Meet in the T.O

Ontario
kevera

Meet in the T.O

Post by kevera »

Hey guys,just wondering if you hook up anywhere in T.O.
June '07 VOTM Sept '07 MOTM HCVO /HCMO The Red Devil
Mavrik

Re: Meet in the T.O (kevera)

Post by Mavrik »

check out matrixowners.com and go to the TO section. They have E and W end meets all the time. Most of the TO vibe guys just join them. Really good group of ppl there. I went to a few the meets.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
mistamatrix

Re: Meet in the T.O (kevera)

Post by mistamatrix »

Our next meet is next Saturday, Nov. 25th in Scarborough at the Tim Horton's (Kennedy Commons, Kennedy/401). 8.30pm. Hope you can make it.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

would their be any meets west of T.O.? maybe Hamilton/Burlington area?
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

careful MO has become very clique...not very welcoming at all..just my opinion!
- VORTECH SUPERCHARGER- GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE- MSD IGNITION MAP SENSOR- RSM RACING CUSTOM FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE - RSM RACING CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST - RSM RACING CUSTOM BIG BRAKE KIT- B&G LOWERING SPRINGS - ENKEI 18" RSV GUN METAL ROLLERS MACHINED LIP - SIRIUS SATTELLITE RADIO- ALPINE IVA-W200 2-DIN DVD/CD/AV Head Unit - ALPINE REAR FLIP DOWN MONITOR
ArcsVibe

Re: (BLAQJAQ)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by BLAQJAQ »careful MO has become very clique...not very welcoming at all..just my opinion!What happened Grant?
Genvibe Global Moderator
MOTM September 06 & July 09
VOTM April 06
Neptune Vibe 2003 (7-10-2003 - 9-14-2010 vendu/sold)
Mazda3 GX 2008 (9-14-2010 - 5-09-2014 vendu/sold)
Matrix XR 2010 (5-09-2014)

Atomb

Post by Atomb »

has the whole "my matrix is better than your vibe" garbage started up?
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
keithvibe

Re: (Atomb)

Post by keithvibe »

I hang out with all trix owners. They are all very kind and helpful. Just little digs. There are more active trix owners in my area than vibe owners.
2010 Vibe & member of the yeargarage Email me if you need to talk to me, click my siggy and send the email threw the contact page.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

hey Atomb and Blaq, where in sauga are you guys? used to live there for 23 years, originally around dundas and hurontario, then moved around erin mills t.c.
mistamatrix

Post by mistamatrix »

Whoa, BLAQ! Pick your words carefully. I know where you're coming from but don't generalize man. Atomb, Vibe vs Matrix has nothing to do with it.
ArcsVibe

Re: (mistamatrix)

Post by ArcsVibe »

Quote, originally posted by mistamatrix »Whoa, BLAQ! Pick your words carefully. I know where you're coming from but don't generalize man. Atomb, Vibe vs Matrix has nothing to do with it.I am kind of surprised! The couple of times I gone there I was treated very nicely by everyone. Mista what happened?
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

I never said any one in particular if you all notice..i said that it has become very clique...thats the truth..hard to notice if you are in that clique..I'm not saying that some people in that clique are not kewl and helpful...but there are less of those types and more of the other...Mista is a great guy no doubt there...But there is obviously a reason why there are only the same guys at meets all the time..and hardly any new folks who come stick around...It has been voiced to me by a few people who attend the meets...maybe they are shy to say it out loud...I'm not I say it like i see it...if you go against the grain you tend be chastised for it...and lets not even get into the Vibe is not a Matrix thing...its ridiculous...anyway..I'm just giving my 2 cents...its not gospel..everyone is free to form there own opinion....But there is obviously a reason me amongst others have stopped going to meets...
- VORTECH SUPERCHARGER- GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE- MSD IGNITION MAP SENSOR- RSM RACING CUSTOM FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE - RSM RACING CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST - RSM RACING CUSTOM BIG BRAKE KIT- B&G LOWERING SPRINGS - ENKEI 18" RSV GUN METAL ROLLERS MACHINED LIP - SIRIUS SATTELLITE RADIO- ALPINE IVA-W200 2-DIN DVD/CD/AV Head Unit - ALPINE REAR FLIP DOWN MONITOR
BLAQJAQ

Re: (WaveblueVibe)

Post by BLAQJAQ »

Quote, originally posted by WaveblueVibe »hey Atomb and Blaq, where in sauga are you guys? used to live there for 23 years, originally around dundas and hurontario, then moved around erin mills t.c.Brittannia/Creditview area
the1stacekiller

Post by the1stacekiller »

I enjoyed all the meets so far though I don't mind being ridiculed for not knowing how to take an engine apart I find all the Matrix Owners very helpful and they always answer all my questions. The only reason I haven't made the recent Westend meets is because work is extremely busy (4th Quarter) and I have soccer Wednesday nights. If it wasn't for that I would gladly come out to more meets Cheers
- 2004 Pontiac Vibe Base 2 Tone Grey Goodness -
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

i always like meeting new people, vibe, matrix, or whatever....sure the gta matrix guys are all friends.....all you gotta do is walk up to us and talk though.....no need to be scared
the1stacekiller

Re: (thebarber)

Post by the1stacekiller »

oh and sometimes I get scared
- 2004 Pontiac Vibe Base 2 Tone Grey Goodness -
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

and blaq just had a run-in with one of the local guys re: a rsb...im not defending either of you, cus what the other guy did i dont agree with.....but you shoulda taken the rsb if you wanted it instead of letting him have it and talking crap all the time on mo.com....
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

hey barber..not even worried about the rsb anymore...agreed it wasn't cool...but definately not that...like I said above..it is clique whether or not those in that clique chose to accept is fine...but I have had convo with a few of the new face who show up when I am there whether it is their first or second or third meet..it is always on the same line...besides a hello....they are pretty much ignored...that is why they are not coming back...can i tell you names cause shoot I don't remember...but that is the truth....like I said there are quite a few good guys at the meets but there are more goofs than nice guys...and I'm not talking about who you think...
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

Quote, originally posted by BLAQJAQ »Brittannia/Creditview areaah, i know that area very well, i was around the Glen Erin and Erin Centre area, actually right on the corner
mistamatrix

Post by mistamatrix »

It takes effort by both parties, that's all. n00bs and the regulars. It isn't even about "clique" at all. It's about being comfortable talking to whom you already know. It's human nature to stick in circles that you grow familiar with. But really, there shouldn't even be a circle. Should be more like a horseshoe so communication is always open. Yes, there are regulars that make an effort to strike a convo beyond hello and that's great. It makes the newbies feel more welcome. The new guys have to understand that it's going to take a few meets to become a familiar face. It really is ****ty cuz geez were all grown ups for crying out loud. It's like high school all over again.
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

hopefully this sort of stuff wont happen to me when i head out to a meet sometime, with my old car club i was in..we were usually in like lil mini circles..like 5 groups of 4-6..was kinda dumb to have a "club" but do our own thing and talk to only certain people
mistamatrix

Post by mistamatrix »

That's pretty much what happens. Small groups of circles and people just walk from one to another. I guess it all depends on what the topic is. It's not that it's a bad thing. You just jump from one circle to another if you feel you can't contribute to the conversations. That's what I pretty much end up doing but only because I make an attempt to talk to everyone.
ArcsVibe

Post by ArcsVibe »

Ok guys lets get back on topic We should try to set up another meet this spring! It has been too long on my part to get there.One question though: When are you guys coming to a Montreal meet lol
Genvibe Global Moderator
VOTM April 06

BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

see like I said Mista is a str8 up guy...and what he says is exactly true...circles of regular guys and new people just standing around picking their noses...guys like Misat make the attempt to atleast intro themselves take shop etc..others..please...As for being comfortable? how much more comfortable can you make it..we are all there because we like the car to various degrees..so we already have that ice breaker..but that can quickly be squashed because of...The whole XR XRS VIBE bull*** buzz kill for sure... hopefully that attitude will change and we all come together to help those who need it and embrace the new to make us a bigger and badder crew of VIbes and MatrixAs for meets I would love to see us get something together that is truly Vibe based...(No haterade on the Marix crew) but it seems that there are quite a few vibes around (lotta lurkers atleast) we should be able to come out in force...I have tried on a few occasions with not too much interest..hopefully next spring summer things will turn around...Glen Erin and Erin Mills..hmmm..surprised we have never bumped into each other..hopefully we will meet up...As for Montreal..would love a meeet up there....cruise in la belle provance..lol my crack at french...night ion the town..I know Montreal has a pretty good Vibe thing happening up there
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

my old car club had a meet every tuesday, usually get about 20+ cars every time..but i know with the vibes, it hasnt gone that far, but maybe sometime in the near future we could do like a once a month thing..maybe in sauga since i know the city like the back of my hand..and it's closer then toronto or easy would be
Mavrik

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by WaveblueVibe »my old car club had a meet every tuesday, usually get about 20+ cars every time..but i know with the vibes, it hasnt gone that far, but maybe sometime in the near future we could do like a once a month thing..maybe in sauga since i know the city like the back of my hand..and it's closer then toronto or easy would beif you haven't already, check the http://www.matrixowners.com and go to the Ontario section. They have meets once a month or so. I used to go to several of theirs on the west side of TO in sauga area. Took me about 45 mins to get there from my old house in Woodstock. Not sure if they still do that though.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

Ya i Noticed it when I was on their forums, just wondering if you guys did a similar thing
Mavrik

Re: (RedFire2K)

Post by Mavrik »

Quote, originally posted by RedFire2K »Ya i Noticed it when I was on their forums, just wondering if you guys did a similar thingNot to my knowledge at least not when I lived in Ontario. Those interested in meets just went and hung out with the MO guys.
frank@toronto

Post by frank@toronto »

It's difficult to get people to come to these meets (for some its too late, too much traffic, rain, our winter, etc...).But you need to start somewhere (which could be at the M.O./M.O and Toyota Nation meets.I have met BlackJack and two other Vibe guys (the blonde fellow and his buddy with the hand held GPS). It's a social thing...
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

cool..might head out their next time you guys and M.O. decide to do it up..im firmiliar with the location cuz i went to the A&W across from it almost every day lol
thebarber

Re: (RedFire2K)

Post by thebarber »

Quote, originally posted by RedFire2K »cool..might head out their next time you guys and M.O. decide to do it up..im firmiliar with the location cuz i went to the A&W across from it almost every day lolhttp://matrixowners.com/forums....html
WaveAction

Post by WaveAction »

thanks barber..i noticed they dont have the '07 schedule up yet..so gotta wait..
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

unfortunately, even though there were several enthusiasts in the GTA, it was tough to pin people down to actually get them to come. when we planned a big MO/GVC meet over Labor Day in 04, i think we had about 17 or so turn out, not including a few of us that flew in. some for the meet, and others for.... events after the meet.
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS