Can anyone recomend a good dealer (GTA)

Ontario
moonstonemike

Can anyone recomend a good dealer (GTA)

Post by moonstonemike »

Well after having a couple of problems with the car and realizing the people at the dealer are idiots that couldn't fix a simple problems that was clearly pointed out plus getting constant attitude from the guy that takes down your problem. I was just wondering if anyone has found a dealer with at least 1/2 a brain? Or am I asking of too much.
04BlkVibe

Post by 04BlkVibe »

I had the same problem w/ my Vibe. Steering Vibration that just wouldn't go away. Took mine to Richmond Hill, Mills Pontiac (Oshawa) and Gus Brown (Whitby). Finally settled w/ Gus Brown (it was close to work).I bought my car from Unionville, but i wasn't entirely satisfied w/ their service. Richmond Hill was alright (friendly shop foreman). Gus Brown is pretty good as well.What problems are you experiencing?
2004 Abyss Vibe 5Spd Sport Appearance Package (Factory spoilers and ground effect)Sports Package (16" Wheels and Sunroof)Power Package, Safety Package (ABS and Side Air Bags)Monotone, 30% Tint all aroundNon Factory Option: Backup Sensor, Alpine MP3 Player, Autodimming Mirror, 17" Matrix RimsCome see it all at: http://members.cardomain.com/04blkvibe
Atomb

Post by Atomb »

steering wheel shake probs here too...about 2 years ago...found out it was the dealer that caused it and then made things worse when they tried to 'fix' things.in the end i took it to a small private shop and they fixed things. cost me some money but at least it was fixed. i'm out of warranty now but even so, i'm pretty sure i wouldn't have gone back to my dealer.
I have signatures turned off so I'm not even sure what mine says in this space!
the1stacekiller

Re: (Atomb)

Post by the1stacekiller »

If you are having an alignment issue.. I usually go to Goodyear on Dundas & Wolfedale.. very friendly and they alway diagnose my problem right.. The Vibe started to lean to one side all the time.. brought it in .. they said 1 tire was Fubared (which it was b/c of sis) and they replaced it with the same Goodyear tire the car came with.. pricey but at least done RIGHT..CheersMartin
- 2004 Pontiac Vibe Base 2 Tone Grey Goodness -
moonstonemike

Post by moonstonemike »

Well heres why I don't trust my dealerfirst I was supposed to pick my car up on a monday after work. I knew the car had arrived on the saturday (It was driven from Ottawa), so I went sunday night to checck it out. Well It was pretty clean except for a bunch of water spots and bug splats on the front bumper. I figured ok they problalby still need to clean it. Well monday comes around and my salesman call me at work to remind me to pick up the car. I told him to personaly make sure its clean. He told me it was already cleaned on saturday. I told him to take another look and make sure the bugs were cleaned off. Well I get there, guess what still full of road crap and bugs on the bumper. Long story short it took 2 hours to clean it because they kept bringing out the car the exact same way saying its been cleaned. I had to personal stand there with the service manager and tell him 1 spot at a time where its dirty. Finally that was taken care of.Then even before i leave the lot with my car the tire monitor comes on . So I go to the service and they take it in. 10 min later the guy gives me the keys back and says the sensor is fine and the presure is fine it just needed to be reset. OKWell two days later I'm washing the car and I notice one valve stem cap missing. I was pissed thinking someone stole it. I get to the other tire and one by one notice the caps are barely screwed. I check the presure and all were 10psi low. Then a few weeks go by and I hear a rattling that sounded like it was in the pass. side dash I also was hearing a thund whenever I hit a bump. So I take a look and see the tailpipe is loose and hitting the bumper. I also figured out that the noise I heard in the dash was actually a loose heat shield hitting the fire wall.So I decide to bring it in and while i'm there get my 1 free oilchange, because I started to see small shiny particles in the oil.Well first I tell him the tailpipe is hitting the bumper whenever i go over a bump. He looks at me like i'm an idiot and repeats what I said like a quetion. I walk him over and move the pipe to show him, and I repeated myself again its hitting the bumper. I also tell him about the heat shield thats rattling against the firewall. He looks at me like im an idiot again and says that car doesn't have a firewall its the body. I tell him whatever you wanna call it , its hitting.I then tell him I want to use my free oil change. Why do you want to change it already? he asked. I told him I want to do the first couple of oil changes early to keep out the brake in oil. Once again he has another smart (removed) coment of ohh theres no such thing as brake in oil. I tell him I don't care I want the oil changed for my peace of mind. I really wasn't in the mood to argue. Well I pick it up drive home and hear the rattle still. It said on the bill there was some bolts loose on the ehaust pipe but didn't mention the shield being repaired. At least the were able to fix 1 problem. I get home put the car on stands and see the heat shield is still rattling because a nut was missing right in front of their face. I get a nut and washer and fix it myself.Now I don't trust the dealer to fix anything on my car, I don't trust them to check my tires and I can't even trust them to be able to wash a car correctly. So thats why I need a decent dealership recommended incase any othe problems arise. Oh BTW the dealer is Woodbine Pontiac in north york
the1stacekiller

Re: (moonstonemike)

Word to the wise ALWAYS WASH YOUR CAR YOURSELF Never let the dealer DO ANYTHING!! dude I would of washed the car myself instead of waited there for hours!! Sorry about your troubles.. I get nothing but bad service at my dealership too.. Thats why I do my own oil changes/tire rotation/maintenance/car washes.. only thing I ever do at the dealer is warranty work.. and then its a huge hastle to get good service.. now I do everything (since no more warranty) and the only thing I can't do (alignment) I go to goodyear (pricey but great service) if you have issues with your ride I would go to Bramalea Toyota and ask for Mike or go to Matrixowners.com (Mikesmatrix) and tell him of your problems.. he is an awesome guy, and he fixed all my issues in no time.. Hope you have less problems in the future
moonstonemike

Re: (the1stacekiller)

Post by moonstonemike »

Quote, originally posted by the1stacekiller »I would of washed the car myself instead of waited there for hours!! )I could have washed it myself , but is was the principal of paying so much for the car I shouldn't have to take it home to scrub bug splats off. I also am planning on doing my own maintanace. But for large problems thats what the warrentys for.
the1stacekiller

Re: (moonstonemike)

Hope you have a problem free ride for the most part I had only 3 warranty issues (2 I fixed myself since warranty ran out) cheers
04BlkVibe

Re: (Atomb)

Post by 04BlkVibe »

What was the cause of your vibration issue?
2004 Abyss Vibe 5Spd Sport Appearance Package (Factory spoilers and ground effect)Sports Package (16" Wheels and Sunroof)Power Package, Safety Package (ABS and Side Air Bags)Monotone, 30% Tint all aroundNon Factory Option: Backup Sensor, Alpine MP3 Player, Autodimming Mirror, 17" Matrix RimsCome see it all at: http://members.cardomain.com/04blkvibe