MEET IN THE TORONTO AREA?

Ontario
Donshaw5

MEET IN THE TORONTO AREA?

Post by Donshaw5 »

I know i seem relle ancious on the idea but i'm going away to school soon and relle like too see some of ur rides.. maybe get some ideas.. thx
BLAQJAQ

Re: MEET IN THE TORONTO AREA? (Donshaw5)

Post by BLAQJAQ »

I'm down but I 'm not driving to Port Perry....
- VORTECH SUPERCHARGER- GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE- MSD IGNITION MAP SENSOR- RSM RACING CUSTOM FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE - RSM RACING CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST - RSM RACING CUSTOM BIG BRAKE KIT- B&G LOWERING SPRINGS - ENKEI 18" RSV GUN METAL ROLLERS MACHINED LIP - SIRIUS SATTELLITE RADIO- ALPINE IVA-W200 2-DIN DVD/CD/AV Head Unit - ALPINE REAR FLIP DOWN MONITOR
Donshaw5

Post by Donshaw5 »

well ill drive where ever.. not a big deal to me jus getting the people to come is the tough thing
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

well there it is folks with Vibes in ontario don't seem to want to meet..weird but true..if you can get em together I'm down..
- VORTECH SUPERCHARGER- GREDDY E-MANAGE BLUE- MSD IGNITION MAP SENSOR- RSM RACING CUSTOM FRONT STRUT TOWER BRACE - RSM RACING CUSTOM CAT BACK EXHAUST - RSM RACING CUSTOM BIG BRAKE KIT- B&G LOWERING SPRINGS - ENKEI 18" RSV GUN METAL ROLLERS MACHINED LIP - SIRIUS SATTELLITE RADIO- ALPINE IVA-W200 2-DIN DVD/CD/AV Head Unit - ALPINE REAR FLIP DOWN MONITOR
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

sorry guys, we had a quick whirlwind trip (as always) so no time yesterday to do a meet.however, we saw a LOT of vibes in TO and Montreal and just about everywhere!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BLAQJAQ

Re: (trdvibe)

Post by BLAQJAQ »

Quote, originally posted by trdvibe »sorry guys, we had a quick whirlwind trip (as always) so no time yesterday to do a meet.however, we saw a LOT of vibes in TO and Montreal and just about everywhere!did not even know u all were in town!
Donshaw5

Post by Donshaw5 »

well whenever u guys wanna get a meet together i know a few ppl that would be interested soo just let me know
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

Well how bout Friday nite the 25th of August..location to be determined
Donshaw5

Post by Donshaw5 »

If it's a nite / evening thats perfect.. and ya location as long as it's not too out of the way sounds good! Congrats on the VOTM nomination

Attached files
Mavrik

Re: (Donshaw5)

Post by Mavrik »

yeah... meets would be a whole lot more fun if people actually did not mind a drive to go to one. I drove from Woodstock ON to the MI meet back in 2004 and I know a few other people drove a lot further then that. I'd have enjoyed squeezing in a meet when I was in Ontario this past week but as it is we had a mini one in MTL. At least we had that lol.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Donshaw5

Post by Donshaw5 »

kk Lets get it together
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

well it would be just me and you it seems like...and that not a meet thats a date...not kewl...
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

i get the feeling that many don't want to meet up unless it's a 'useful' meet. Check out the guys up in Montreal...they get together and help eachother install/fix something on their respective vibes.if it's a 'stroke session' where everybody just stands around trying to figure out who's vibe's stereo is loudest or which vibe has been lowered the most....i'm thinking many aren't interested...i could be wrong though. so to get some interest, maybe a bit more than "let's meet up?" is required?just a thought/suggestion...trying to help.
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
Donshaw5

Post by Donshaw5 »

K well maybe not this friday then due to i have the local Blackstock fair and the there are usually some sweet cars there..thx tho..!!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

there's nothing wrong with getting together to hang out with other people who have like interests. sadly, it seems that no one seems to want to meet or get to know other people unless it's some sort of big event, sponsors, freebies, or they get something out of it. what ever happened to people getting together for FUN??
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

don't get me wrong, Hope. There is nothing wrong with getting together with people to have fun...problem is, people will usually want to get together to have fun with other people that they are comfortable with (know their personality) or have something in common. In this case, that something in common is the Vibe....and perhaps the technical/mechanical issues, adjustments that we all have to deal with.personally, i have nothing against meeting new people (i do that for a living...) but to kill an afternoon/evening sitting in a parking lot saying things like "wow, your stereo is loud" or "huh, you dropped your vibe...cool" just isn't my idea of a good time.as for freebies...i think you're wrong. i don't think anybody expects freebies.as for the 'all about me' attititude....well there's plenty of that on the site/at work/in the world that it should be expected. but that's a whole other topic.I like what the guys in Montreal do. They meet up on here and discuss what they want to do to their vibes. They each voice in with a "i've done that I can help" or a "i'd like to learn how to do that, count me in" and then they all meet up somewhere and all work together to do the maintenance/adjustments to the required vibes.the meet is purposeful....like this site.
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
AKLGT

Post by AKLGT »

i'm sorry, but we have a meet with our subaru crew a minimum of once per month. it usually involves standing around in the parking lot, but then migrates to either a fun little cruise or FOOD! we sit down, all have a good talk and then we can get to know each other and even make new friends. maybe the vibe community isn't what it used to be. Vibechick and I flew all over the place to go to meets and just have some fun with friends. I was planning to fly down for the Super Meet in 04 before Phil ever came into the picture. you guys are so fortunate to be so close to one another, want to meet up and enjoy something in common, yet it seems no one will committ to actually going or doing it. winter is soon approaching! just do it!
AKLGT1998 Subaru 2.5RS
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

I'm with both of you....the whole thing about a meet is just that...hang out and say things like his car is cool Etc...usaally meets are held were there are going to be other clubs meeting..so your not limited to looking at a bunch of vibes or matrix...but they can also be for the technical help or install help that we all needI think the issue here for us Vibers is that we don't meet for either...theier is a site dedicated to our cars but we never wanna meet to check em out show off or get help seems a bit weird to me...I again sayI'm done to meet up with folks..we have to start somewhere and it may start with just hanging outjus my 2 cents
thebarber

Post by thebarber »

if you dont mind hangin with matrixs....http://matrixowners.com/forums....htmlh ... ms....html
Donshaw5

Post by Donshaw5 »

I"M down to meet with the matrix guys this saturday
frank@toronto

Post by frank@toronto »

As per Barber,The next meet is this Saturday night, Aug. 26. Not only are their Matrix people there, but also other groups (honda, toyota, etc...).You walk arround, meet people, see some of the mods that people do. Its very social.We normally see two Vibe guys (can't remember their names) at the West End meets.
Mavrik

Re: (frank@toronto)

Post by Mavrik »

when I lived in woodstock, I used to hang out with the Matrix boys at a Tim Hortons and just have a good time. I don't think we ever installed anything either lol.
2007 stage 2 Satin White Pearl Subaru STi 2008 stage 2 Subaru STi hatch See my car at: Mavrik's car page
Donshaw5

Post by Donshaw5 »

Well i live in oshawa so i will be trying hard to make it to the eastend meet tomorrow
frank@toronto

Post by frank@toronto »

We had our Vibe representative at the Matrix (and Toyota Nation) meet last night.The rain came in, hence we relocated pretty early to an eatery.Pictures are here:http://matrixowners.com/forums...84&hl=
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

i'll be out soon...majority of tuning is almost complete..plus a few cosmetic tidbits...
trocar

Re: (BLAQJAQ)

Post by trocar »

The GTA was never a good place to get the Viber's together, I think there has only been one or two meets that actually were planned and happened over the years. I know that many of the meets ended up getting cancelled due to politicing within the forum. Good luck with putting one together,
mistamatrix

Re: (trocar)

Post by mistamatrix »

There's been a handful of Vibes showing up for the westend meets over the last few mths.
BLAQJAQ

Post by BLAQJAQ »

I'll probably be there about 9:30 or so..but only idf anit raining