of your car really clean before it gets sprayed.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
elkhaze

Re: Thinking to rust proof @ Krown (elkhaze)

Post by elkhaze »

Did Rust poof it @ Krown yesterday. Service was good a professional, they even let me go in and see the process. They drilled some wholes in the door panes to fill it with the oil base formula. cost 109 +tax. They also gave me a certificate which would grant me a life time warranty if I bring it back every year. The also said to bring it in the summer for best results.
2009 Vibe 1.8L Auto
DaveD

Post by DaveD »

I haven't decide if I want to rust proof the traditional way or go for the electronic method. Although the electronic method is a hell of a lot more expensive on the outset, you only have to do it once and can swap it to another vehicle on sale or new purchase.
kowell

Post by kowell »

Sorry to bring back an old thread but are you still satisfied with Krown?I'm looking to get the first rust-proofing treatment done on my 09 and I heard a lot of good things about Krown. They are more expensive ($119.95) but compared to a crappy 15 minutes treatment done at Metropolitain, Krown looks top notch.
2009 Vibe 2.4L 1SC - Red Hot Metallic
2011 Sienna V6 CE - Sky Silver
j42.snyder

Post by j42.snyder »

Personally, I've used Krown and their product for a couple of decades now with very good results. Just keep in mind it WILL drip for a number of days - less in cooler weather. I've never seen it cause damage to any surface it's dripped on though. It would just be messy if left indoors. I'd use newspaper or cardboard if you park in a garage.Around here, the standard price at Krown is $109.95, and they currently have a coupon in the paper for $5 off that. Rust Check is probably also decent to use - but they're advertising $119.95, and I haven't seen any coupons.I'm sure if you use either one as recommended, you'll never likely run into any rust issues. The trick is not skipping a year - especially during the first few. The process is very similar at either one - just different chemicals. Krown has a less noticeable odor. They add something to Rust Check to make it smell like fake cherries - probably to cover up another chemical smell that would be unpleasant otherwise.There's also no such thing as "too soon" - so don't bother waiting until closer to winter. Corrosion can happen year-round - not just when there's salt on the roads. Any car I've bought new I had done at the first opportunity - one time the day I bought it!John
clarksauto

Re: (j42.snyder)

Post by clarksauto »

Ive used Krown from 2005 till now I love it.
tpollauf

Re: (clarksauto)

Post by tpollauf »

OK so I'm not Canadian like most of you folks up there BUT I'm really interested in having such a treatment done to my 09 Vibe before this upcoming winter. Are there any comparable shops like what you mention that might be here in the Michigan/Ohio area? Worse case I can cross the border and head east on the 401QEW and patronize one of your shops up there Just curious what's out there as my Vibe will definitely see the salt/brine this winter (was garaged all last winter)
2009 Vibe GT (manual), 2009 G8Gt, 2009 Vibe GT (auto)
2014 Silverado, 2004 Vibe GT

"everything is modifiable"