Help with hidden fees for new vehicle~~~

Ontario
vibe_n00b

Help with hidden fees for new vehicle~~~

Post by vibe_n00b »

Hello all,as mentioned before, I am looking into a new Vibe. Just did a test drive and quote from a dealer.Is anyone here know all the hidden fees that are not included in the GM Canada web site when pricing the Vibe? I knew the 14% tax is not there yet.Reason: I thought "destination" + "14% tax" are the addition charges that I will need to consider when budgeting. However, "freight & PDI" and "air" come into the picture all a sudden. "Air" make sense to me, but freight!!!?Thanks!!!
Factory options:Color: Wave BlueXM w/ 7 speakersSunroofABSPower package
KNINE

Re: Help with hidden fees for new vehicle~~~ (vibe_n00b)

Post by KNINE »

14% !!! That's crazy.I thought that destination charges would cover freight.I don't know what you mean by air.
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
vibe_n00b

Post by vibe_n00b »

Yes, 14% tax -- no choice!!!Air condition something, I forgot, around $100.
KNINE

Re: (vibe_n00b)

Post by KNINE »

I thought that AC was standard equipment?
"Don't look to the government to solve your problems, the government is the problem." Ronald Reagan"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin.
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

air, freight, and PDI are generally standard when buying a new car.....its saying that getting the car to the dealership cost about 1000-1200$.....i assume then that youre buying new?
kevera

Post by kevera »

That's all pretty standard here in Canada.But,you can haggle with them to lower their price to make up for it.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
vibe_n00b

Post by vibe_n00b »

Yes, I am getting new. I was at the dealer last night, and I realized that the sale offer around $500 discount. I was looking at a full loaded one around $24k. Any idea of what I could get. That is a showroom Vibe and has been driven for 9km + 5km (I drove that 5). Any comments on the Stability control? My father keep pushing me to get it~~~!
2006Vibe

Re: (thebarber)

Post by 2006Vibe »

it's an AC tax, you can't get around it.. any car with air conditioning gets this charge.
2006 Vibe 5 spd FWD - Abyss(Canadian model)Factory 16" Aluminum wheelsPower PackageGraphite Interior
04BlkVibe

Post by 04BlkVibe »

Just gotta watch the dealer's admin fee. when i shopped around..every dealer seems to have a different admin fee. Ask them about it.
2004 Abyss Vibe 5Spd Sport Appearance Package (Factory spoilers and ground effect)Sports Package (16" Wheels and Sunroof)Power Package, Safety Package (ABS and Side Air Bags)Monotone, 30% Tint all aroundNon Factory Option: Backup Sensor, Alpine MP3 Player, Autodimming Mirror, 17" Matrix RimsCome see it all at: http://members.cardomain.com/04blkvibe
KNINE

Re: (2006Vibe)

Post by KNINE »

Quote, originally posted by 2006Vibe »it's an AC tax, you can't get around it.. any car with air conditioning gets this charge.You Canadians have to pay a tax for AC? What a load of crap. Gotta love money hungry governments.
vibe_n00b

Post by vibe_n00b »

Thanks for all the info.I got my Vibe now~~~~~~~07 Blue Wave
04BlkVibe

Post by 04BlkVibe »

Nice! Congrats and welcome to the family.
2004 Abyss Vibe 5Spd Sport Appearance Package (Factory spoilers and ground effect)Sports Package (16" Wheels and Sunroof)Power Package, Safety Package (ABS and Side Air Bags)Monotone, 30% Tint all aroundNon Factory Option: Backup Sensor, Alpine MP3 Player, Autodimming Mirror, 17" Matrix RimsCome see it all at: http://members.cardomain.com/04blkvibe