Tuning/Mechanic Shops

Ontario
Mario

Tuning/Mechanic Shops

Post by Mario »

Does anyone know of reputable tuning/mechanic shops for Toyota motors? I'm talking serious tuning shops that specialize in building motors and setting up race cars.
Mavrik

Re: Tuning/Mechanic Shops (Mario)

Post by Mavrik »

not sure where your located in Ontario but I bet someone at matrixowners.com in the Toronto section could point you in the right direction. Toronto is race town and there is the drag strip not to far away.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Mario

Post by Mario »

Oh, I forgot to mention I'm searching in Toronto.I will ask on matrixowners aswell.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

their may be one shop near vaughan..i forget the name of it..but it's around the 407 and steeles area it's just down the street from some ferrari/masarati dealershipi can google earth it and show u exactly where it is
kevera

Re: (WaveAction)

Post by kevera »

My shop is just around the corner from the Ferrari dealership.I don't seem to remember any tuners near me.There is one closer to you Mario,just north of 7 on Keele,called magnus motorsports.They built some serious street cars and turbo setups and they have a dyno too.http://www.magnusmotorsports.com/
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

the one im thinking of is near steeles and pine valley..on a lil street called turbine drive..it's on the left side maybe 2 or 3 buildings down..im not sure if they're a tuner shop but they might..they sell alot of stuff and install
kevera

Post by kevera »

I think they're just for j-body's.
Mario

Post by Mario »

Thanks Kevera, that magnus motorsports looks good. I'll have to give them a call.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

nah they aint just for j-bodies..they do alot of cars..i know they do alot of fiero's
kevera

Post by kevera »

Quote, originally posted by WaveAction »nah they aint just for j-bodies..they do alot of cars..i know they do alot of fiero'sThey deal mostly in j-bodies and fiero's,at least they used to.That was one of the only places for us older j-body guys to buy aftermarket parts in T.O.I can't remember the name right now,but tomorrow when I'm at work I'll get it.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

lol alright..atleast we're on the same page..i cant think of the name either..my buddy worked their for abit then left
kevera

Post by kevera »

I passed by there today.The place is called Race Tech.They may sell stuff for other cars now,but like 10 years or so ago,they were the only place I remember that sold aftermarket parts for the j-body's.I bought a set of headers for my 97 GT there.It was great because I work just around the corner from them.Haven't been there in a while,not much modding being done to the sunfire,just the Vibe.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

ahh ya race tech..last time i was their was 2 years ago when i got my sunfire lowered..should go in sometime and see what they sell in the way of other cars..perferably vibes/matrix
BLAQJAQ

Re: Tuning/Mechanic Shops (Mario)

Post by BLAQJAQ »

try neetronics..i think there site is neetronics.com..if ya google them you will find them
- VORTECH SUPERCHARGER- GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE- MSD IGNITION MAP SENSOR- RSM RACING CUSTOM FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE - RSM RACING CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST - RSM RACING CUSTOM BIG BRAKE KIT- B&G LOWERING SPRINGS - ENKEI 18" RSV GUN METAL ROLLERS MACHINED LIP - SIRIUS SATTELLITE RADIO- ALPINE IVA-W200 2-DIN DVD/CD/AV Head Unit - ALPINE REAR FLIP DOWN MONITOR
CDNpatriot

Post by CDNpatriot »

Sorry to resurrect this post but Magnus is one place to avoid. Sure he has posted some impressive numbers for Eagle Talons. However, there are major issues with dealing with them.1. They are very expensive. And unless you are willing to drop 15k to 20k they don't pay too much attention to you.2. Customer service is one of the worst I have ever witnessed in not only the auto industry but anywhere.3. Misrepresentation. Be prepared to have someone knowledgeable to look over their work. They say they put a certain turbo/clutch in then you find out otherwise.DSM Canada has a list of issues in their posts with this place.
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT
gb21914

Re: Tuning/Mechanic Shops (BLAQJAQ)

Post by gb21914 »

Second the Neetronics I had Neetronics work on my Maxima and they were STELLAR to deal with. Very up front about how they tune, and then they asked what I was after. Very professional, and very easy to deal with.I've also had some experience with Rowetech Automotive out in Oakville. Simon is a great guy to deal with and knows his stuff cold. He's built the motor's on the last 2-3 Castrol project cars (Solstice and another GM vehicle that I can't recall). No dyno in his shop, he must relocate to do that...and I've never had him tune a car...but he's spoken highly of.Then there is Yohio of Japanese Auto. Having run in the Corolla tuning circle for a while he was the master of many of the toyota motor's...and I'd certainly talk to him. Toyota used to fly him to Japan to tune their rally car's...and he is one of the top Toyota tuners in the world. He is in Mississauga...and I believe he is still at JA.
gb219142003 Pontiac Vibe (Base)Neptune Blue220,000km