Parts Source Brake Rotors

Ontario
chevelle_lover

Parts Source Brake Rotors

Post by chevelle_lover »

Has anyone seen the slotted brake rotors in Parts Source. These are the ones that are a helical design on them. Are they worth it or should I just go with the Power Slot rotors. I am looking at doing the Cavalier next spring and the Vibe in the fall.
If God didn’t want us to eat meat, why did he make the cow so slow? (Ever eaten a cheetah-burger? Nope. And you never will.)
joholste

Re: Parts Source Brake Rotors (chevelle_lover)

Post by joholste »

can you throw a link up there for us??
2003 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab, Z71Formerly2003 Base Vibe (Frosty)
kevera

Post by kevera »

I saw them at Crappy Tire yesterday.They look OK,but they are almost the same price as the power-slots.I thought about them too,I need to do mine after winter,but I will probably pass on them.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

good place is automotive improvements, theirs a few i know of, one in brampton, one in etobicoke along queensway and one on the hamilton mountain near ancaster
chevelle_lover

Post by chevelle_lover »

I tried to find a link for the product and I have no idea where to look. I will keep trying but i cannot make any promises. I have never seen them in the United States so it maybe a product produced just in Canada at this time.Wave ActionThanks,I am in training in Brampton for work in the next couple months and I will look into that shop.
If God didn’t want us to eat meat, why did he make the cow so slow? (Ever eaten a cheetah-burger? Nope. And you never will.)
kevera

Re: (chevelle_lover)

Post by kevera »

I tried to.I can't find a pic anywhere,I've seen them in the flyers.I think Wave was talking about "Performance Improvements".I always thought they were expensive.
chevelle_lover

Re: (kevera)

Post by chevelle_lover »

Maybe when I go to Cleveland next weekend I will just stop in at JEGS or Summit. I know they carry the Power Slots for a decent price.
Mo4iu

Post by Mo4iu »

Excuse my ignorance because I don't know much about mods etc but I have a question about brakes. Lately, when I brake there is a vibration which I presume is from warped rotors like I've experienced with other GM brakes in the past. (I have about 19000 miles on my Vibe.) What are the advantage of the slotted rotors mentioned and would they be a better replacement than OEM? I usually just go to the dealer to have work done. Would they be available there or would I need to buy them and take them in with me? Why I'm at it....what about ceramic pads I've seen mentioned? Are they better than normal pads for stopping or longevity or both? Thanks for any advice.
chevelle_lover

Re: Parts Source Brake Rotors (Mo4iu)

Post by chevelle_lover »

During heavy braking there is a gas that can build up around the brake pads and the slotted rotors help to dissipate the gasses. The slotted rotors are usually not available through the dealership and it depends on the relationship that you have with your dealership if they will install parts that you supply. Ceramic pads do have the advantage of less dust build up on your rims so for asthetics but I have never installed them on a car and I do not know how they brake yet.If there is a vibration in your front end when you are braking the usual suspect is the warped rotor. Have you had the tires recently rotated? If so then someone did not torque the tires on evenly.
kevera

Post by kevera »

I found a pic of them.

Attached files
SCTM

Re: Parts Source Brake Rotors (kevera)

Post by SCTM »

Check this set on Ebay (item 140178467852)Got these more than 1 year ago, (asked for front drilled only - since my base model has drum on rear) and runs perfectly OK. Installed these rotor with CdnTire Monroe pads (also satisfied).
SCTM QUÉBEC Base 5spd Satellite, 20-35%back-tint, 3M film, HiddenHitch, Motegi Racing MR8, Orbit Remote Starter/5Doors, Winter GoodYear UltraGrip ice... and Lawnmower 310CCA battery !
ITcar

Re: Parts Source Brake Rotors (Mo4iu)

Post by ITcar »

Quote, originally posted by Mo4iu »Why I'm at it....what about ceramic pads I've seen mentioned? Are they better than normal pads for stopping or longevity or both? Thanks for any advice. i think the pads on my bf's car are ceramic right now, they are really squeaky, but i will have him post on what he thinks of them performance wise
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

ya ceramic brake pads squeek alot..i hate them with a passion..makes a good looking car look like a pile of crap lol...i love the monroe pads though, they're great pads, and yes kevin, i ment performance improvements, the one in brampton is rutherford just south of queen street on the east side
jjhendri

Post by jjhendri »

Hi folks well I have warped rotors, have anyone used this on '03 GT:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ories