when's the next get-together?

Ontario
abyss gt

when's the next get-together?

Post by abyss gt »

Spring is finally here. When do we meet?
Abyss Vibe GT Monotone w/17" wheelsTint (35% front 20% rear)
Fast Eddie

Re: when's the next get-together? (abyss gt)

Post by Fast Eddie »

How's about getting together on the Good Friday holiday on April 18th? Usually this isn't a huge family get together holiday and most people can get away. Since we had the last meet in the west end, I'm suggesting the east end at Eglinton Town Center on Eglinton, just west of Warden. There's a Tim Hortons in this big box shopping center and a Canadian Tire (if its open on Good Friday)just in case somebody needs to pick up some car wax or accessories for their Vibe. We can then can all go to a movie at the multiplex theater in the mall, maybe the Fast & the Furious II will be playing on that weekend.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, Pwr Pkg, Grafxwerks Badging, Coolblue Headlights, Silverstar Fogs, APC Silver Pedals Kit.
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

Well, we had one last month in Mississauga, and it was decided then (since it was cold and snowing), that we would have another meet until we got some warmer weather. However, if you want to organize one sooner (west-end of Toronto preferred)....that would be great.
2003 Pontiac VibeSalsaPower PackageSports PackageK&N Air Filter
rubberman

Post by rubberman »

How about having one in east end of Toronto?
Car&Bike Pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2355922/1New Kumho712(summer225/50/16)195/65/15 Dunlops(winter)03 Vibe 49,000kms gone!!!!!New Battery/window rubber pass doorTwo seats fixed(coming apart at the seams)Transmission?,Tires that sound like mudders on a truck(Contis) 18,000kms done/noisey A/C Compreser/poor paintRadio(no am)2 days old ,door speaker replaced
Intron Depot

Post by Intron Depot »

West-end for me. Still have warm memories from the first meet.
Intron Depot

Re: when's the next get-together? (AtWork)

Post by Intron Depot »

With the amount of Timmy's coffee(nectar of the gods) I drink, I'm in constant state of warmness.
coratz

Re: when's the next get-together? (Intron Depot)

Post by coratz »

speaking of timmys, buy the large coffee size. thats the best odds on the roll up the rimm contest.
rubberman

Post by rubberman »

the GM idea would be great lots of parking close to the 401 places to walk we should work on this maybe?
Car&Bike Pics http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2355922/1New Kumho712(summer225/50/16)195/65/15 Dunlops(winter)03 Vibe 49,000kms gone!!!!!New Battery/window rubber pass doorTwo seats fixed(coming apart at the seams)Transmission?,Tires that sound like mudders on a truck(Contis) 18,000kms done/noisey A/C Compreser/poor paintRadio(no am)2 days old ,door speaker replaced
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

Well, as much as I enjoyed the first meet (cold and snowing, but I am not going to drive to the East-End of Toronto. Mississauga/Brampton or even Oakville (or Etobicoke), but not further than that.
coratz

Re: when's the next get-together? (Big_Red)

Post by coratz »

you guys should call around the local dealerships for sponsorship, sinage, maybe some freebees??????oil changes??? handouts??etc when you have your meet?
rubberman

Post by rubberman »

I think it should be moved around
abyss gt

Re: when's the next get-together? (rubberman)

Post by abyss gt »

If we can't agree on the east or west end, we could meet halfway, perhaps 404/weston. There's a Crapy Tire, Timmy's, Futureshop and a bank in case you need extra cash.
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

quote:If we can't agree on the east or west end, we could meet halfway, perhaps 404/weston. There's a Crapy Tire, Timmy's, Futureshop and a bank in case you need extra cash.I go for that compromise. After all we Canadians are known as peacekeepers. Now we have to agree on a date. I like Sundays.
Base Two Tone Satellite, Auto, Pwr Pkg, Grafxwerks Badging, Coolblue Headlights, Silverstar Fogs, APC Silver Pedals Kit.
Big_Red

Re: when's the next get-together? (Fast Eddie)

Post by Big_Red »

I can go for halfway (but my preference is still Brampton/Mississauga. However, 404/Weston would do. I am hoping for a better turnout than the 4 cars we had in March....and unlike today, hopefully no snow, freezing rain, blizzard and/or rain. Sunny, warm and shorts wearing people.
Stang2Vibe

Post by Stang2Vibe »

My girlfriend and I will be spending a few days on the Canadian side of Niagra Falls the first week in May. I wonder if any members will be in the area at that time? We will most likely be taking my Vibe up there for its' first long road trip.
Former owner of a 2003 Vibe GT---Great car that gave me 8 years and 83,000 miles of trouble-free service.Current owner of a 2008 Hyundai Santa Fe Limited AWD.
KaBoOM

Re: when's the next get-together? (Stang2Vibe)

Post by KaBoOM »

Hi everyone,I'm in for meeting up with everyone! Someone take the lead here and give us a date! I'd say the first weekend in May, maybe the Friday night? It had better be nice out by then!!!!!
KaBoOM Base Vibe - AutomaticSatelliteSport PackagePower PackageNo Mods (yet!!)
Big_Red

Re: when's the next get-together? (KaBoOM)

Post by Big_Red »

Although I have no problem with a Friday night, I would suggest a day meet....for two reason:1. It's warmer than at night (at least until summer really hits)2. We can take nicer pics of the meet....
KaBoOM

Post by KaBoOM »

Only problem with the afternoon is that good places to meet are busy! Unless you all want to drive up to Barrie!I'd go for May 3rd or 4th in the afternoon if someone can suggest a good place to meet-up?
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

The last time we met, was at 3 PM.....just met at a Tim Horton's and it wasn't that hard to find parking and/or take pictures after either.
KaBoOM

Post by KaBoOM »

How about 3:00pm on Sunday May 4th? Location?
abyss gt

Post by abyss gt »

The 4th is no good for me. I have a wedding to attend on the 3rd, meaning I'll have a nasty hangover til Monday. How about the weekend after, preferably on the Saturday?
KaBoOM

Post by KaBoOM »

I'm good for the 10th! Anyone else in?
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

I'm willing to give May 10th a go. Let's make it 3pm at the Tim Hortons at Weston Rd and Hwy 401.
abyss gt

Post by abyss gt »

May 10th is perfect. I'm in.
KaBoOM

Post by KaBoOM »

Sounds good to me. I haven't been in that area too much, is it north or south of the 401? Can someone post directions?Anyone else?
Fast Eddie

Post by Fast Eddie »

Yipee, looks like we finallly has a consensus on a meet.quote:Sounds good to me. I haven't been in that area too much, is it north or south of the 401? Can someone post directions?Anyone else?KaBoOM, the Weston Rd Centre (at least that's what I think it's called) is just south of the 401, on the east side. Big box plaza, with the Tim Hortons in front just off Weston Rd. If your coming from Barrie, take the 401 west and the first exit off the 400 is Weston Road. Turn south on Weston Rd, and your there at the second stop light.
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

May 10th sounds good to me.....If it doesn't rain that day (or God forbid snow)....make sure your Vibe's are in showroom condition, since I will be taking pics.
Intron Depot

Post by Intron Depot »

I'm in! We also have to get our Matrix buddy to join us.
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

Not to worry, my interior will be clean.....and polished.
KaBoOM

Post by KaBoOM »

Just a reminder that the meet is coming up! I'm hoping to have my subs installed before then, we'll see!Let's hope we don't have any weather like they had out west, I'm off to Calgary in a few hours and I'm not looking forward to the 65cm of snow they got over the weekend!!
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

Well, the first Vibe meet, we had snow.....The next mini-meet I suggested was the Baskin Robbins Free Ice Cream on Wednesday and it was cloudy and coldI am telling you now, that if it is raining on May 10th, I am not coming.
MadBill

Post by MadBill »

It's a fair drive from Peterpatch, but I'm 50-50 for making it; 70-30 if I get my wheels on (at last!), as I wouldn't want to pass up an opportunity to display my overkill approach to such mods.I've never been to a Vibe gathering; do we get to wear tags with our GenVibe names, or just wait for someone to get close to a Vibe and then introduce ourselves, or..??
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

Just as a reminder, here is a picture from our first meet in February I am hoping for a nicer day (like today) and more Vibes!!!!
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

I would hate to meet new people on a rainy day. The pictures will look just as bad as the winter shot. I want a sunny day...I WANT A SUNNY DAY!
KaBoOM

Post by KaBoOM »

It WILL be sunny...It WILL be sunny...(repeat this many times).I'll be there rain or shine. I'm working on my buddy's '78 Vette in the morning, if it's nice he's going to drive it up as well.I'd really like to get my subs in by Saturday, but I don't think it's going to happen.
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

Based on the replies, we may actually beat the our February outcome.
KaBoOM

Post by KaBoOM »

Looking good for Saturday! The weather forcast looks good!
Big_Red

Post by Big_Red »

Well, I saw the tint...and it looks damn good. Just don't open the windows.